• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Cobra

Cobra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

It would be nice if the golfers on Perfect Golf could get together on a voice chat client, for those that wanted to, and GateKeeper, aka g8.keeper, has a server that he has offered to all the PG Community and welcomes anyone that would like to join up with us and have some fun.

​The site for TeamSpeak 3 is here,

http://www.teamspeak...ak-download.php

Once downloaded, click on Connections, then Connect and type in 50.65.193.169 in the server address box.

You should then be in the Registration room where someone should help you out.

Let's make the PG Community stronger by getting together and having some fun and make new friends along the way.

• RobV likes this

#2 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

my computer tells me not to allow

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

let it go kenny it is a safe download. been on the same ts server since 08 with a bunch of different people over the years,nevr a problem for anyone

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Just tried to login to the teamspeak recommended server and it says unable to connect :wacko:

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#5 Cobra

Cobra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:11 PM

The IP Address has now changed, sorry for any confusion.

Please connect using 50.65.193.165

​Once you have connected please wait until Admin give you

​the necessary permissions to enable you to move freely around the server.

​Regards, Cobra.

#6 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

Hi Cobra, been on the server a couple of days now and can't join any of the channels. How do I enable this?

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#7 Cobra

Cobra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

You have to wait until an admin can register you on the server
Then you can move freely

#8 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

I use Steam's voice chat with a bud often in PG. The sound is crystal clear and works flawlessly for us. I believe it can support group chat  also but am not sure if there is a limit on the number of played allowed. It's free and works outside the game as well-

#9 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

I use Steam's voice chat with a bud often in PG. The sound is crystal clear and works flawlessly for us. I believe it can support group chat  also but am not sure if there is a limit on the number of played allowed. It's free and works outside the game as well-

I have used steam's voice chat myself, I read that they use the same codec as skype. it seems to work very well, if anything it's more convenient then the others.

#10 Cobra

Cobra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:38 AM

BionicWolf, the teamspeak server we use belongs to Doug, Gatekeeper of Links Lobby Zombies fame :) and can host almost an unlimited number and anyone is welcome to join us, its a growing community ;)

#11 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:06 AM

I asked in another thread why people weren't simply using the steam overlay chat. At that point I wasn't sure it even worked in-game for PG.

Glad to hear it seems to be a viable alternative. The one thing that can ruin it is people who have it set to work automatically and having it too sensitive and hearing everything that happens at their end. (no pun intended)  :D

Push to talk is the way to go IMO

fh9CSNA.png

That's in the Steam settings on the Voice tab.

#12 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

BionicWolf, the teamspeak server we use belongs to Doug, Gatekeeper of Links Lobby Zombies fame :) and can host almost an unlimited number and anyone is welcome to join us, its a growing community ;)

Thanks for the info Cobra, I was just relaying the steam chat info in case others have not tried it yet. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. I have serious medical issues and cannot plan for future memberships or c;lubs etc.

It's a great thing there are people like Doug that offer the community services to further enhance player's experiences...

EDIT- oops I somehow messed up the quote function-aw heck I'll just leave it as is.

• Fairwayman likes this

#13 Cobra

Cobra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:28 AM

That's fine bionicwolf hope to see you on Teamspeak soon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chat, teamspeak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users