Photo
- - - - -

While we wait.... there's life in the old dog yet....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

Whilst we wait patiently for what promises to be a great step forward for Perfect Golf, I thought you would like a chance to look at some very creative work done on an older franchise.....

Playing through the original tour provider set-up for Links, provided by Mark Hulka over at LSPN, a small group of players follow the European Tour schedule, trying as far as possible to recreate the world's second major tour in as realistic fashion as possible, utilising the great work of many superb designers to play the venues involved, or those which closely emulate the feel of the competition each week.

During a break in the schedule back in May, the membership got together to play the WGC Cadillac Match Play event, using Spyglass Hill on California's Monterey Peninsula as a standby for TPC Harding Park. The following is the story of the event's finale....

Our video producer Greg (GD5150) has produced such a great piece of work, I'm doing all I can to fight off the massive number of calls from major networks to poach his incredible talent.

• Dazmaniac and shimonko like this

#2 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

great post mate, watched both videos

Thanks

#3 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

Good job Mike, now get ready to start all over again with the new PG! 

#4 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:09 PM

Good job on your project.

Being a video producer for many years I would like to say that zooming into a game too often and too close causes way too much aliasing. Jaggies take the viewer from the virtual experience back to a pixelated old-tech world of the 80's.

A suggestion. Keep the camera views further away to allow anti-aliasing to keep the outlines of objects smooth. B)  

And "less is more" IMO when creating game videos. I understand it was fun to narrate under these circumstances but if voice over is going to be used it needs to be a really good microphone/headest.

For example: (best viewed at 720 in Theatre Mode)

Links 2003/PG 2015

• Fairwayman likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#5 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

⛳️ Very cool Crush, this shows just how more the graphics are refind and ball physics as well, golf sims have come. Can't wait for you to compare unity 4 vs. 5 screenies....keep doing this please! ⛳️

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#6 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

Good job on your project.

Being a video producer for many years I would like to say that zooming into a game too often and too close causes way too much aliasing. Jaggies take the viewer from the virtual experience back to a pixelated old-tech world of the 80's.

A suggestion. Keep the camera views further away to allow anti-aliasing to keep the outlines of objects smooth. B)  

And "less is more" IMO when creating game videos. I understand it was fun to narrate under these circumstances but if voice over is going to be used it needs to be a really good microphone/headest.

Thanks for your comments.

On a shorter 'out-of-the-box' presentation I can appreciate that the shots are best kept static to not show up the inevitable 'retro' feel to the graphical capabilities. For this longer project, where we wanted to reward our finalist with full coverage as a momento, using the standard cameras would have felt far too pedestrian, and the matchplay footage was conceived and created with recreating TV coverage in mind.

The sound quality, at least on my end, did let it down somewhat, not helped my my garbled and somewhat crushed South London vowels. Considering it was recorded on an Apple iPhone using voice memos for ease of format for Greg to work with them straight away on a Mac set-up, they did the job hopefully.

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

I know one thing for certain. Anytime someone makes a video and edits it well, it's a lot of work. True, it's a labor of love but it's not something that gets done in 10 minutes. ;)

You did a good job and many will appreciate it.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users