woods v's speith

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

at the same age - who's better?

whats the difference, strenghts and weaknesses of the 2 at spieths current age....

really enjoying the open - been playing st andrews on WGT all day, love it - WGT is a great 'top-up' when u want a quick change and dont want all that that mouse power swing B.S

check out my maps page - i re-did crystal pines in multi-stitch PG overlay style, it took a week!!! casual week but a week nonetheless - if you want to get them as perfect as that one i just posted - it takes ages, but worth it if u like that kind of thing!!!

another beer - come on speith if u hadn't double bogeyed u would be in the lead now!!!!

#2 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:24 PM

he's got the magic alright - come on speith, get in the playoff and it's yours

damn that double bogey - he'd have had the 3 otherwise

next season deena is taking every sunday off and watching every single PGA final day!!!

#3 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Should be Spieth, it must have been the beer?

:)

#4 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

Should be Spieth, it must have been the beer?

:)

Even 'thai' beer can account for this level of insanity. Anyone know a good, or not so good, lobotomist.

Richard

Posted Image

#5 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

just answer the ducking question.

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

At the age of 21, Spieth, if you are just going on what they have won at this age.

Tiger didn't win 2 majors until after his 23rd birthday.

It will be interesting to see if Spieth can emulate what Tiger did from 2000-2008 (24 > 32 yrs old). From the early 2000's for me, Tiger was 'THE' golfer of his generation. The swing that Butch Harmon modelled for him around 2001 was pure golf-swing nirvana. Tiger also had a short game and putting stroke to die for. He probably putted as well, if not better than Spieth does now.

So, early advantage to Spieth in a head to head comparison.

#7 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:19 PM

⛳️. Imho the biggest diff bet the two is Tenacity and the Competitive state of mind...at all times when on the golf course.

Jordin is just too nice right now, he needs to play every shot like it was the won to win...like Tiger use to do

Jordins caddy is great ........but you put Mickelson caddy ....Bones or Stevie Wiiliams level caddy shit and that kid would be golden.

He was so clutch putting the last two majors it is sad that he missed that putt to go to the playoff

If Jordin can channel all his talent to golf then he may be the one to beat Jacks record but to make that double was unacceptable----would have been to Tiger at 21. Imho Tiger and Jack had the greatest competative asset....the will to win. ⛳️⛳️⛳️

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#8 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:11 AM

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#9 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

Tiger and Jack had the greatest competative asset....the will to win. ⛳️⛳️⛳️

Jordan Spieth has already proven that he has the will to win. If nothing else, the kid's a winner.

What Tiger & Jack were, that Jordan is not... is dominant with the long ball. Tiger & Jack had significant pop in their game, as Rory has. Being able to be the last player to hit into the green, on a regular basis, is a huge strategic advantage in championship golf.

Let's not forget that, from 2000 to 2001, Tiger Woods finished first - in 4 consecutive Major Championships.

Tiger won so often because he obliterated the par 5's. Throughout Tiger's prime, they have basically modified golf courses, almost solely for Tiger-Proofing. Incidentally, as Tiger's career has progressed, other golfers have figured out how to hit the ball long distances as well, with the advent of technological advancements. It has limited Tiger's distance advantage, particularly coupled with his decline.

It has been said that Tiger Woods would have been even better, had he kept up with the times, regarding the best equipment available. Unfortunately, signing a deal with a single manufacturer, limits one's ability to maximize their potential. This may have also limited Rory a bit as well. But, it seems like something that all the Tour players do - with whomever will give them the largest endorsement deal - so, it is what it is.

Nevertheless, Jordan Spieth is stylistically a lot more like Zach Johnson, but a bit longer. They both have a great all-around game.

However, courses like Whistling Straits - are going to be difficult to tame for all but the bombers.

But, as we've seen from time to time... there's always a chance. Just like Zach Johnson, or Mike Weir... winning at Augusta, which is definitely an easier track to tame for the big hitters.

I like Jordan Speith, because you want to pull for a guy that doesn't hit it the furthest... and wins through grinding out pars.

That said, Speith isn't as fun to watch as Rory Mcilroy... because Rory has that Tiger-Like pop in his swing.

Watching Spieth hit the ball is like watching a metronome... just steady, but not particularly visually appealing. Conversely, Ernie Els also has a steady swing... but it's a beautiful thing.

The one thing that Jordan does beautifully, is putt. Man, can he really roll is rock, or what?

In the end, Jordan Speith has already grown on me... and, unless he or Rory, or Tiger is in the mix... I can live without the rest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users