Photo

Will CF designs look and feel very similar?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Coming from a non-designer this may be a naive question, but will the ease and simplicity of CF potentially homogenize the way courses look?  Links had about 10-15 designers I can think of who really had a unique look and feel to their courses, I'm guessing due to techniques they developed themselves.

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

TL;DR: Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Do keep in mind that at the start we all will have a (very) limited choice of available trees, bushes, grasses, rocks, terrain textures, building models etc, so that homogenized looks are almost unavoidable. We will need to slowly "grow" a rather large library of alternative textures, objects and designs - made publicly available to all others - in order to introduce new color schemes, vegetation zones, geographical features.

I expect that with time, once designers will have familiarized themselves with the new tools, many of them will stray further and further off the beaten path and discover new ways to express themselves. But right now we are still at the stage of "small beginnings".

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'm glad you asked this question because as great as the early photos look the courses have similar vegetation, textures, amongst other things. I am not worried because I know the community will help this game grow, but right now it certainly seems like a challenege

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users