#1 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

I can not believe i denied myself of this great game for so long.  I thought because it didn't have a fully 3D rendering engine like TW 04 that it couldn't compete. Boy....was i WRONG! The suspense you get when you hit a shot wondering if it's the right club or if you're going to stay in the fairway, etc... is just like the real thing.

I played Wagga Wagga C.C. and that may be the best rendition of a golf course in pc gaming history. The blood, sweat and tears that must have went into that course is unbelievable. I really think i could play that course nearly everyday like my real home course and never get tired of it.

I just want to give a special thanks to the LS community who put their heart and souls into creating mods and add-ons. My excitement for PG has gone through the roof knowing what you guys are capable of.

I honestly thought you hardcore links guys were old farts stuck in the past with your 3 click. My apologizes, but you still need to man up and move onto MS or RTS. B)

• Richard, olazaboll, Perculator and 3 others like this

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#2 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

I can not believe i denied myself of this great game for so long.  I thought because it didn't have a fully 3D rendering engine like TW 04 that it couldn't compete. Boy....was i WRONG! The suspense you get when you hit a shot wondering if it's the right club or if you're going to stay in the fairway, etc... is just like the real thing.

I played Wagga Wagga C.C. and that may be the best rendition of a golf course in a pc gaming history. The blood, sweat and tears that must have went into that course is unbelievable. I really think i could play that course nearly everyday like my real home course and never get tired of it.

I just want to give a special thanks to the LS community who put their heart and souls into creating mods and add-ons. My excitement for PG has gone through the roof knowing what you guys are capable of.

I honestly thought you hardcore links guys were old farts stuck in the past with your 3 click. My apologizes, but you still need to man up and move onto MS or RTS. B)

Yes, cause pushing a mouse is so much more like real golf. I even have an R15 mouse.

• NoPutt likes this

#3 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

I wasn't trying to start nothing. Just a friendly jab...people should be able to play however they want.

• Richard and RobV like this

Steam-ahhyeaa

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

AwYea,

I saw the humor, but I enjoy being an old fart!.

Also, you did see there are various swing types to be had in Links, right? It's in the player settings. IIRC, there's even a 1 click method that is great for people with disabilities.

BTW, PP should consider an easy 1 click type setting just for people who have a hard time playing the competitive ways. Remember, we all get old and creaky eventually.

#5 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

Yea, i seen that Mulligan. I'm no young buck myself, 46. It is a good idea to think of everyone who may or may not have disabilities. It's just not about the competition, especially with a golf game. Like the real game, it's about doing something that you can do alone and still have a great time.

Steam-ahhyeaa

#6 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

:) It is a incredible feat to have lasted 12 yrs and I luved it all--elite RTS 10 yrs

• Richard and Charles like this

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#7 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

This game has been a true blessing. Like a lot of people, i have been getting a little impatient with PG and wanting more. Now, i can enjoy LS and patiently await while the Dev's do their magic. I'm literally like a kid in a candy store with all the courses LS has to offer. Plus, i really like the career & season mode and the options you have in setting them up.

• Charles likes this

Steam-ahhyeaa

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

This game has been a true blessing. Like a lot of people, i have been getting a little impatient with PG and wanting more. Now, i can enjoy LS and patiently await while the Dev's do their magic. I'm literally like a kid in a candy store with all the courses LS has to offer. Plus, i really like the career & season mode and the options you have in setting them up.

If you fancy pitting your wits against other Linksters there are still tours out there to play on.
  • Charles likes this

#9 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

If you fancy pitting your wits against other Linksters there are still tours out there to play on.

I'm not ready for that. My putting is atrocious with RTS! I'm getting better though. I'm really looking forward to setting up a career and using the ani's that people have created. I like how you can play in season or career with an AI opponent.

I was wondering? If you're playing a 4 rd tournament does your AI opponent change after the cut and pair you with a guy with a similar score? Also, let's say your leading a tourney going into the final round, do you get to play with the CPU opponent in 2nd place?

Steam-ahhyeaa

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

I'm not ready for that. My putting is atrocious with RTS! I'm getting better though. I'm really looking forward to setting up a career and using the ani's that people have created. I like how you can play in season or career with an AI opponent.

I was wondering? If you're playing a 4 rd tournament does your AI opponent change after the cut and pair you with a guy with a similar score? Also, let's say your leading a tourney going into the final round, do you get to play with the CPU opponent in 2nd place?

Never played the career mode, so unsure on that.

#11 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hehehe.. nice one AwYes! Yip, it's not so strange that linksters abound in the PG world. Ofcourse, with AJ and MJ at the helm, we linksters are in good hands. Ofcourse it's sad that the Links franchise kind of died and this great game was left to it's own, but with a great community it still got a second life. Be shure you play it with the 1.07 mod installed.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#12 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:52 AM

:) It is a incredible feat to have lasted 12 yrs and I luved it all--elite RTS 10 yrs

I still remember it as if it were yesterday F. I bought the game in 2004 and never looked back. The RTS was an amazing step forward. The game has so much depth, so many nice add-ons etc. So many unbelievable great courses. The fact that I still play every week since 04 is for me the proof of a great game. As I also play irl this game came very close to the real stuff. I also play a lot with friends offline through the REC round system with the LTS files, another one of the great options in this magnificent game. If PG wasn't on the horizon I would still be playing Links to my last breath I guess. :D

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#13 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

There sure is! http://www.offlinetour.co.uk/

:P

= Arnold Palmer =

#14 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:51 PM

I played Wagga Wagga C.C. and that may be the best rendition of a golf course in pc gaming history. The blood, sweat and tears that must have went into that course is unbelievable. I really think i could play that course nearly everyday like my real home course and never get tired of it.

And here is your opportunity to see Links 2003 and PG 2015 Shot-for-Shot.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#15 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

Best golf game, period!  

#16 Modman1

Modman1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMeridian, Idaho

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:08 PM

That was an excellent clip and comparison of each game.  I still play Links 2003 religiously and find it as fun and frustrating as ever.  Been playing since World Class Leaderboard and still enjoy it as much as ever.  I have tried PG and will continue trying as things improve but still think Links 2003 is the most realistic.  One thing the clip showed, that does bother me, is with Links, when the ball bounces that's all that bounces with PG the whole screen bounces with the ball. That has bothered me, playing PG, from day one.  Hope they fix that one day.

#17 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:33 AM

The screen moves because of the emergent physics they use on PG - believe it, there is simply NOTHING more realistic than PG, which does actually make my heart sag a little - I do like that look of being in a videogame world as it feels more 'escapish' from the real world and PG is now going so real world in its look that sadly those 'flavors' a game might once have had are being consigned to the history books :(  the other thing I do love about that clip is the still reflective water of links - now that is indeed more realistic than the constantly busy roving waters we see in PG, the water really does need to be worked on in the future, at present it stokes up little imagination being so grey and so unvivid (hey I know there's a word but if I can't remember it then I invent deenaspeak lols), especially unvivid as far as gloss and reflections go - I want clear reflective ponds included among the busier stuff and green and blue paradise waters...

I wonder if anyone can use 'deliberately' video gamey textures to make the game look more gamey - or is the fairway/ green terrain locked in to CF as a preset texture - it's realistic but in an uninteresting kind of way if you ask me and bears ever-smaller resemblance to those early PG screenshots I initially fell in love with  :wacko:

#18 Slattery

Slattery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

Come and join us over at http://www.tigercats-golf.club/

We still play online and chat using ventrilo regularly. Great club and great game!

• RobV likes this

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX2060 6GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)

#19 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

I see no video. But then you probably won't see this post because of blocking me. Says 'this video is unavailable'. So sad!!

Richard

Posted Image

#20 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

Anyone have any experience trying to get Links 2003 to run on Windows 10?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users