#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

man i would say you are a very dedicated course creater, and i enjoy both of the courses you have

published to date your textures on both courses are just fanfu*****tastic. what im wondering is how many hours

do you spend from start to finish to build a course? i would also like to hear from some of you other guys who are testing the course creater. i know from my days at playing TW08 that there are a bunch of guys on here who where building top shelf courses for that game,and i just can't wait to see what they can come up with here.

also kind of wondering if there is a time frame on when we will start seeing courses created by some of the other folks here.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

man i would say you are a very dedicated course creater, and i enjoy both of the courses you have published to date your textures on both courses are just fanfu*****tastic.

Thank you very much

what im wondering is how many hours do you spend from start to finish to build a course?

I don't look at the clock. It takes as long as it takes. I feel I shouldn't put a number on the amount of hours everybody is willing to invest in this. Run-of-the-mill generic stuff can be done quite quickly, patrons asking for the "Special Sauce" will have to wait a bit longer. 

Just to be clear about one thing: I do not work night and days on my courses all the time. It's a hobby to which I dedicate around 8 hours a week. I like to have short and intense sessions with a prepared to-do-list for them.

i would also like to hear from some of you other guys who are testing the course creater. i know from my days at playing TW08 that there are a bunch of guys on here who where building top shelf courses for that game,and i just can't wait to see what they can come up with here.

Some of these guys are already on board, others will join. Yes, the future of (amateur) computer golf course design is looking very bright, I would say. I keep hearing from both APCD and TW08 designers that CF is easier and more powerful - but that this in return can be more time-consuming, seeing as there is so much more to do. The production period for an ambitious golf course will remain about the same, I'd say: From 2 to 4 months.

Having finished a couple courses already, I now am able to progress much faster, having learned the ropes.

also kind of wondering if there is a time frame on when we will start seeing courses created by some of the other folks here.

Not too long, I'd say. I know of a handful of projects very near fruition. PP absolutely wants to bring out as many user created courses as possible and will assist every promising project to be finished. Can't put a date on it, though.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users