• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Icestorm311

Icestorm311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Looked around and saw a little here and there about beta for the application but nothing saying specifics. I have been waiting forever for a good golf game, with a course designer, since the days I met with Activision/Jack Nicholas to discuss/test Jack Nicholas Golf & Designer(PC). Would love to help out with the testing if anyone could point me in the correct direction or get me in touch with the designers. The game is actually looking incredible for early access!

Hope to hear from you all. Appreciate any direction I can get as well.

+Please leave the crap comments to yourself if I have missed something. The community will be better off without you if you just disappeared. Man I miss the good old days when everyone loved the games and wanted to help anyone/everyone!!!

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Beta Testing is by invitation only. To get an invite, employ the usual methods of creative contributions, likeable personality or quirky character, devious boot-licking and shameless self-promotion - become a part of the community, post a lot (don't troll), keep your ego private, post even more, get in touch with the devs, publish your projects, designs, ideas...

Mike Jones is in charge of the CF beta programme, perhaps you would want to PM him your application. Keep it brief and to the point, state facts and previous experiences. 

A sizeable amount of course design in PG is made through the Unity game engine, which happens to be free and can be downloaded at unity3d.com. CourseForge is an Unity add-on that will only be of use once you have mastered the Unity basics. You will most likely not receive an invite if your are Unity-illiterate. 

There are many posts about Unity issues in the CF sub-forum should you run into problems (you probably will).

But tbh you left it a bit late for that, Icestorm311. There are many beta testers on the job already.

The good old days are mostly over, though I pine for them, too. Your second-to-last sentence, I'm afraid, is part of the reason why they are gone. Lose the pre-emptive attitude, please.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

I believe most of their energy right now is focused on the Unity 5 update, so I'm not sure if they are taking anyone new at this time.

Learn to use Unity if you can.... and try to have a positive attitude even if you have trouble. I got very frustrated with it when I started, and I think that probably contributed to not being asked.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 Icestorm311

Icestorm311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

devious boot licking made me laugh hard. We have all done that at some point in our lives or careers to get something we wanted. Why stop now :)

The good old days...limited internet, tools were awful, lucky to stay connected for a full game on dial up(with one person) but everyone always had fun and the courses were incredible(if not impossible at times but plenty of laughs and four letter words). I showed my kids the links game one day and they asked what the crap is it drawing every pixel for?. God they have no clue what it use to be like just to play any game, let alone golf which was one of the best.

I was excited to see its using the unity engine and sounds like they are not having the issues that other games have had with 5 which is great! I am happy to see others besides EA making golf games again. Anyone willing to move it to community sharing of courses I will support regardless. If it helps to push further development and better golf games, I am all for it!

I didn't know Mike Jones was heading this up. Its been a long..long time but will message him now. Thanks to both of you for pointing me in the right direction and looking forward to seeing more from everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users