#1 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

Just wondering. I remember switching from the Jack Nicklaus6/GBC series to Links-03 way back. JN6 had moving water and a nifty flagstick which happily wobbled in the wind and, depending on it's strenght, could whip about quite actively. In Links, everything was 'dead'. That was a bit of a downer. But now, in PG, we have fantastic water :) and ... a dead stick in the green.. :( Why can't we have a bit of life in the 'ol pole? -_-

16iummr.jpg

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Possibly a 'feature' to be introduced further in EA development? Possibly not.

Maybe the PG flag-sticks are made of sterner stuff than the ones at Pebble Beach in your pic, lol.

#3 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:49 PM

Possibly a 'feature' to be introduced further in EA development? Possibly not.

Maybe the PG flag-sticks are made of sterner stuff than the ones at Pebble Beach in your pic, lol.

Hope so. It looks so unnatural. Especially in PG were everything looks so natural. Can't understand why this was overlooked.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#4 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

Maybe it wasnt overlooked.  maybe as Daz said they used  sterner Metalic non bendy flagsticks.

They look OK to me and dont interfere with the gameplay

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

Hope so. It looks so unnatural. Especially in PG were everything looks so natural. Can't understand why this was overlooked.

Have they said they overlooked it? Also, it only looks un-natural if you are playing in a howling gale. I know the flag sticks at my home course don't bend double when there is a breeze blowing. In fact the stick itself barely moves, just the flag flutters.

The bending flags is one of those bells and whistles features we may or may not see. Heck, the animation is still far from finished, so I wouldn't be fretting too much about flags at this point.

• Richard and IanK like this

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

That thick grass all around the green looks superb the way....    ;)

#7 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:48 AM

Have they said they overlooked it? Also, it only looks un-natural if you are playing in a howling gale. I know the flag sticks at my home course don't bend double when there is a breeze blowing. In fact the stick itself barely moves, just the flag flutters.

The bending flags is one of those bells and whistles features we may or may not see. Heck, the animation is still far from finished, so I wouldn't be fretting too much about flags at this point.

Flagsticks wobble. They're not immovable objects. Ofcourse the pic in this thread is a bit of pun. It just struck me that that little piece of the puzzle wasn't adressed. But, as you say, it could be in the future. It's all in the wind...

= Arnold Palmer =

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users