WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Howdy all.

For those who dont know, I race online with iRacing, www.iracing.com . I race the Aussie V8 supercar in the official online series. You can see the car and the livery that I run in the screenshot below. If you look closely you will notice something familiar on the car in a couple of places  :)  Tonight we raced at Laguna Seca in the USA. This was taken at the Corkscrew.

If anyone is interested, I can post up a video of some racing action. Also, if anyone is an auto racing nut and cant get enough of it, the races are broadcast live every Monday night (Aussie time) so even if you dont have the sim, you can still watch.

NVRHewi1_zps3ceb987c.jpg

• Erik Lugris likes this

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

#2 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

looks amazing, i take it this is on PC? I have a ps3 so I'm waiting for Grid 2 but I will check out the races if I get a chance def

#3 WayneH

WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

GDay Mav, yeah mate its only on PC.

The broadcasts are done from the v8sonline website at www.v8sonline.com.au or at their Twitch page http://www.twitch.tv/v8sonline

You can view replays of all the races there as well.

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

#4 Mav78

Mav78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNewport, Wales

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

I'll be checking that out for def mate. I am only on a laptop atm hoping to get a decent PC towards the end of the year so will have to stick to console for a bit. racing games are one of my favourite genres

#5 Erik Lugris

Erik Lugris

Founder, CEO

• Administrators
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Howdy all.

For those who dont know, I race online with iRacing, www.iracing.com . I race the Aussie V8 supercar in the official online series. You can see the car and the livery that I run in the screenshot below. If you look closely you will notice something familiar on the car in a couple of places  :)  Tonight we raced at Laguna Seca in the USA. This was taken at the Corkscrew.

If anyone is interested, I can post up a video of some racing action. Also, if anyone is an auto racing nut and cant get enough of it, the races are broadcast live every Monday night (Aussie time) so even if you dont have the sim, you can still watch.

NVRHewi1_zps3ceb987c.jpg

This is awesome Wayne H!  Looking forward to playing on your courseforge creations.  Thanks again for this post.  

Erik M. Lugris

Founder

Perfect Parallel, Inc.

#6 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Howdy all.

NVRHewi1_zps3ceb987c.jpg

I do a little racing myself. And my son in law was telling me about iracing he races in real life. What is the annual fee for that?

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#7 WayneH

WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

I do a little racing myself. And my son in law was telling me about iracing he races in real life. What is the annual fee for that?

The normal price is $99 per year for access to the sim, then you will need to buy content. Most cars and tracks are $14.95. You will more than likely need to buy a few of each to make it worthwhile. 

The whole thing is run really well and I will be using it for quite some time to come unless something pops up that is better. The current crop of up and comers are not impressing me greatly just yet.

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

#8 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

I have been a member of iRacing since 2009 and have raced a bit but have taken breaks from it as well. I mainly have been in practice sessions but I hope to get back into it with the 2 extra Hanns.G 27's monitors I got this week after they went on sale at newegg.com

I like to race NASCAR and Road but my favorite is the Mustang but the Kia is pretty fun as well.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#9 mack

mack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

The normal price is $99 per year for access to the sim, then you will need to buy content. Most cars and tracks are $14.95. You will more than likely need to buy a few of each to make it worthwhile. 

I have not paid more than $75 a year though as you can generally find times throughout the year where they discount the yearly cost.

BTW nice looking car Wayne.

#10 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

They generally have several deals through the year where you can sub for a period at half price. Often on Black Friday they have a subscription offer.

Also, like Wayne says, cars and tracks (other than those that come with the initial sub) are generally $11.95 - $14.95 each, though if items are bought in bulk, you do get percentage reductions.

A lot of folks from other race game communities criticise iRacing because of the subscription method and the paying for additional content, but you make it as expensive as you want it to be. It's definitely not something to sub to if you are only going to use it once or twice. The 3 months for price of 1 is always a good place to start to give you an idea of whether you're going to like it. The online side of the service is second to none IMO. Always plenty of practice sessions, time trials, qualifying sessions and races to choose from plus plenty of privately hosted sessions to join. Also you can test on your own to your hearts content on any car/track combinations of the content you own.

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if PP followed a similar annual subscription method (for their online play), albeit not quite as expensive.

#11 BionicWolf

BionicWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I finally got the PP logo into Trackmania paint area...I hope I'm attaching this correctly-Attached File  PPtmcar.bmp   249.02KB   20 downloads

#12 WayneH

WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Have gone one step further with promoting now.

All Net Virtue Racing drivers will now be wearing these.  :D

NVRshirts3.jpg

NVRshirts4.jpg

NVRshirts6.jpg

• Davefevs likes this

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

#13 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Wayne, you're completely mad.................... like me!!!  :lol: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#14 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

Have gone one step further with promoting now.

All Net Virtue Racing drivers will now be wearing these.  :D

NVRshirts3.jpg

NVRshirts4.jpg

NVRshirts6.jpg

That's a sick setup man! The helmet is a bit over the top ... LOL. :o

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users