8 replies to this topic

#1 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Is this something I can watch over in Europe ... What is Twitch.tv ?

is it web based or is an US TV Channel .... if web-based can someone provide  a link ?

#2 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Twitch is an online streaming site that allows you to see another person monitor or tv screen.

Will this be recorded and be able to be seen at a later date for those who cannot view live?

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

And once there, how do we find the PP stream? And how to ask the Q's for you guys to give us A's? Is there a chat function? Will I need to register at yet one more stupid website who thinks they need my email address only to spam it with crap ads later? Will I need a webcam and mike to communicate? (I don't have these) Are we nostalig PC golfers of mostly geriatric age even supposed to read the info twitch.tv and instantly understand what that entails?

You know, call me old-fashioned, but a simple Forum-based Q&A would have sufficed for me. On the off chance somebody reads this, here are the 3 questions I would expect to hear very good answers to.

1. When?

2. Mac? Really-really?

3. How much?

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I looked just now and they have a Browse button at the top that shows all "live" feeds.  I assume the PP will be one of them tomorrow.

I would think you would need a mike.earphones set up but hey may have  a text question option.

I have a throw away email address that I use for places like this. Keeps my two good email addresses clean. If I eventually find I need to get emails from there, I just edit my email setting to one of the good ones.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks, Jerry - ''preciate this. I went there to scout as well and noticed the browse button, too, but wasn't too sure this would be enough to single out the PP thread from the millions of others. 

Since nobody here asked for a Q&A from the Devs, and since it has been announced only 48hrs early, I half expect some kind of official announcement to be bestowed upon us. Ah, the thrill of anticipation...

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#6 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

I don't know how it will work, hopefully volker will pop on here and provide the info for you guys

#7 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Twitch.tv is a streaming provider that allows the live broadcasting of gaming and game related content. 

Registration is not required to watch, but is required to participate in the chat, if you'd like to ask questions questions or chat. Nothing is required to communicate with us other than the chat.

The video will be available on our front-page, or via this link once we're live.

http://www.twitch.tv/celestein

If there's any other questions let me know.

#8 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Oh, and yes it'll be recorded and put on Youtube/Vimeo later.

#9 Unique

Unique

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland, Australia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

That's great because it will be 3am here in Australia and I won't be getting up -_-

Peter :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users