48 replies to this topic

#1 CSR

CSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I am literally foaming at the mouth with anticipation to play Perfect Golf. 

acb.jpg

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Keep foaming, lol.

:D

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Computer golf rabies? The best kind of rabies! The cure for that, alas, is still quite far away...

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I have written a letter to Santa, so I am quite confident that something will happen before Christmas
  • CSR likes this

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

All I can say is we are finally playing here, I actually made my first birdie the other day, up until that point it was just too hard....Still more refinements to putting to be made and a long bug list but at least we are getting closer towards that point where we have a list....

• Jimbo63, axe360, Unique and 13 others like this

#6 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the update Andrew. Nice birdie! 

When you say too hard, is it the gameplay/swing mechanics in general or specifically putting?  Just curious...

Any word on things like player models/animations, sounds, career/playing modes etc... or is that too far off?  Wasn't sure if you have different teams working on different parts of the game at the same time. 

Keep up the good work!

• CSR likes this

#7 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

Andrew I'll play you right now. $50 skins. Let's go

#8 Hammerfest

Hammerfest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:17 AM

best pleasure you can have is the pleasant anticipation. Same Thing with Santa ...... :)

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

You had hinted a while back at a Hi-Res video clip of East Lake being played on the simulator but so far it hasn't been forthcoming. We just have the one done on the phone.

I think it was also hinted we would see a gameplay clip at some point. Any chance of this, seeing as you have confirmed you are actually playing something.

I'm sure things like this would be appreciated by the community, especially as updates via the forum are still very few and far between.

;)

#10 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the update Andrew. Nice birdie! 

When you say too hard, is it the gameplay/swing mechanics in general or specifically putting?  Just curious...

Any word on things like player models/animations, sounds, career/playing modes etc... or is that too far off?  Wasn't sure if you have different teams working on different parts of the game at the same time. 

Keep up the good work!

Its all the little things that add up...  Getting the ball to drop in the cup getting a swingmeter calibrated properly, getting static and roll friction right and so on and so on.  

As to player models and animations those are down the road.  We have always said that our desire is to get a game out with minimal bells and whistles and continue to develop and add game play elements and features over time with continuous updates once we get V1.0 out (probably in beta) and let the community contribute the the relative importance of items in the development process.

Practice mode is really cool too.    

• ChickenLittle99, CSR and IanD like this

#11 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I completely agree, let's see v1.0 and view it from a perspective off how it will develop over time. There are some things that are just so much more important than others.....at this stage.

#12 woodworkery

woodworkery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Andrew , anyway you can share a replay ?

#13 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yeah I would be totally satisfied with a single stock player model to start with as long as the physics are spot on.  If you guys can get Links 2003 MOD physics/ball flight quality this is gonna be the best game ever.  

#14 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:40 AM

Surely we are in a position to go to BETA testing then ?

#15 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Surely we are in a position to go to BETA testing then ?

It is pointless going to beta if they already have a long list of bugs to deal with.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#16 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lez is right.

I guess what PP need to decide is when to stop adding things to the current build and just working on fixing existing bugs. Then at that point they could release a BETA. Then any further build updates would then be 'BETA tested' by PP and the community, with the relevant feedback to PP to report new bug issues.

I appreciate folks are itching to get swinging (me included) but if we have to wait, we wait.

Whilst we are not seeing much in the way of progress reports or video, the odd posts we get seem to indicate strides are being made with development, as when I posted a clip of Andrew 'playing' a hole at Congressional with very basic controls, VFE (Brian from the Dev Team) then commented in a reply that in the 2 weeks since the clip many improvements had been made. 

To some, even this isn't good enough, but for me I have other things to take up my time while I continue to wait.

;)

#17 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

I agree with Acrilix - too soon for a proper beta. What they currently do have lined up, pieced together from various posts (see this thread for more) and mixed with my own personal conjecture, is this:

- A more or less operational CourseForge (but not a finished game to test and play designs with)

- A terrain importer tool (Windows only), possibly in need of more adjustments or updates.

- A basic game consisting of CourseForge courses and the physics engine brought together, controlled by a swing meter, but still without characters and their animations or any additional features. Shots probably are still being executed by a symbolic ball launch thingy. 3 basic shot types: Full swing, pitch, putt. Only one confirmed game mode so far: Practice mode.

- Lots and lots of bugs

The plan, as far as I understand, is to debug this rump of a game until it can be published for the community to test it thoroughly and report bugs. Possibly, the CourseForge will be published at the same time.

From there on, all the additional features, models and animations etc, will be developped based on community feedback and continually uploaded to the rump game.

This method makes sense, since the physical interaction between course and ball are the essential foundation of the game, and presumably the most bug-prone part of it, so that everything else has to remain on the back burner until this is sorted out.

All of the above may be totally wrong or only partially true and I would appreciate - and suggest that it might makes things easier for them - if the Devs could find it in their heart to publish a more accurate update and maybe update their update regularly so that we could have some, dare I say it, regular status reports to help us imagine what's going on. 

Anway: Do not expect a finished, glossy, polished game to appear anytime soon. It'll come with warts and wrinkles and kinks aplenty, more of a vision of a potential game than an actual, playable game. And once somtehing finds its way to our PC's, bear in mind that it will just be a work in progress. So, still a bit of a slog ahead. Criminy, they're not a big, cool studio with legions of code minions, they basically are just a bunch of guys who dig PC golf!

Let me add at this point that I salute the (too) few heroes undertaking this truly gargantuan labor on our behalf and that I thank them for their dedication and commitment to this cause, which is so dear to all of us. Looking forward to express my heartfelt gratitude through a cash purchase asap.

• Mike Jones, Dazmaniac, Davefevs and 4 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#18 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Criminy, they're not a big, cool studio with legions of code minions, they basically are just a bunch of guys who dig PC golf!

Indeed.

For me, Perfect Parallel are the equivalent of Kunos Simulizione (who are working on the driving sim Assetto Corsa).

Neither of them have any big studio backing them and both are working with a small team of developers/artists who all 'dig' the genre they are working in.

PP = Golf

KS = Motor Racing

Assetto Corsa build 0.2 has just arrived (almost a year later than was initially touted) but my god, what they have put out at this early stage is might fine (with still much more content to come).

I'm hoping for something along the same lines with Perfect Golf. Now almost a year since the Kickstarter was started and we all hoped that sometime during 2013 we would be playing on an early build of the game, but it wasn't to be. Like K11, I salute the PP Team and all they have taken on. If they can achieve a similar level of quality as to what KS have done with their early builds of AC, I'll be more than happy.

;)

• Mike Jones and Davefevs like this

#19 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have now decided that the real Santa may not be able to deliver my present on time this year, so I am asking the PP Santas to help me out

Attached Files

#20 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm playing Abu Dhabi golf club in a few days if the lads need a few photos taking 😉

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users