• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Marketing Guy

Marketing Guy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

well it seems like barely six months ago when we all waited for that fall of 2013 launch date...I can tell you that since they tried the fundraiser and generated all that excitement...they've lost a ton of interest from people who were on the edge of their seat waiting...yeah, yeah...don't wanna rush it....needs to be perfect, etc....I get that....but why announce it so soon then? I come back about every 6 weeks or so now, and it's all the same questions still.....Hoping they do get it up and running soon...seems like no one talks about it over at WGT anymore....and lord knows...we could all use a change of pace from that place...

I thought they had a demo for us? I was searching the links and I couldn't find one anywhere on here.
Hmmm?

#22 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

I thought they had a demo for us? I was searching the links and I couldn't find one anywhere on here.

Try here: 

It's not a playable demo, mind you, just some sort of teasing little thingy.

Gotta hand it to HB and their Golf Club game: They're a lot better at PR than our local guys at PerfectParallel, they hit fast and hard with lots and lots of material, as opposed to the slow trickle over here. Which, in an old-fashioned and quaint way, tinged with a sprinkle of forgiving pity, makes the PP folks appear even more endearing to me.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#23 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

thank you for the video K11.

#24 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

In your guises as Mystery Man and Psst. I Work for EA, I'm sure you would have already known there was no demo. BTW, is it Alec or Alex?

I only ask as you seem to be going by Alex over at The Golf Club.

Surprised you actually came back here after you posted this over at The Golf Club...

Perfect parallel golf has no chance in the world...lets do this

;)

#25 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

In your guises as Mystery Man and Psst. I Work for EA, I'm sure you would have already known there was no demo.

BTW, is it Alec or Alex?

I only ask as you seem to be going by Alex over at The Golf Club.

;)

Hey Daz, no sense overstating the obvious. Everyone knows who this/these individual/individuals is/are. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#26 Marketing Guy

Marketing Guy

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Great info here..game..? Nada
Hmmm?

#27 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:01 AM

I think I forgot how to virtual golf.  Might need to start out on the Amateur courses.

#28 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

i guess that the virtual golf -game- is what you imagine while you play "this" golf game remembering what you would do on the courses in the real golf... LIFE !

#29 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:10 AM

Problem is HB Studios about to launch " The Golf Game " I'm not playing 2 and winning putt is at korean beta 2 stage.

#30 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm waiting for PG. TGC looks very nice, no question, but for me it seems like they go the TWO way: They plan things, but they don't plan them for the beta. At TWO we got an idea what happens when you implement new things to a game, such as new swing options etc. TGC has no drop zones, only Option you get is to reshoot the ball from where you have been. I definatly won't pay again for a 25% ready game.

I sure hope PG will have more things in the released game.

Hope PP Admins will give us an overview soon what will be in the game at startup and what will not :)

• axe360 likes this

Who cares...

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Problem is HB Studios about to launch " The Golf Game " I'm not playing 2 and winning putt is at korean beta 2 stage.

No launch yet. They are still sorting out the invites for a closed BETA.

I just hope PP have got some sort of schedule mapped out (Winter 2013 is slowly passing, lol) otherwise it will be another few months of forum chatter amongst ourselves, as I believe they are off to Augusta again in April, so I guess we won't be seeing much game related output around Masters time.

;)

#32 GolferMike

GolferMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

I don't see this golf sim or game [PP] being out for play for any time soon maybe next year the golf club will long be out first it may take a lot of players waiteing for this one you can't tell me that [PP] does not know when this will be ready after all this time.

#33 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

It's not a playable demo, mind you, just some sort of teasing little thingy.

Thanks for linking that K11; I don't know how I missed that earlier.  It does show the game has some potential foe show!  The environment looks amazingly organic.  After watching the extended Course Forge demo again, I just don't see a limit on what you can do with it!  You probably know that I'm not a 3-click fan, especially where a meter is involved so that put me off a bit.  None the less, I could see myself playing this game with an analog mouse interface, or even a thumbstick controller interface (although I don't think I've ever seen that mentioned in conjunction with Perfect Golf).  I'm also not fond of the follow camera, which is used heavily in the video you linked, but I'm sure we'll see options to that in the final product.

I'm anxious to see the golfer models in play, using all the possible camera angles Perfect Golf will use.  I think that will get my juices flowing for the game again.  I pledged $50 during the Kickstart Drive early last year.  When its goal fell way short of the mark, I think my enthusiasm for Perfect Golf took a nose dive.  I really didn't start paying attention to it again until late December.  I still have some catching up to do.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#34 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

I dislike the follow camera too.....don't mind having a green-cam in a window though.

#35 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

All I can say is PG will certainly not launch until the game is ready.   That my friends gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  I'll wait. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#36 ducati916

ducati916

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArizona/Manchester U.K.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

All I can say is PG will certainly not launch until the game is ready.   That my friends gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.  I'll wait. 

Don't think anyone disagrees with waiting until it's right. But, when they announced an ETA of Winter 2013...and then backed that up with a noticeable lack of information of responses to forum posts...I think they turned a lot of people off. I, for one, would love to stop playing WGT...but, there are few options...and this one does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling until they at least put some posts up to tell us what's going on.

"If I tell you what I'm doing today, will you shut up and get out of my way."---Anthrax--1990

#37 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

I can say that work continues. We released the physics test to the public last year and work has continued in this area and a major update to our ground physics is in the works. 

We've re-designed our GUI and expanding our game and visual options. We have also been building courses for the game using CourseForge and we have a wide selection right now. 

As for an ETA it really depends on many things such as the rate of our software development, funding and what we want to have in the game on release. 

• fungolfer likes this

#38 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:25 AM

funding? I've got a couple of hundred I can send you Mike. ;)

#39 J4FThunder666

J4FThunder666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

thx for this Info ! 

#40 hoosiermizuno

hoosiermizuno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm sure that developers are hard at work trying to get this game to market, but would be helpful and might draw some more interest if last news update on home page was not from July of last year . Even if it's a two paragraph update, would give potential buyers hope that the development hasn't stalled
  • Stephen Sullivan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users