Photo

Is This Still Planning on being Released before the End of 2013?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 ERASERhead1

ERASERhead1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

Title is pretty self explanatory.

A friend of mine is dying to bet me money that it won't.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but what we've seen so far still looks pretty early.

The site still says Winter 2013, so I really wanna take that bet.

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

At some point you'll learn when to gamble.. :D

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

thinking more into next year myself

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

I hope your friend is offering you good odds........ I wouldn't take even money!!!  :lol: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

IMO there is no way on God's green earth that we will see a full game released before the end of the year.

We'll be lucky to have a working BETA of Course Forge by then at this rate, lol.

The original plan was always to have a released game by mid 2014, but I'm thinking we might even see that slip back.

#6 SouthStPaul

SouthStPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Saint Paul, MN USA

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Winter is at best a subjective term.  Technically, Astronomical Winter lasts from December 21, 2013 until March 19, 2014.  Here in Minnesota it can last until June (if we are lucky).  To quote Game of Thrones, "Winter is coming."  Maybe we need to just focus on that phrase.

I think the snow is starting to let up! :lol:

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Winter is at best a subjective term.  Technically, Astronomical Winter lasts from December 21, 2013 until March 19, 2014.  Here in Minnesota it can last until June (if we are lucky).  To quote Game of Thrones, "Winter is coming."  Maybe we need to just focus on that phrase.

AJ did say Winter 2013 when the project got under way, hence everyone referring to the end of this year.

If he meant Jan or Feb, I'm sure he would have said Winter 2014.

#8 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

It would be really funny if the developers got really quiet for a month or two, the board went nuts with angry, disheartening posts, and suddenly the game was released earlier than expected.   

• truckerkills likes this

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

It would be really funny if the developers got really quiet for a month or two, the board went nuts with angry, disheartening posts, and suddenly the game was released earlier than expected.   

You mean like they are now, lol

:D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

That's hardly fair Daz, although I feel your exasperation for things to move at a quicker pace we did release the first playable alpha demo or our environments and physics. I feel that was a pretty big step and we are making further ones behind the scenes too but as always NDA's stop us talking about some things. In order to keep development going we obviously need to create revenue and because of this, things move more slowly on the game side of things than they would if we had a multi million $ publisher to fund us.

The downside of having a large publisher involved is that it's most likely you would lose a lot of control over the game and end up with some watered down version of the original concept, so sometimes it pays to be patient in order for us to develop the game that you guys want to play.

• Erik Lugris, Jimbo63, ohblandy and 4 others like this

#11 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

You all must remember that PP are very special and unique in that they are independent, we all must get behind them, stay with them and remain patient otherwise you're getting Tiger Woods again aren't you!!

We don't want that do we.

No.

It is amiable that they are sticking to their guns, let's all hope that they never sell out no matter how long it takes, people have already put money down so I am sure they are itching to get something released asap.

It's easy to take things for granted in these times of lavish choice at your mouseclick, it's all too easy isn't it and it's one of the big reasons that 'the youth of today' (omg I am old at last, lolos!!) lacks any real substance whatsoever, this situation requires good old fashioned waiting - get used to it  :P

Oh yes, regards the lack of progress reports - you're not their line manager, they're not obliged to spend every Friday afternoon conjuring up a table of activirty to justify their salary (like all of us have done at some point in our lives - you know half those things on the roster were just bull.s. anyway - what a waste of time). Stop chasing them and stop tasking them so much because you really have no right to do so - the casual well thought out  question here and there can reap just as much insight.

• Erik Lugris, Jimbo63, Unique and 2 others like this

#12 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:11 AM

Mike I'm willing to be as patient as possible. I know you guys will deliver
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#13 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:47 AM

at the very least...no brownie points for you Daz. Bravo on stating your opinion.  Mike. Just simple venting from folks.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#14 SouthStPaul

SouthStPaul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSouth Saint Paul, MN USA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

AJ did say Winter 2013 when the project got under way, hence everyone referring to the end of this year.

If he meant Jan or Feb, I'm sure he would have said Winter 2014.

Jeez, lighten up, Francis!  I guess I should have added an lol, :rolleyes:

• Erik Lugris likes this

I think the snow is starting to let up! :lol:

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

I've got no problem with people venting so long as I'm allowed to vent too  :)

• Erik Lugris and ACreter1 like this

#16 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I'll be happy if we get the Physics test alpha build 1.1 :)  Just a couple of small fixes and it should be usable.

• Erik Lugris likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

That's hardly fair Daz, although I feel your exasperation for things to move at a quicker pace we did release the first playable alpha demo or our environments and physics. I feel that was a pretty big step and we are making further ones behind the scenes too but as always NDA's stop us talking about some things. In order to keep development going we obviously need to create revenue and because of this, things move more slowly on the game side of things than they would if we had a multi million $ publisher to fund us.

The downside of having a large publisher involved is that it's most likely you would lose a lot of control over the game and end up with some watered down version of the original concept, so sometimes it pays to be patient in order for us to develop the game that you guys want to play.

Failed humour on my part. It wasn't a vent just a bit of a joke, seeing as updates ate not always as regular as some would like.

I did try to show this with the 'lol' suffix and a handful of smilies, but obviously it failed to register as intended.

Guess ill just give PP a break for a while and come back next month, hopefully to see things have progressed.

By's for now.
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Jeez, lighten up, Francis! I guess I should have added an lol, :rolleyes:

Nah, adding 'lol' to a post don't always work. This I know from personal experience.

;-)
  • Erik Lugris likes this

#19 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

Venting aside, we are all travelling in the same direction.. some simply sit better on the journey and some don't lol.. and being this time of year when we'll all hear "are we there yet..." too often - I guess we should all enjoy the scenery we get to watch on our travels..

I Spy.. with my little eye.. :P

• Erik Lugris and Davefevs like this

#20 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

.... a new video

• Maineah, Carnoustie and IanD like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic