• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jedi_mike

jedi_mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

i haven't seen this brought up,but how will the game handle the disconnects that will happen? will u have a option to rejoin? will the game end if a player leaves? t.w.o. was so frustrating when somebody left and everybody else had to restart a game.i dont really like the game myself but  i like the option wgt has on letting you rejoin.i also like golfstar"s way of letting you play on if someone leaves a match play rd.

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Agreed. Very good thread.

That's why the ability to chat privately with those in your 2some, 3some or 4some should be available..I also think there should be a "quit button" and some way of knowing if the person was disconnected thru no fault of their own, (dont know if that's possible) then you could decide whether or not you want to continue or go back and restart the game with that player..,

In TW's PC Series, you never knew if the person got disconnected or just bailed out cause they were losing but since you had private chat with the other players in your game, you all could decide if you wanted to play on or go back into the Game Lobby and get the disconnected player..

TWO had the worst online Lobby I have ever seen, you really almost had to  email someone just to start up a game, no private chat, no game lobby where you could set up a game and allow or disallow someone to join your game, (A MUST).

IMO TW's PC Series had  the Best Game Lobby set up, I have used but could have done some things better.

I never tried LInks, WGT or any other... ;)

Game Lobby.

1. Section to see who is in the Lobby and chat with a single person privately or chat to all.

2. Section to set up your game, with a Join button,  a Cancel button  an Allow button and a Private Game button.  This way you can choose who you want to let in your game or set up a private game..

This is just my preliminary wish list for the GAME LOBBY...

Others can add to this Please..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

IMO, racing/driving games that make use of multiplayer (PC or console) usually get the game lobby aspect off to a tee. Whether they are public lobbies or private lobbies with password access, it all runs really smooth. List of players in the lobby clearly shown, options to text chat or voice chat (either in built in the game or using third party app like Teamspeak) all make the experience hassle free. No reasons why a golf game can't go the same way.

Lobbies also need the option for the 'owner' to ban/kick individuals, especially in public lobbies/games if trouble should ensue or an undesirable enters the fray.

Option to allow transfer of host in lobbies should it be the host that leaves/disconnects, so someone can take over and allow the round to continue without everyone having to bail out back to the lobby to start again.

Finally, allow a resume/rejoin feature, as if someone gets a genuine disconnect, it would be good if given a few minutes the players could all reconnect and resume from where they left off.

Just a few things to mull on, lol.

#4 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Axe, it's a shame you never discovered the Links Community.. they were organised. Granted a few spoilers crop up everywhere, but you eventually knew names and those in your "class". It wasn't a clique but a competitive group.. some very early sites had everything arranged and you found a circle of players that either suited your timezone or your skill level.

Resuming games was down to trust but a general principle applied of either time or agreement. Remember, back then we didn't have the many options of getting online as exist now. Forums were plentiful as they are now, and I don't see there being too much effort in being able to weed out those "not suitable" to play against.

#5 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Except for the total lack of supervision for the punks in the main chat lobby, Gameranger has a decent method for setting up online games. It's pretty easy to filter the idiots so you don't have to see their antics.

GR supports Links 2003, TW08 and I know at least one version of the old Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear series.

Just a tip for those needing an online fix before we get some action here.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users