#1 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:28 AM

Had hazeltine national going but I need to figure out something that is stopping my progress so I figured I'd start another and this might be best since I didn't really want to start on hazeltine only to screw something up and have to start over or from a back up. This way I know a bit more now and this will be the test course to get use to the CF tools which truthfully I didn't know very well. Screwing around is one thing but you really need to learn the tools first and it makes it much easier. Mike has made us (testers) many, many tutorial videos that make things much easier.

I have never played this course IRL (YET) but I would really like to before winter sets in, it's only about an hour from me and I also have access to awesome LiDAR from Minnesota. This course has many mounds between the fairways and plenty of heavy rough / long grass.

Here's a few screen caps, I may things differently than others. I like to draw out my tees, greens and bunkers first and then go to the fairways, light rough and heavy rough because they are longer and usually take a bit more time to do. I am slow as well and only can put in a couple hours a night but I got this done so far within a few days. I didn't want to drop down any mesh till I finished with all 18 holes but I wanted to take a few screens..lol - Had to work a 12 hour shift tonight and came home and had a few shots of whiskey so obviously I didn't get much done tonight..lol

FZ7IQ5.jpg

pbnIOu.jpg

bHxyfd.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#2 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

The Legends is only about 10 miles from my house and has been a well received course since it was built. Hard to believe that an old goat ranch course called Scotsdale originally was on this same property.  Have fun with it Joe.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users