#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Whilst it is supported by Unity 3D, it seems it would require a Nivida graphics card to take best advantage of it.

To deliver a good experience for users, NVIDIA PhysX technology has been fully verified and enabled using only NVIDIA GPU's for graphics.

#3 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I was asking Staff for this answer. :rolleyes: As for anyone clicking the link I included in my original post they can read about PhysX, something I am very knowledgeable about and don't need to read excerpts from a page on the nVidia site to be enlightened. The link is there for everyone else's edification.

:P :lol: :D

#4 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

I really doubt it

#5 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

I can confidently say no, you do not.

#6 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

@vfe

Thank you for your answer and whoever you were before you became Admin, welcome.

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

With a forum status of 'Mac Overlord' and that he only joined the forums in August, he's probably one of the team working on getting the software and additional tools like Course Forge, Terrain Importer, Physics Test etc. coded for the Mac.

Kablammo11 will be pleased, lol.

;)

#8 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Not yet, Daz. Prospects are less bleak, granted, yet absent any real, hard, undeniable facts, there is no cause to rejoice. Yet.

Wonder if Mac Overlord is also referred to as "The Volker", though. His handle can't be his real name, btw, and until now all other Admins have signed on using theirs. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#9 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Dazmaniac, your name is so damn appropriate. It's back to hiding your posts. You're messing up my Topics again.  You did so well for so long why you had to start again is anyone's guess.  How sad...

#10 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Hardly

#11 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Not yet, Daz. Prospects are less bleak, granted, yet absent any real, hard, undeniable facts, there is no cause to rejoice. Yet.

Wonder if Mac Overlord is also referred to as "The Volker", though. His handle can't be his real name, btw, and until now all other Admins have signed on using theirs. 

It's just my initials. But yes, (one) of my responsabilities is OSX and Linux development.

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

Dazmaniac, your name is so damn appropriate. It's back to hiding your posts. You're messing up my Topics again.  You did so well for so long why you had to start again is anyone's guess.  How sad...

Please, please, please tell me how my earlier post messed up your topic?

#13 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

I was wondering as well  :huh:

Posted Image

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Oh vfe, mighty Overlord of the Macs, I did mistake your Status for your handle. Also, V could stand for Volker. If not, don't bother: I'm still struggling with a cryptic remark made my Mike Jones in another thread. No need to specify.

Anyway, since you must know the answer to this, I'm currently running my Mac on OSX 10.7 (Yes, I am a very late adopter of all things IT and proud of it, too) and my question, with Mavericks out by now, is: Should I upgrade my OS for PerfectGolf? To what?

About hijacking or messing up this thread, well.. it was pretty much settled once the OP's initial question was answered by vfe's first post. Everything that came after that deserves to be granted a bit of leeway. Daz's observation, based on a post inside this thread, that a Mac Overlord was now walking among us - and what this might mean - was a perfectly legitimate comment. And him having spelled out my handle (cumbersomely, K11 would be nicer), gave me the license to post an answer. Debating threadiquette is not really necessary.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#15 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah I'm Volker, not meaning to be cryptic about it, hah.

I'm using Mavericks myself, but as far as whether you should upgrade for PG, I can't say with any certainty. I haven't done any extensive testing against different versions(yet).

#16 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Okay... Thanks, V.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#17 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

aah Mac Friends..   :D ;)

#18 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Answer has been provided by Staff.  This topic can be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users