#1 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

I would like to ask straight out, are you considering adding an F and V key for Up and Down?

It sure makes it convenient to be able to go up and down with these 2 key's. I know in the alpha test they weren't there and although you could go up and down it was very cumbersome to do so..

I hope you will at least consider adding this to the game, if possible?

Thanks

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I am trying to understand why you want to be able to go up and down in a golf game unless you are in a flying cart so to speak.  I can tell you that in practice mode you can hit a key to take to to an ovehead of the course and then use the QEAD keys to move around while the camera points down to figure our the next place you want to hit from but basically since we are only planning 3 movements 1) Cart, 2) Walk and 3) FlyBy (auto) and both 1) and 2) require you to be planted on the ground, please let me know what you want to use it for

Many thanks

#3 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

For IN-Game testing, my bad, I should have stated that.

I know when I was testing PP's alpha build, I sure felt like I was trapped, having to smash on the W key and point my mouse to the sky to try and get a better overall perspective of the hole..

It's just another vantage point which to view a single hole or the entire course. Let's you get a better perspective of the hole and it's plantings while in the Game..

More so for testing in game. I agree it isn't needed for playing golf..

So when I see something that was in that game and not in this game, I just ask why not?  I just found it to be a very useful in Course Design, with TW's.. To be able to fly around (in game) and see how my plantings look from overhead, to see how placement of structures etc look has been a very useful tool..

I know it isn't very practical when playing the game, after all, you can't do that IRL.. That I understand.

So I don't see how I could build a course and test the looks of it, without it... Remember, the only game I have ever played is TW's PC and its the only game I have ever designed courses for..

You may have never had that with Links, so I understand your asking me why. I think it is another camera view that could help while designing courses, then going into the game and checking it out...

Thanks for your replies...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#4 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

So I can look at my hole for testing purposes at this height

35broqq.jpg

Or this height

2d1jnua.jpg

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I've never really played Links but I have checked it out and I did not see a Ball cam or Follow cam where you follow the ball thru flight, some may think a ball cam is arcadish but I can't imagine not having that feature.... Let's you see the course as you go...

Note: Never liked only having a "flyby" option. TWO did that and what happens is, you flyby everything and don't get to cruise along at your own speed and check things out...

Apologies for not condensing my replies into one reply..

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#6 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

I don't know if the TW course architect gives you a real time rendering of your design, Axe - from your request I'm inclined to conclude that it does not.

But Unity and the Course Forge give you a free roaming viewer window that lets you go anywhere and look at anything from each angle you want - and what you get to see there is WYSIWYG-identical to what you get in the game. So you will be able to do all your terrain surveys in Unity, at your own leisure and completely free. All the images made of Steve's Course, from different angles and altitude, were made that way.

Apologies if I misunderstood. The image below was made in Unity, I very often switch between blimp view and eye-level (Tara view) to constantly monitor my progress. Not much to look at yet, but this is how I make my QC 

AngelFalls1_zps09227b42.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

I don't know if the TW course architect gives you a real time rendering of your design, Axe - from your request I'm inclined to conclude that it does not.

But Unity and the Course Forge give you a free roaming viewer window that lets you go anywhere and look at anything from each angle you want - and what you get to see there is WYSIWYG-identical to what you get in the game. So you will be able to do all your terrain surveys in Unity, at your own leisure and completely free. All the images made of Steve's Course, from different angles and altitude, were made that way.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

Correct, no real time view..If what we see from Steve's pics are the same thing we will see in the game, then I am blown away and completely understand now... Thanks for clearing it up K11.. You dah man...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#8 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Here is the same hole but only looking thru the camera while in the CA.. Not even close to what it looks like in the game..

2coso7q.jpg

Thanks again K11.. :)

For some reason I was thinking he was getting the pics from the game.. :rolleyes:

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Apologies if I misunderstood. The image below was made in Unity, I very often switch between blimp view and eye-level (Tara view) to constantly monitor my progress. Not much to look at yet, but this is how I make my QC 

AngelFalls1_zps09227b42.jpg

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#10 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hi:

To do a complete test of a game or beta course, the tester must have the ability to look at the design of the course or game from many different angles.

I agree with Axe about the testers having the ability to use the keyboard along with the mouse to move the views in each screen in several different directions in order to obtain a complete picture of how the game is laid out and set up; Or, how a course is laid out.  This is also how the testers are able to find the areas of possible improvement within the game or course.

Without the use of both the keyboard and mouse jointly, I believe that the testers will only be able to test for how the game or course plays.

Thanks for reading my post and make it a super day.

golfcart03

#11 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Thank you Mike. From what I'm hearing, the way you see things in Unity is the way you will see them in the game. Of course who would really know that, since we don't have a playable game yet?

So I guess there will never be a reason to Test your builds, in the Game?  It is a new concept to me and I still haven't wrapped my head around it...

If I can't stand there in the game and say, do some practice putting on a green I just built, how will I know, I haven't made to much of a slope, how will I know the ball will hold on the green in very dry conditions? etc.etc.etc.  I guess we will have to stay tuned...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users