#1 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

Any ideas on the brands of clubs you might offer? How much will they cost?

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Club brands have not been discussed yet. PerfectGolf might include IRL brands, I suppose, provided the licensing can be arranged. Personally, I do not need established brands or AI real life golfers to enjoy my computer golf.

In a thread about club distances, the Devs told us that clubshafts, grips, clubhead shape etc would be customizable (trade-offs between long distance or better accuracy) and that different balls would come with different attributes as well. This yet to be revealed system of tuning your clubs and swing will probably act as a substitute for the diversity of different club brands.

And these clubs should cost nothing. The disgraceful precedent set by WGT notwithstanding, I expect a golf game to come with a set of competitive equipment included from the start. The Devs have already stated that pay-to-win will not apply to this project. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Not sure these clubs will cost nothing, or even should...

Although I'll obviously take anything that comes my way, but I don't understand what it is PP are setting to achieve out yet.. none of us really do. If everything in the game is free, great, but we're seeing signs and comments they will not be.

Playing your own style and swing, with varying clubs/shafts,grips etc may not simply become the way you personalize your golfer. It can be setup in a way to ensure you aim to play a certain way regarding the course style. In this way, when setting up several styles of golfer for varying levels or styles of play, costs are likely to be involved.

I'm not suggesting the guys here at PP do this... nor do I know if they will. I'm just not sure when you stated they shouldn't cost, that you'll be correct. In my own personal way, I'm accepting there will be costs involved in this game, and would rather see them in ways of having time saving options, than buying extras. It maybe that it could cost me nothing, to return the clubs my golfer is using and re-select a new set with varying club/shafts/grips. However, for a small cost, I could purchase a spare slot and keep a preset of the club/shafts/grips in that slot for use whenever I need to use them.

#4 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Not sure these clubs will cost nothing, or even should...

... I'm just not sure when you stated they shouldn't cost, that you'll be correct. In my own personal way, I'm accepting there will be costs involved in this game, and would rather see them in ways of having time saving options, than buying extras. It maybe that it could cost me nothing, to return the clubs my golfer is using and re-select a new set with varying club/shafts/grips. However, for a small cost, I could purchase a spare slot and keep a preset of the club/shafts/grips in that slot for use whenever I need to use them.

Buying extra preset slots... hm, that example sounds a bit too cute for me, IanD. Let me clarify about my "clubs shouldn't cost" statement. They shouldn't cost money. Of course, acquiring them might necessitate some form of in-game currency or reaching certain experience tresholds, meaning that a player would have to work a little for all the good stuff he gets. That's fine, I suppose, and even though I loathe RPG-style carreer modes in my golf games (and they keep pestering me with them), I would still consent to jump through these hoops.

What I will never consent to is to buy an extra-powerful golf club with extra money. Or a new sleave of extra distance golf balls. I would feel much more comfortable with what the singlemost best golf game ever did: Links shipped with non-brand sticks but a lot of swing customization options, including presets - at no extra cost.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#5 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Totally with you... I think we both see eye to eye in agreement on what we'd like not to see...

Like you.. I don't wish the fancy element of +5 distance balls. Do you recall an old game called Links Extreme ? I still have it in an old box somewhere, but that strikes me as something to avoid when recalling Links. There were elements within that game that allowed you to have "special" balls lol. Let's both agree to avoid that scenario.

However, we've both heard Mike Jones discuss elements of ball variations available. If I find his actual comments I'd quote them, but suffice to add, they were only comments, nothing official or confirmed. And let me make this clear to those reading this without previously reading Mike's comments, he did not advocate a type of RPG element to the balls or clubs. Explore his posts for more details, as this isn't really what this thread is about...

As for more slots, I don't necessarily relate this a RPG format either. I play a football (soccer to the American souls) online game that allows you to save team selections and tactics in extra slots, at a nominal fee. Not to say I can't write them all down and revert to them when playing, but having an online option of saving them on the server may be to someones taste, involving a small fee. I'm sure we can all think upon variations of how that may affect us individually when playing Woodland or Links style courses. If costs are going to happen... which if we're honest, we kind of feel they will be, I'd prefer that option.

But is that deviating from the question... costs vs added items in the game? Can we have one without the other..?

112by47.jpg

#6 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

soccer game, hmmmmm....

is it 'soccermanager' or 'experteleven' by any chance Ian, and if not can you let me know what it is called - I'm in to football manager games.....

#7 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

An old game Deena... still going though :)

ItsAGoal.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users