4 replies to this topic

#1 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

When I load up my flight simulator (FSX) there is an option to DL the real world weather data and use it for the locations you are flying through. The real data automatically checks the server every 15 minutes and uses that data in the sim accordingly. Can this system somehow be used in PG?

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#2 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

We're already planning on that as a feature.

• Perculator likes this

#3 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

I seem to remember this feature on a Tiger Woods game I have. Might be on the Wii, though my memory is far from perfect these days!  :blink:

Would this just be for official courses? Otherwise, designers are going to have to be able to tag their courses with location data somehow.  

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:24 PM

What about a game 1st? ;)

• Kablammo11, Tigers Agent and karma4u like this

Who cares...

#5 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

I seem to remember this feature on a Tiger Woods game I have. Might be on the Wii, though my memory is far from perfect these days!  :blink:

Would this just be for official courses? Otherwise, designers are going to have to be able to tag their courses with location data somehow.  

Official courses only, and probably not at release either-way. I'm not really involved in the course-forge side of things, so I can't speak for what they want to implement on the course creation side.

Though from a developer standpoint, this feature is rather trivial these days(there's lots of easy to use weather data APIs publically available).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users