#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

I have never built a course with any program but the one in TGC and my understanding

of doing one was nil i just turned out a few easy courses. how hard is the CF to learn how to use?

im very intrested in doing the CC i belonged to in my youth. Riviera Golf Club in Dublin,Ohio.

http://www.rivieragc.com/Home.aspx

here is a pic of the layout in the northeast corner of this pic you will see a little of another course which is Muirfield Village which i did get to play a few times right after it was built, and i see it is being worked on by bobby root i see this when in the lobby,and to be honest i can't wait for it to be published.

aaa.jpg

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

Dave, here's the deal: If you want this to happen badly enough, it most certainly will. 

But do you? CF is not that hard at all, and just recently got easier, but you need to bring some stuff of your own into this project: Patience, enthusiasm, stamina, resolve, desire, and a bit of free time. If you have these, CF will please you, as will the end result. But it's not the kind of stuff where you sit down and get cracking right away. It is, however, the kind of thing that should be well within your - and everybody's - reach, IF you're willing to commit. 

• ✠ davef ✠ and aftrshok99 like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

Dave,
I'm very new to this type of program and although it does require patience and some help from the guys on this forum it's well worth the effort and I love it. Have a go, what have you got to loose? Mike's videos are a great help.
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

thanks for the encourgment as i do have just about all K11 spoke on sometimes my patience gets a little thin.

but when it comes to time i have all that in the world as im disabled with major mobility issues so if i don't try and rush myself

patience will work. now i can't wait till full release so i can get started. im sure i will be in here then searching out or asking questions

but im a fast learner and only have to ask things once.

Ian i would also like to thank you for your input.

• IanK likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

Building golf courses in the past was my favorite hobby to do. I never played Links but I designed for PGA2000 and during the TW era and I to can't wait to get my hands on the Course Forge. TW course architect could be a little bumpy at times and get very frustrating but I still loved it. If ever you need more beta testers for CF, please let me know.

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

Mike's videos are a great help.

Ian it would be a great help if you could point me to where Mike's videos are at so i can start learning now.

i cant seem to find them.

TIA

Klipsch Sound System

#7 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

Ian it would be a great help if you could point me to where Mike's videos are at so i can start learning now.
i cant seem to find them.
TIA

Sorry Dave, they are only available to testers at the moment. I hope that anyone will be able to view them soon.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

thanks Ian

Klipsch Sound System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users