• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TobaccoRdMayor

TobaccoRdMayor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Just wanted to say hello, and I can't wait to play. The graphics look great from what I've seen.

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Indeed they do... and good to see a new face. What did you like about the graphics..?

What games are you into.. golfing-wise? Have you tried the alpha-build download here ?

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Can't wait to play, Waldorf? Oh, but you will... Wait, that is, not play. Many moons... many, many, endless moons... you must endure the slow torture.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi there - another new registrant here (but have been lurking for a while....). Thought it better to reply here than start a new post.

I've been playing computer golf since Leaderboard on the Commodore 64 though to TW08 on the PC, so I'll definitely be buying this when it's available - now just have to wait.....

Just downloaded the physics test demo and it's a beauty. This should be something really special.

#5 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:39 AM

Yes, loved the old Leaderboard game... pretty sure if my memory serves me right, it allowed you to play Skins, and enter the values etc. There used to be 3-4 of us playing this every Saturday afternoon, around a friends. If it wasn't the C64, it was certainly the Amiga version later.. I won no end of money during the weeeknds, with a little flutter on football too.. paid for my evenings out when I was in my twenty something years... (not my image below...nabbed elsewhere)

leaderboard.jpg

• Perculator and catflap like this

#6 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Ah that brings back memories!

Leaderboard was the first golf game I played where you had a view from behind the golfer, so I think of it as the ancestor of games like the Tiger Woods series (and presumably PP)  - before that you usuallly got just an overhead shot. I remember playing this one on my mate's ZX81 - must have been in the early eighties:

Golf.screen.gif

It was just called 'Golf'. I remember you just had to put in the power and direction (using numbers on the keyboard 1-9).

Happy days!

#7 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

well I'm ready more than ever now, I officially quit WGT. Come on PP

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

Ah that brings back memories!

Leaderboard was the first golf game I played where you had a view from behind the golfer, so I think of it as the ancestor of games like the Tiger Woods series (and presumably PP)  - before that you usuallly got just an overhead shot. I remember playing this one on my mate's ZX81 - must have been in the early eighties:

Golf.screen.gif

It was just called 'Golf'. I remember you just had to put in the power and direction (using numbers on the keyboard 1-9).

Happy days!

Hm... Not sure about the behind-the-player-view, because I give you: MacGolf, 1983:

[attachment=95:desktop8.gif]

The only instance in computer gaming when Macs were ahead of the pack. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#9 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Yep, looks like it predates Leaderboard by a few years - I was just going by ones I played myself really and I never had a Mac!

I wonder if there were any earlier than MacGolf....

#10 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:31 PM

I as well can't wait.  Hopefully this Fall right?

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Yeah, this Fall, right... sure... 

I don't foresee anything major happening this year. Forestman, I'm afraid you're not out of the woods.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#12 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

just curious , whats it been now 2 years?

#13 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I love Q's like this... ;)

The issue being, your curiousity.. or the statement suggesting 2 years..? If I may split the question into two parts, it may help answer the exact relevance, rather than be too vague in the actual reply ;

1) We'll all become curious at some point in our lives.. some start earlier than others, but eventually we get there. However, the exact moment we become just curious is hard to recall for some. I'd hang onto this moment, it never lasts and you simply fall into the I'm curious category, far too easily. How I'd enjoy going back all those years to that just curious moment, to relive the innocence of it... 

2) 2 years... is it.. or should I say simply, it. I thought it was longer.. not necessarily in length either but it is what it is.. however 2 years..it. Strange how something so small can have an age that reflects the cuteness of the word...it. We don't celebrate things like we used to anymore.. maybe that part of us takes things for granted, and we should return to those times when we enjoyed them for simply being there. Where would we be without it..? Imagine, not having an it.. what sort of society would we be, endeavouring to describe the relevance and necessity of using words that are sooo distinguishable and doing all of that without the word, it. It's hard isn't it..? (*insert Minion laughing*)

I hope this helps answer your question anyway.. I'd be happy to help further..

28websp.jpg

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

Get away! Really? Has it been THAT long?

Shit! I can't believe it. How quickly 2 years pass.

#15 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

What do you mean Daz? I just asked if it's been two years waiting on the game to develop. 

#16 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Relax, Woody! From the context I suspect that Daz was aiming his WTF at IanD, the poster right above him. Bit messy, since he quoted you further above and it does look as if he was talking to you.

But I'm pretty sure that this is all about our good friend Ian, waxing a bit too lyrically about a spoiled society of materialistic fun-seekers hell-bent on instant gratification, incapable of waiting patiently or of achieving inner peace and spiritual balance away from earthly possessions...

• JoeF likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#17 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

You say the sweetest things lol...  although I didn't understand a word :lol:

#18 mbidney

mbidney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

What do you mean Daz? I just asked if it's been two years waiting on the game to develop. 

The racing crowd waited 7 years for iRacing to finally make it's entry into beta.  Boy it was a long wait.  Even with the same group of developers on the project it was widely considered a step back from nr2003.  Even after release it took quite a while for it to become what was considered a step forward with the exception of graphics.  I would suspect that PG will follow a similar progression.  Including the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

#19 PBaldwin

PBaldwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

The racing crowd waited 7 years for iRacing to finally make it's entry into beta.  Boy it was a long wait.  Even with the same group of developers on the project it was widely considered a step back from nr2003.  Even after release it took quite a while for it to become what was considered a step forward with the exception of graphics.  I would suspect that PG will follow a similar progression.  Including the weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Yea no kidding that took some patience, but luckily at that time we had something we really enjoyed so it kept our mind off of it.

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

No, you said...

How the heck do I know what you were referring to? It's been 2 years.......... for what?

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users