#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:26 PM

Wow. Surprised to be reading this on the web.

http://www.dallasnew...elationship.ece

While Feherty ain't everyone's cup of tea, he sure is a character in the world of golf and great to listen to out on the course when the golf is on TV.

#2 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:26 PM

Man, that sucks. Guy was entertaining as hell.

#3 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

With so much wit... It's amazing that he lasted 19 years in such a politically correct environment. lol

That said, I hope he get's back on air during the tournaments. He's always a great listen.

I'd suspect that - after nearly 20 years of great colour commentary - he may have wanted to move up to the Tower next to Jim Nance, instead of being out in the hot sun all the time.

Perhaps, NBC, FOX, or ESPN is offering him a Tower position, and CBS just wouldn't match it.

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Once he figured out when to unleash the humor and when to regulate it, he was terrific. I guess I'm not surprised too much.... CBS seems to have been heading in a more conservative direction on their broadcasts for some time. McCord basically gets muted completely anymore unless it's a "B" event.

CBS has always been the best network for golf as long as I've been watching it, but Feherty was a big part of that. If Ian Baker-Finch were to leave then there won't really be anybody left there that I care about. I don't like Nantz, I think Faldo is odd, McCord's no longer funny and Peter Kostis is just a wet blanket.

Of course, none of it is as bad as Fox. Could be some lean times ahead for the golf broadcasting industry.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users