#81 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:26 PM

" Cause (so far) the graphics department, the game modes and the "eye candy"/atmosphere is not up to par with the other games out there. No problem for me, because I'm all about gameplay. But i fear that we, the supporter of the game, see things sometimes a little bit more optimistic as they really are."

I agree with your post with a couple of exceptions.  May I ask what game modes are missing that you are looking for?  There seems to me to be many now to chose from.  As for the atmosphere I think PG has it bang on.  To me atmosphere is feeling like I am on a real course without spectators as surely none would be watching me play.   :)

Most PC Players are offline players - me too. So some sort of career mode where you can play in tornaments (PGA Calendar) would be very appealing. That's the reason NBA 2K or MLB the Show are so succesful. Many gamers like the immersion of playing as or against the stars. That doesn't mean that PG should "buy" real golf stars to be in their game. But to play against them on a virtual leaderboard (as PGA 2000 had it) would be very immersive for me (probably for others too).

• Dewald Nel likes this

#82 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

Man... PC gaming is serious business!

Well simulations are :)  I used to think sims were the most boring of PC games - now I respect those who pay to iRace, those who keep 20 year old flight sims updated, and to a certain degree those who demand perfection in golf game physics...

I agree that whatever point tlvx was trying to make (and I'm not saying it's right or wrong), it's been made.  We know that the guys listen and make changes, and I don't think they'd let a glaringly obvious physics error mar their efforts.

• Golden Bear likes this

#83 willisj318

willisj318

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

Being new to the forums, I think spin overall is OK. There are some quirky spots here and there, but that is a video game, it will never be perfect, but neither is life or real golf. I've read through a lot of these threads and it seems like people are nit picking To me which just means if we are looking at things that close in detail, it must be pretty damn well done up to this point. 

• LeazesNDR likes this

#84 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:42 AM

Lets not turn this into another spin thread please, I think we have debated that to death.

I completely agree. And that was some 70 post ago. How far off-topic does this one have to go for somebody to pull the plug? Asked and answered 10 times over. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#85 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:51 AM

How far off-topic does this one have to go for somebody to pull the plug?

Since it remains redundant and relatively civil, it could go on for as long as they want it to. ;)

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#86 McBogga

McBogga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

I think a key thing here is that the slope that that 8I pitched and bounced in IS quite severe. Played the hole - missed the green to the left and had my chip move a lot and had to aim the return outside the hole. This was at 12 stimp and that pin is though.

In light of this I think the behaviour is fine. Any amount of reverse speed will send the ball significantly back, and once it's over the false front it's not stopping.

#87 Golden Bear

Golden Bear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

Most PC Players are offline players - me too. So some sort of career mode where you can play in tornaments (PGA Calendar) would be very appealing. That's the reason NBA 2K or MLB the Show are so succesful. Many gamers like the immersion of playing as or against the stars. That doesn't mean that PG should "buy" real golf stars to be in their game. But to play against them on a virtual leaderboard (as PGA 2000 had it) would be very immersive for me (probably for others too).

Thank you for your reply.  I have only played games on consoles until my first comp in 2008 and never had an online connection.  That is probably the reason why I only play online now.  I have yet to play a round solo since purchasing this great game on Day 1.  For me, I will never play any career modes but agree it is needed for those who want it.  

#88 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:18 PM

Most PC Players are offline players.

In all sincerety, how would you know that?  If you are basing it on how many people are forum members that would not be the formula.

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#89 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2015 - 05:22 PM

In all sincerety, how would you know that?  If you are basing it on how many people are forum members that would not be the formula.

Operationsports.com had a poll last year. It lasted over a month and the results were, that over 70 % of the people don't play online. I know it isn't representative, but operationsports.com is one if not the biggest website for sportsgaming. So the number has some weight.

Even if it aren't 70 % i think Perfect Parallel would make a mistake if they think that the offline playing experience right now is enough to lure many (offline) customers to buy the game. Playing courses against yourself can only last for so long.

• mebby likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users