#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

I've had the game now for a month and played on and off.  I use motion swing and have it set at the highest level of difficulty, off, off, off.

My last score was 103 for 18 holes which is about 18 higher than what I average in real golf.  Ouch!

The putting is really difficult.  Still not sure if full power is 60 feet or 70 feet on a flat green.  The chipping is almost as difficult.  When I play real golf, I chip with either a PW or 9 iron and I pick a spot and try to land it there and then expect some roll.  Very tough to  do that in this game.  Shots out of bunkers more often then not do not get ANY roll.  It seems the majority of bunker shots check up.  Not sure about the physics for  these shots.

I think the game still has a long way to go before it meets my expectations but I'll keep playing .

RTSM - Pro

#2 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

One other comment.  I am getting approach shots that hit the green then suck back close to 40 feet!  The last time it occurred  I used  a 9 iron.  Not sure about the physics here either.

• robbiet71 likes this

RTSM - Pro

#3 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

There are a multitude of assists to help you in the game, if you turn them all off it's going to be tricky! Hope you stick with it and start to learn the things that cause spin or the lack of it in some cases. Tutorials will help in this area and they will be forthcoming soon.

• MetaWhirledPeas likes this

#4 sreddy

sreddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:36 AM

The best thing about PG is that it is difficult as hell. With assist off, that is.

It is so essentiel that it is challenging. A well know rival golf game lost all of my interest as it was way too easy.

I have yet to score below par for 18 holes, but I improve a liittle bit from time to time, and I love it.

It is by far the best golf game since Links2003 and a game I have wantes for many years. I just hope for updates and courses. The best thing is seing a new update :)

This is a real golf simulation. If someone wants a arcade game, there is always tiger woods/EAs games. Those are not for me though, so it has been some terrible golf years since links2k3. Luckily the waiting days are over
  • MimicPS and MetaWhirledPeas like this

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hopefully we can appeal to all kinds of players including those people just wanting a 'walk in the park' so to speak. I see no reason to make the easy levels difficult but you're right, at the hardest levels is should be as close to a simulation game as possible.

Glad you're having fun with it!

• MetaWhirledPeas likes this

#6 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Hopefully we can appeal to all kinds of players including those people just wanting a 'walk in the park' so to speak. I see no reason to make the easy levels difficult but you're right, at the hardest levels is should be as close to a simulation game as possible.

Glad you're having fun with it!

This is probably one of the coolest things about this game to be honest.  The range of difficulty levels is awesome.  I can use full assists on motion swing and shoot 5-6 under and sometimes better on an exceptional round.  Or I can turn all assists off and I struggle to shoot par.

Then you can change tees and playing conditions to add a whole different level of challenge (or lack thereof).

Sometimes I feel like stroking my ego so I'll play with all assists from the member tees and tear it up.  Sometimes I want to really grind through a round and I bump up the stimp meter a little, play from the tips and turn all assists off.  Pretty darn cool

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users