#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:54 PM

after playing that other game for a bit and all the crazy crap i used to run across on courses

is that kind of stuff going to be able to go on here. like limo's cars and RVs parked around greens

hell the worst thing i guess i ran across was a dumpster on a green. or will new courses be reviewed before going live.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

I suppose that could be possible if designers are allowed to import their own assets. In terms of reviewing courses, that will have to be community driven as once people get the hang of CF/Unity, courses will be coming out fast and furiously. Maybe not at the rate the other game does, but the whole idea of making course design "easier", you have to sit back and wonder if this is a good or bad thing. I cant imagine attempting to sort through 80,000 courses just to finally play a round. Without a proper review site, then I fear you will have to figure out how to sort through the good, the bad and the ugly.

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

you know they could give the course reviews to the testers maybe have a few small groups

could get a lot of courses looked at also could do it with flyovers.for stuff that should not be there

and play them a few times. what i used to hate about that other site was all the crap you had to sift through

to find a good course, then you get to the 16th hole and find a hole that in no way can even be pared.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

I doubt we will see many non golf related items on the courses.

There is a limit on the poly(triangle) count of a course,(3 million), and

everything adds to this count. 3D Buildings, ball washers, bridges, and 

especially speedtrees can add up quickly. Hopefully this will change

in the future, as I'd love to see things moving such as trains, blimps,

parasailers, etc...It can all be done now, but with all included I don't

think the course would be playable for the masses.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

. Hopefully this will change

in the future, as I'd love to see things moving such as trains, blimps,

parasailers, etc...It can all be done now, but with all included I don't

think the course would be playable for the masses.

now i could enjoy the hell out of the stuff you mentioned, but where they belong

and not laying around the fairways. hell on that other game you can find jets hanging out on the courses,

big ships in little ponds. ship wreacks coming out of sand traps. like i said crazy crap that looks like people are forgetting to do their meds.

Klipsch Sound System

#6 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

I agree with NoPutt, As it is now, just the splines and trees eat up most of the triangle limit. I am running at about Max. without any of the essentials like ball washers, etc. I did  create a few of the buildings that are trademarks to the course, But had to sacrifice a bunch of trees for those. The more you add, the lower the fps will be.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#7 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

Dave, for all you know these 'crazy' courses could be the work of 8 year olds just having fun with a designer for the first time. A few years down the line they could end up as the next generation of top class course designers. People should be free to create whatever they like - they've paid for the opportunity just like everybody else. If it isn't to your tastes then just ignore it, but stifling freedom will just hold back innovation, and creativity. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways through sites like this to find the realistic quality courses, if that's what you desire, but I am very much against censorship, or a few people deciding what's best for the rest or us.

• ed dawson likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

Dave, for all you know these 'crazy' courses could be the work of 8 year olds just having fun with a designer for the first time. A few years down the line they could end up as the next generation of top class course designers. People should be free to create whatever they like - they've paid for the opportunity just like everybody else. If it isn't to your tastes then just ignore it, but stifling freedom will just hold back innovation, and creativity. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways through sites like this to find the realistic quality courses, if that's what you desire, but I am very much against censorship, or a few people deciding what's best for the rest or us.

i kind of agree with ya, maybe a warning or listing that crap in a way people know what to look forward to in there

round.some sort of rating system or something,and you should not have to spend playing time looking at reviews in the forums or being led to another site to have to review them. to know the course you are playing is playable. that is one of the main reasons i have not been there but a couple of hours since this came out . tomuch crap to go through to find new courses to play that make sence.

Klipsch Sound System

#9 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

Dave, I understand your frustration, I just didn't agree with your solution!  :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#10 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:21 PM

Dave, 

I understand your frustration but I do not share in it.  It takes me less than 5 minutes to look at the course release announcement posts in the TGC forums (many have excellent photos included thanks to karma4u  :)  ) to find good playable courses.

I'm sure something similar will be available here upon release of the CF (hopefully soon  ;)).

-MERACE

#11 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:22 PM

I remember one course in Links which a well-endowed guy lurking on the course.  As my grandchildren, at that time, were playing Links with me and I didn't want them to be exposed to this, I removed it from my HD.  If I remember correctly it came up as a course to play in an offline tourney - I opted out that week.

#12 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:51 AM

I don't think you will see too much that isn't relevant to the course at hand...  there will be some buildings and signs and stuff like that. I don't really ever put anything like that in my courses mostly because I felt like I spent some much time getting the course right that I was too exhausted and burned out to worry about those things.

As has been said.... everything adds to the overall triangle count, so it's best not to waste it with extraneous things if we can help it.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users