Photo

what have i done wrong here?

Best Answer Kablammo11 , 03 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

It looks like you did not enclose your fairway and bunker with a semi-rough or rough layer. What you see is what you get - what you don't see is what you haven't added. 

Rule Nr. 124b: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS enclose your meshes with a rough or deep rough mesh. Sounds a bit nit-picky, I know, but now you can see why that is.

Looks nice, though. Good job!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

Help!  take a look at this screen and please tell me what i have done or not done, it appears that my bunkers are not snapping to the terrain, in CF it all appears fine, it's only when i build the course then play test it that this rears it's ugly head...i'm at a loss  :(

no%20snap.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hi Dogz - looks like you chose quick sand for the bunker mate, you might need to add some rope around the bunker so we can pull him out, good way to fix up your opponent.

Very clever and sneaky of you to do that -  LOL

Wish i could help but my problems are bigger than yours with C/F- High elevations are causing me problems with the mesh, 

Good luck mate

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:02 AM   Best Answer

It looks like you did not enclose your fairway and bunker with a semi-rough or rough layer. What you see is what you get - what you don't see is what you haven't added. 

Rule Nr. 124b: ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS enclose your meshes with a rough or deep rough mesh. Sounds a bit nit-picky, I know, but now you can see why that is.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

It also looks like you clicked the bunker preview button and then had your course build.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

Don't think so, Adriaan. Leaving the preview on or off should in no way influence the build of the course. This lowering of the terrain underneath the bunkers is always done automatically when building a course. The preview button in CF is showing you in advance what the build will do to the terrain. And here, it was lowered below the bunkers to avoid the base terrain sticking out. Of course you can't see this in most builds, because this part is supposed to be covered by rough.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#6 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

I think you may be right about the enclosing...going in to test now!  :)  ty

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#7 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

yes! forgot to enclose, thanks kablamo  :)  i can finally move on to the next hole....love this designer, have enjoyed the golf club's creator but this is amazing....so much fun!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:11 AM

Where's that BEST ANSWER button coming from? Never seen that before.

Your enjoyment is plainly visible in your image, DoGgz... Keep having fun - and we all will.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#9 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Don't think so, Adriaan. Leaving the preview on or off should in no way influence the build of the course. This lowering of the terrain underneath the bunkers is always done automatically when building a course. The preview button in CF is showing you in advance what the build will do to the terrain. And here, it was lowered below the bunkers to avoid the base terrain sticking out. Of course you can't see this in most builds, because this part is supposed to be covered by rough.

My bad,  looks like I'm still a bit rusted.

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#10 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Yeah I'm thinking of removing the preview mesh icon as basically it can cause issues. It really doesn't serve too much of a purpose now you can just load up the course in game and play it.

• highfade likes this

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

I don't know, I like to use it for reassurance when certain deep bunkers show portions of the base terrain. If you excavate them deep enough, the terrain will always protrude and I still need to see the finished bunker to assess its viability. Also, the mesh preview is always helpful for making screen shots to show to the general public, as it makes sure of clean bunkers instead of showing, well, ungodly visual messes.

No idea if this might also come in handy on that fine day when we get POT BUNKERS!

Seems also a bit facile to get rid of something just because it's partially defective, rather than to try and make it work. Making a build and loading up the game to go check on bunkers? Surely there ought to be a less complicated way!

So I would recommend leaving it in. To avoid certain nasty side-effects, how about programming it in a way that the moment another icon is being activated (or CF is switching to the Unity terrain engine) it automatically toggles off?

• RobC likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users