#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Not to mention, one shot has an awesome looking Panorama! Liberty National that is..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#4 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the new screen shots. Things seem to be starting to take shape.  Thanks for the effort you guys are putting in to a game we are really looking forward to.

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#5 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

They do look very good but again each, and every designer uses the same exact Mike Jones links texture sets. Can we see something that is not a links texture set? Can we see something that is taken from a player perspective. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

They do look very good but again each, and every designer uses the same exact Mike Jones links texture sets. Can we see something that is not a links texture set? Can we see something that is taken from a player perspective. 

I'm sure when the CF is made available, certain designers will use 'home made' textures (like many have done with Links in the APCD). Seeing as Brian is working alongside MJ in putting the courses together I guess they are using the same library of textures that MJ has put together for now. Who knows, these just might be v0.1 texture sets and as the game nears a full release, there may be a catalogue of customer created texture sets available for designers to pick from.

I'm sure like in the APCD, as new texture sets become available, the can be applied to older courses to replace the original texture (this would probably mean redownloading courses, but that's a small inconvenience IMO).

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Hm… new images every umpteen weeks followed by a hearty "Atta Boy!" from the community.

Sorry, I care less and less about these things. To me, they are an expression of procrastination and/or pixie dust, as in: "Oh well, we haven't anything really new, so let's toss them a few pix instead." I'm not here to stare at still images of virutal golf courses.

• Richard, ✠ davef ✠ and Bahama Neal like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Will there be any courses left for us to design by the time Course Forge is released?  :unsure:

• Kablammo11 likes this

#9 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

We will just have to use our imaginations and create our own courses!! 😜

#10 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Not really mj. There are 1000s of Real courses that can be built.. Every town, city, etc. in every state has public and private golf courses and they can all be remade into the game.. At least that's what we've been doing over at CS for years and years...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#11 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

I was being sarcastic sorry

#12 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Oh, lol.. No worries :)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#13 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

You know what they say about making assumptions..

As the textures used in courseForge courses are made up of multiple textures, what you state above would actually be impossible.

The Perfect Parallel content team are putting together a great looking set of courses but remember this is only the beginning. We're actually using the tools we created to produce 'rapid development' courses which look great and are quick to produce. Once the community gets their hands on CourseForge I will be around to help with tutorials and live video link sessions to show people how to get the best out of it.

Of course there's not much point designing courses if there's nothing to play them on so we're working hard on that too. Once upon a time I used to sleep  :lol:

• Unique, Mick-S, Mav78 and 1 other like this

#14 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Any default texture is an open invitation to a customized texture! At this point I might set out on a lengthy rant about this world and the people in it who are too fudging lazy to venture beyond the default settings of their own existence (oo, deep, deep sentiment, think about it a bit) and who demand that everything they might ever want and more should be made ready for them by others (instead of getting up from their fat keisters themselves). But I won't. I will gladly use CF textures in my course designs - and then go and make them better if I deem it necessary. From what I've seen in the gallery, I might deem suchly quite often.

All I need for that is the predefined slot of the default texture in the Unity universe, so that I can replace it, or go with it, later. A set of color and saturation sliders to implement a different color-scheme would go a long way towards making this easier. I'm not so much into blueish-lush-green hues, more a straw-dry-yellow-reddish kind of guy.

And no sleep for you until I get my stuff, Mike!  ;) 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

You know what they say about making assumptions..

As the textures used in courseForge courses are made up of multiple textures, what you state above would actually be impossible.

The Perfect Parallel content team are putting together a great looking set of courses but remember this is only the beginning. We're actually using the tools we created to produce 'rapid development' courses which look great and are quick to produce. Once the community gets their hands on CourseForge I will be around to help with tutorials and live video link sessions to show people how to get the best out of it.

Of course there's not much point designing courses if there's nothing to play them on so we're working hard on that too. Once upon a time I used to sleep  :lol:

Any ETA on when this might be?

;)

#16 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

don`t really understand why CF can`t be released, I know we have nothing to play a course on, but would give us sometime to get used to the workings so to speak.

#17 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

don`t really understand why CF can`t be released, I know we have nothing to play a course on, but would give us sometime to get used to the workings so to speak.

Because CF is constantly evolving as well. There hasn't been what you'd consider a "Stable" version yet. It'd be rude of us to release CF knowing that courses people make may not necessarily be compatible with the end-product. A lot of our internal courses have needed to be tweaked as it evolved.

Granted, we're much closer to that stable point right now. But ultimately we're not looking to waste anyones time.

#18 John Griffin

John Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Because CF is constantly evolving as well. There hasn't been what you'd consider a "Stable" version yet. It'd be rude of us to release CF knowing that courses people make may not necessarily be compatible with the end-product. A lot of our internal courses have needed to be tweaked as it evolved.

Granted, we're much closer to that stable point right now. But ultimately we're not looking to waste anyones time.

Thanks - I think that's the most reasonable explanation for the CF timetable (what has been perceived by some as delays / postponements, etc) that has been offered to date by the PP team.  You have to start somewhere (in terms of a beta release) but I understand the desire to release a CF product that won't be incompatible with an initial release of the game.  There's been a lot of disappointment in how the CF release has slipped to the right, but I can't imagine how much more frustrated people would be if they spent a lot of time building course(s) only to find out they weren't playable in an eventual release of the game!

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Hurrah. This is all we needed to know.

So much easier to read updates like this than have weeks of silence and all the community guessing what is going on.

;)

#20 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hi folks, there are many courses in real and if the developers can do a great job in here, well, this game will be really the best;

"the Cherry" we have to understand how the swing will work for us - players!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users