6 replies to this topic

#1 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:15 PM

Will the animation be stand alone and used as the primary mechanic for the swing, or will the meter still be on the screen/ used?  

Will it be optional to have the meter on or off and only use the animation mechanic/ vice-versa? 

Not sure if any of this has been decided. Just curious because there could be several combinations...

Animation mechanic only/ no meter on screen

Animation on screen moving in sync with meter mechanic

Meter on screen moving in sync with animation mechanic

• Charles likes this

#2 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 03 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

I've been aligning my shots (especially putts) and taking the swing with the avatar hidden.  When i start the swing, the animation reappears.  I guess that will be necessary when the swing is tied to the avatar, but I'm kind of liking it without the avatar being shown - just wish the avatar would stay off at all times in the current build.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

Just a hunch but the meter will have to be there in some occasions. For example if you have the pause swing that the lower end PC uses you can't possibly have the ani tied to the swing as the screen freezes when you swing and so does the ani. I have a high end machine but I use the pause swing as I kind of like the smoothness and probably won't change if given the option. To me tying the swing to the ani is not a big deal and I could care less if it comes or not but now I have given all some food for thought especially if you use the pause swing.

#4 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Off topic but I don't so much care about the linking of the animation to the swing either. I'm mostly just really ready for a decent animation!
  • Greensboronclion likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

Andrew did say that they were hoping to have the PRos (Pause Render on Screen) available but have it so that the animation was not included in the render, thus allowing animation to continue moving, which would allow the 'real time' sync of the animation with the MS.

Not sure exactly the work involved in achieving this or if it will be possible, but they are certainly looking in to it.

#6 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Andrew did say that they were hoping to have the PRos (Pause Render on Screen) available but have it so that the animation was not included in the render, thus allowing animation to continue moving, which would allow the 'real time' sync of the animation with the MS.

Not sure exactly the work involved in achieving this or if it will be possible, but they are certainly looking in to it.

Daz I am no expert but it f they can pull that off that would be a big win. You would have to find a way to separate the ani from the scene and that sounds quite complicated to this untrained in computer physics player. You have to keep the PROS tho as there are to many players that need it to be able to play the game at a good fps.

#7 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

G,

Like you, I'm no expert, but I think the initial idea would be possible by having the animation in a separate layer to that of the main game camera view, so when the render is taken of the course, the animation is effectively sitting a layer above the rendered scene, so continues to go about his business.

This is all well and good when he is stood on flat ground like a teeing area. I would think the issues arise when he is standing on sloped areas as we need the animation to be taking the appropriate stance based on the lie of the land and not like you see in Links where he just sinks in to the terrain and always stands on a level lie.

I'm sure the PP guys will find a way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users