Photo

How do I get to view the course like I am standing on the ground?

Best Answer jdeedler , 12 October 2015 - 09:09 PM

Are you holding down the right mouse button

and then pressing a key? Unity works this way

by default in perspective mode, and there is no asset you should be missing.

You should be able to just hold down the right mouse button and pan with the

pointer in the scene.

I'll try that next time.

Ok that worked thanks for the help!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:21 AM

Basically I have no idea how people are standing on the course in unity.

the normal unity view gives me this...

vndmdw.png

Pressing play gives me this.....cannot move.

2hx4r41.png

I would like to be able to see this way...

WmcxQd9.jpg

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4292-0-08760700-1443733851_thumb.jp
  •  

#2 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:13 AM

Looks like you are in isometric view...not sure how you get out of it off the top of my head because I am at work but a Google search should tell you

#3 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Click  on where it says iso, this will change to perspective.

then use the ASDQWE while holding right mouse button to move.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

You could also insert a first person controller and actually walk around using the keyboard.  

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

What NoPutt just said. Very important to deactivate Iso in the top right gizmo of your screen view.

Click right mouse button +

W: Move forward

A: strafe left

S: Move backward

D: Strafe right

E: Move up

Q: Move Down

Keep those keys pressed and the view change will accelerate a bit.

You may press and hold the shift key while moving to increase the motion speed even more.

Sorry for not understanding your corresponding question over on Show and Tell, jdeedler, but that is was so Unity 101 that I did not imagine this could be a problem. Things ought to get a lot easier once you've got the hang of that.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#6 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

What NoPutt just said. Very important to deactivate Iso in the top right gizmo of your screen view.

Click right mouse button +

W: Move forward

A: strafe left

S: Move backward

D: Strafe right

E: Move up

Q: Move Down

Keep those keys pressed and the view change will accelerate a bit.

You may press and hold the shift key while moving to increase the motion speed even more.

Sorry for not understanding your corresponding question over on Show and Tell, jdeedler, but that is was so Unity 101 that I did not imagine this could be a problem. Things ought to get a lot easier once you've got the hang of that.

Ok I kind of was able to use perspective and zoom in to the ground to see some stuff closer.  Still no controls like you list there I have to use the mouse to pan around and the arrow keys to move n s e w....Maybe I am missing a plug in or asset.....I'll keep messing around with it.

Corsair 750D case / Windows 10 64 bit / Intel i7 4790k w/HT Devil's Canyon  4.0 ghz ( over clock to 4.8 ghz. 4.4 cache )

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Board Z97X / 8 GB HyperX Savage 1866 DDR3 / Asus 460 GTX 1GB  ( 4GB total with 3GB shared )

240 Gig HyperX Savage SSD / 750 watt Antec PSU / 1 TB WD HHD  / Water cooled with Phobya LT 400 kit

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

#7 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:49 PM

pointer in the scene.

• jdeedler likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#8 jdeedler

jdeedler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:09 PM   Best Answer

pointer in the scene.

I'll try that next time.

Ok that worked thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails
  •  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users