10 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

Looks like there are some really nice courses being created by the community.   Why can't these be released?   This can only help continue to keep the interest for those not interested in creating courses, but just want to play. 

Is there a reason for not being able to release these courses at this point?  

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:46 AM

Probably, because they are not ready....

#3 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:02 PM

Just be willing to wait a little longer. The community members do have courses ready to go in the beta versions and some are still being play tested. Right now you'll have to wait when the Developers want to release the ones that maybe ready to go. Speaking as a course designer myself. Please don't rush them to finish their work. A lot hours goes into working with course forge and their many things the need to be done right or you will get many revisions of the same course after the release of it.

#4 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:18 PM

Personally speaking, the simple reason that my course isn't out yet is that it isn't ready...  I'm currently wrestling with the world of 3d modeling, designing the clubhouse etc.

I (like most designers on here I suspect) want people to play the course, but I'd rather that you got the full effect of a completed design rather than something only 85% finished...

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:34 PM

Plus, we just got a new version of Course Forge and there's an upgrade path that is being worked on.

Believe me, I'm dying waiting for the community to play these courses!
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

Same with me. I have three in progress and they are all in a fairly advanced state from a playability standpoint, but they are lacking those important finishing touches.

Also we are working with a new CF build which has to be kept separate from the old build, including the courses. So mine are on hold for the moment until Mike gives us proper instructions on moving them into the new build, which is also based on a newer version of Unity.

In the meantime I've started a fourth course in the new CF.

Happy to say the new one has better trees :)
  • jt83 likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#7 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Please don't rush them to finish their work. A lot hours goes into working with course forge and their many things the need to be done right or you will get many revisions of the same course after the release of it.

What gives you the impression that I am rushing anyone to finish their work?   It was a simple question to basically get an idea of where everyone is in terms of creating their courses.   Looks like I received reasonable answers from some of the people developing courses and certainly appreciate their efforts.   By no means and I am rushing or demanding anyone to do anything.  

#8 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:12 PM

At the moment the courses are being created with the beta version of CF and the testers are under NDA's which include limitations on what they can release. There are approx 20 courses completed or very near to completion and I'm sure you will be able to play them soon.

There will be more information about how courses will be distributed in the coming weeks along with details of the full release of PG.

• Fairwayman, ed dawson, IanD and 2 others like this

#9 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

At the moment the courses are being created with the beta version of CF and the testers are under NDA's which include limitations on what they can release. There are approx 20 courses completed or very near to completion and I'm sure you will be able to play them soon.

There will be more information about how courses will be distributed in the coming weeks along with details of the full release of PG.

Wow, now that is some really good stuff Mike... thanks! 

#10 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

there ya go mike--now that's news I can hang my hat on and be happy !!!!!!---wooohooo :)

• RobV likes this

#11 rdh

rdh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:41 PM

Can anyone post a screenshot showing the new trees?  I'd love to see those...I thought the previous speedtrees were a real weakness visually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users