#1 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

At first I have to say that I don't like the comet trail to make the ball visible because to me it looks very unnatural. So in the past I played with the follow cam which is also quite unnatural but at least I could see the ball.

Now after the update with the follow cam the ball takes a very disturbing vertical drop near the end of the flight and falls down like a stone. To solve this I changed to the player cam with ball tracer comet and fiddled a bit around what might be the best solution fo me. In the end I found out that a comet trail length of 0.07 m and the landing snap camera is currently the best compromise between visiblility and realism. The tracer as small as can be to see the ball from the tee to the landing spot.

An nice enhancement would be if the comet trail could be automatically turned off when the view changes to the landing snap cam because here the ball is good enough visible without a comet trail.

Another improvement to the visibility as someone mentioned in a another post would be if the ball could change from pale (white) to dark (grey/black) and backwards depending on the background.

Overall the update is looking very good and I'm sure the devs will enhance and fine tune the unavoidable small bugs of such a big update.

Keep up the good work.

Jürgen

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

At first I have to say that I don't like the comet trail to make the ball visible because to me it looks very unnatural. So in the past I played with the follow cam which is also quite unnatural but at least I could see the ball.

Now after the update with the follow cam the ball takes a very disturbing vertical drop near the end of the flight and falls down like a stone. To solve this I changed to the player cam with ball tracer comet and fiddled a bit around what might be the best solution fo me. In the end I found out that a comet trail length of 0.07 m and the landing snap camera is currently the best compromise between visiblility and realism. The tracer as small as can be to see the ball from the tee to the landing spot.

An enhancement would be if the comet trail could be automatically turned off when the view changes to the landing snap cam because here the ball is good enough visible without a comet trail.

Another improvement to the visibility as someone mentioned in a another post would be if the ball could change from pale (white) to dark (grey/black) and backwards depending on the background.

Overall the update is looking very good and I'm sure the devs will enhance and fine tune the unavoidable small bugs of such a big update.

Keep up the good work.

Jürgen

Until very recently, my solution to eliminate the 'updraft ball effect' on the follow cam was to use a setting of 7 on the catch time setting with a comet tail of .03. But I also really don't like any comet tail. Thanks to Axe360, I now use a catch time setting of 0 and no comet setting and it behaves almost exactly like the follow cam before the update. Try it and see how that works for you.

• axe360 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:27 PM

Until very recently, my solution to eliminate the 'updraft ball effect' on the follow cam was to use a setting of 7 on the catch time setting with a comet tail of .03. But I also really don't like any comet tail. Thanks to Axe360, I now use a catch time setting of 0 and no comet setting and it behaves almost exactly like the follow cam before the update. Try it and see how that works for you.

Richard I am using same setting as you and quite pleased with it also.

#4 J_Schollmeyer

J_Schollmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

These are the settings I used in the past but after the update I get that unnatural drop of the ball. Your settings work better for me but at the moment I will stick to the player cam with the settings I posted above and hope my suggestions are possible to realize.

Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz

4GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 Series

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1GB RAM)

Samsung SyncMaster T260HD & T2770 (Resolution: 1920 x 1200)

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Basically what happens is that the camera is tracking the ball and then as the ball comes into land the tracking effectively disconnects itself from the ball so that the camera is not bouncing with the ball. At first I noticed it but by playing around with the follow cam settings I quite like the whole effect now. 

• axe360 and Fairwayman like this

#6 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

No comet trail and follow setting of zero gives me good visibility with the ball.

However, that last "drop like a stone" bit isn't great but it would be better if the size of the ball didn't reduce to the size of a pea. Couldn't it stay the same size all the way through the flight and landing ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:13 PM

It does not reduce in size it just gets further away as the ball is not  coming down vertically it is moving away from the camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users