Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Twitter too..

For those who do not frequent FB or T......

B)

• Tigers Agent, Tazz, Keith and 1 other like this

#3 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Looks like a lot of course names have changed

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Looks like a lot of course names have changed

Yeah, they all seem to have gone fictional. Wonder why that is?

:unsure:

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

While we are in the process of discussing licensing we did not want to put up video that implied we had the rights to certain courses that we do not yet have agreements with, so out of respect for licensing we decided to change the name of the courses, so we would not be responsible for using golf course names in an inapproporiate way.

Andrew

• Dazmaniac and Davefevs like this

#6 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

Looking good AJ.

#7 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Looks very nice, only crit really is some of the non functioning trees. As in there stiff as a board, can't have that when finished..lol

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

While we are in the process of discussing licensing we did not want to put up video that implied we had the rights to certain courses that we do not yet have agreements with, so out of respect for licensing we decided to change the name of the courses, so we would not be responsible for using golf course names in an inapproporiate way.

Andrew

well when you gotta eat crow ya got to like it and over the years i have ate quite a bit of it.

with the new vid you guys have made a believer out of me now i am just so excited for the time i will be able to play it.

just a little side note to any i may have offended here with any of my posts. i have often been told i fail to use tactfulness. i come from a different place then 90% of the folks on these golf sites my world is not as nice of place as many on here so real nice is not in my make up.but as im growing older,also growing softer. and i just wanna get along.

peace

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

just something i thought when watching this about the graphics. with the lynx connection here

i did not think the graphics where anything like them, but i have not spent only a few rounds on that game.

thought they would resemble.

now please don't take this wrong anyone i thought they looked a little like TWO

with about 100 x the detail. is this due to the Unity connection?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#10 ArisFuser

ArisFuser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

I really like what I have seen at the video. i have some questions after watching, will we have the option to have different camaras in "drag and drop" windows or every camera will be On or Off? I didn´t see a golfer animation in the latest video, is that as intended or just an omission because of the beta? Thanks guys, good job!

#11 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

Guessed the course names would be down to a licensing situation, looking great though.

#12 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Oh well, since i don't use those those fb & tw, i thank you Daz for sharing the video in here, thanks buddy.

it looks really good and now i'm more excited because it seems just great, am sure you're still working on it to get the best!

cheers

#13 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Looking good!  I like the interface and menus, clean and tidy, looks more simulator than 'game' ;) 

Not a fan of the ball cam but notice there is a dynamic cam option. I'm a bit worried about the visibility of the ball from the tee during flight if you play without a tracer, Links did a great job.

I would like an option for  the screen to be cleared of  any menu tabs etc. during ball flight.

Post shot info is cool

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#14 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Interesting how some like the interface... personally, not me. Too Windows 8 and squares for me..

I think it's likely to change upon Final Version, but in the various beta's it may remain as you see it. I really want to see the Options though regarding Graphics, and what is turned on/off etc... what sort of machines can pull it off...?

#15 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the comments I will try to pick up on a few of them

1) Animations.  Correct for the Sim version we did not need them.  MOCAP and animations are very high on the list

2) Trees.  Well we are actually going through all our tree packs right now checking the shaders, colliders etc so good spot

3) Camera.  Current version has Dynamic cam which is what you saw on the video, Reverse camera, Forward Camera and a landing camera which starts of as a forward camera and then moves after the ball

4) Everything is 3D so it will always look more like TW than Links but goal has been to get some of the photrealism back

5) I did not show it in the video but it is there. The Top Cam just go View Top Cam and it gives you a top view of the hole in a window in the top right

6) UI and Swingmeter  Both are planned to be changed but we wanted a functioning UI that will work well for testing and for Sim 1.0 which needs to be touch screen  

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#16 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Well, I'll take it as it is :D

Looking really nice atm and I'm sure there will be some major changes from alpha/beta to final. So I don't think I will add more questions :)

Only 1 question which I asked in the steve thread: How about gravity? Will CF or PG will have gravity options? I know a course in the mountains will play different than those on the beach. Would make the feel perfect I think :)

Who cares...

#17 mhammer113

mhammer113

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I need to play now

#18 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Looks very nice.  One thing I noticed is that the dynamic cam seemed to bounce when the ball bounced.  This could be hard to watch as opposed to a fixed dynamic cam.  Anyone else notice this?

#19 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

I am excited from what I see in the new video.  PG must be close to beta testing.  Great work to the Staff at PP.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#20 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

well when you gotta eat crow ya got to like it and over the years i have ate quite a bit of it.

with the new vid you guys have made a believer out of me now i am just so excited for the time i will be able to play it.

just a little side note to any i may have offended here with any of my posts. i have often been told i fail to use tactfulness. i come from a different place then 90% of the folks on these golf sites my world is not as nice of place as many on here so real nice is not in my make up.but as im growing older,also growing softer. and i just wanna get along.

peace

You can never offend me Dave.  You shoot from the hip and I like that.  No BS with you.  You just put it out there as you see it.  I may not always agree with you but that is ok.  In the end it is all good.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users