#1 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Yesterday and today, my chat has been "off" in the game lobby area. I haven't changed anything, am on a static ip, and no vpn.

Can anyone let me know how to turn it back on?

Thanks,

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Radeon 7000 Graphics Card -

20TB HD - (can save a lot of pictures and stuff)

Jay  :)

#2 okko

okko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Welcome to my life since February............

#3 letorgan

letorgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:54 AM

démarrer Perfect Golf en mode Administrateur ... ? (juste une idée ?)

#4 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

I googled the problem and it seems (or it was a month or so back) that the devs haven't found the cause of it. I hope it can be fixed. 

If anyone has had this problem, and gotten the chat to work again, please let me know what to do, or how you did it. Thanks !!!

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#5 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Not been playing much at all the last couple of months, but I stopped in yesterday and again today, lobby empty and the "chat off" sign showing. Is it Steam or PP?

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

The only times this has happened to any of us is when we get logged out of steam without steam telling us.  Make sure you go to the steam pages and log in also restart steam on the pc and log in.  Finally we have been informed that if you run a virtual machine with networking this will also interfere with the chat ports.  It is possible you have installed something that competes with the same ports, there are a hundred reasons why it could happen but they do not appear to be on our end to the best of our knowledge.

#7 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

The only times this has happened to any of us is when we get logged out of steam without steam telling us.  Make sure you go to the steam pages and log in also restart steam on the pc and log in.  Finally we have been informed that if you run a virtual machine with networking this will also interfere with the chat ports.  It is possible you have installed something that competes with the same ports, there are a hundred reasons why it could happen but they do not appear to be on our end to the best of our knowledge.

Now that you mention it I just installed Oracle's VM Box. Was thinking about setting up the W10 Preview. I only installed VM Box but never actually set up a VM. Anyway, FYI, I uninstalled and voila the lobby back live again.

Perc

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#8 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

I've tried everything I could find to hopefully remedy the problem. I have a static IP, no VPN or VM. I completely disabled (I know it's not good to do it) my AV (Norton) and firewall, set CCleaner and ASC Pro to exclude Steam files/cookies, removed the last windows updates, and still have to get a code every time I sign into the Steam site, and the chat is off when I open the game. Ports are the same as months ago, also. I am lost because I haven't changed or added anything in weeks and this problem just started a few days ago, out of the blue. Really disappointing, as I absolutely love this golf game. 

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#9 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:59 PM

Do you have Teamviewer installed?  If so, uninstall it and test chat.

• jayw4862 likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#10 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

Do you have Teamviewer installed?  If so, uninstall it and test chat.

Thanks for the reply Crow. No, I don't have Teamviewer installed. Don't even know what that is, lol. I have Skype, but hardly ever use it.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#11 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

I am having to "get the access code" every time I go to the Steam page and try to log in. 4 codes in the last 30 minutes and I haven't done anything  (haven't even closed the browser). I log out and search google for a solution, get confused, go to log back into Steam, and have to get the code that is emailed to me. Frustrating.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#12 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:38 PM

Not too clear on "ports". I'm not sure of how to properly check this out.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#13 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

I am having to "get the access code" every time I go to the Steam page and try to log in. 4 codes in the last 30 minutes and I haven't done anything  (haven't even closed the browser). I log out and search google for a solution, get confused, go to log back into Steam, and have to get the code that is emailed to me. Frustrating.

Its a code to access Steam?

• jayw4862 likes this

#14 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

Its a code to access Steam?

Yes. The steam.com website. Here is what I get every time I try to log in. Same PC, same browser (even has the name and password already filled in for me) I've used for Steam and PG since 2013.

KaMR48r.jpg?1

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#15 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:47 AM

As a troubleshooting step, I would uninstall ccleaner and asc, reboot.   Log into steam with a new code when it asks you.  Reboot.  Test steam then again to see if it prompts for code.  Both ccleaner and asc can cause this phenomena.  Let me know what happens.

• jayw4862 likes this

#16 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hi mate, i have had this problem a few times, and the only time this happens when my internet  connection is not working properly

never had to  check, hardware, software, files etc,  only when as stated above, 

something  to check anyway mate

• jayw4862 likes this

#17 Doudar1361295165

Doudar1361295165

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationUp North in the UK

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

My chat has never been on?

Doudar.png

#18 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

As a troubleshooting step, I would uninstall ccleaner and asc, reboot.   Log into steam with a new code when it asks you.  Reboot.  Test steam then again to see if it prompts for code.  Both ccleaner and asc can cause this phenomena.  Let me know what happens.

I uninstalled both and logged back in (after getting the code), opened PG, waited for the update, and the chat is till off. I'm going to reboot again to see if steam.com tells me to get a code again. If it does, at least that's one attempted fix I know isn't the problem. I appreciate the help. Hope it works after reboot :-)

Hi mate, i have had this problem a few times, and the only time this happens when my internet  connection is not working properly

never had to  check, hardware, software, files etc,  only when as stated above, 

something  to check anyway mate

I checked my internet. I have static IP, never changes, and the speed is still strong. I am also connected via ethernet and not wifi mode. I'm lost here. Hopefully, a reboot will tell me something good. If not, I may just do a modem reset and try that. I don't use the chat often, but I have been wanting to meet some other players and play some multi-player type games. Gets boring playing alone so much. But, as bad as I play, using every aid available, folks might not want to see me showing up :-)  Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back as to what works and what doesn't.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

#19 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Something is messing with Steam.  I thinks that's why the chat doesn't work.  Anyway, you can test on a different network?  For, instance, I can make a hotspot with my iPhone.  I've used it from time to time to get my pc onto the internet when our cable goes out.  If it works on another network, then we know its your ISP and if not, its something on your pc.

• jayw4862 likes this

#20 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

Something is messing with Steam.  I thinks that's why the chat doesn't work.  Anyway, you can test on a different network?  For, instance, I can make a hotspot with my iPhone.  I've used it from time to time to get my pc onto the internet when our cable goes out.  If it works on another network, then we know its your ISP and if not, its something on your pc.

I have tried everything mentioned, and so far, no change. Even called my ISP Tech Dept, and had them do a reset from their end. Rebooted and steam still doesn't recognize my pc. So, now I will find a VPN w/ a free trial and try signing in from a different location. 4 hours and 10 new steam sign-in codes later I am still lost, lol. What I don't understand is that I played one day and all was fine. Next day, all was not fine. And I didn't do anything differently than I have been doing for a few months. Hopefully, the VPN will work (not sure how, but I gotta hope). I appreciate all the offers of help and attempts to fix my (and some other's) problem.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat, pg chat, lobby chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users