#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

and was wondering what others think. we want to be ready when the release comes along.

take a look and let me know what ya think. the background is from the gallery and the upper logo is one of their icons,as i was unable to download the corp logo file.

http://www.guildport...9&TabID=3127190

besides it works as a good shameless plug and maybe some early recruiting.

we now have 19 members left over from TWO playing WGT just chomping at the bit for this.

so right out of the gate we will be starting off good as we get more people we will be doing site tourneys plus adding a My League ladder for friendly competition . we also use Teamspeak anyone is welcome to join if you wanna get in early and meet the folks through teamspeak you are more then welcome. just hit the join now button answer the few questions and answer, ignore the TWO questions and send it to me and you're in.

thanks for any input i may get.

• truckerkills likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:43 AM

Dave,

Happy to help criticise... ;)

If I'm honest, I'm assuming the site is a News site regarding displaying what Tournaments are scheduled for the future. You stated above you will be doing site tourney's... so does this mean you're running the Tournaments that will appear in the schedule?

It's a little confusing as to what the site is about.. the How To Join script, shows clearly what to do, but what is it signing up for..?

Obviously more is displayed once signup / registration occurs..?

Maybe add a little more description regarding what the site is about (perhaps use the TBA pages)..

Also.. change the name... it appears as TW PGA Tour.. remove the PP logo from the top left, it's unsightly in its current form...(advice) never attempt anything graphicwise if it doesn't look right, it has a negative effect. Remove the Information or use it... as I'm not a member it currently displays "There are no info sections to display or you do not have sufficient rights to view them". Makes more sense to put something there for those possible new members.. ie Become a Caddyshack Member for more Information.

Hope that helps a little...

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

@Ian

Caddyshack was the largest, most popular group in TW Online, with some 20K+ members (of whom barely 20 played in the online group tournaments in the last year - many just joined and later moved on without quitting the group). They had their own website, as some other groups did, with news, extra tourneys, matchplay events and internal ladders etc. They did this mainly because TWO groups had no decent on-site tools to interact, except for a very limited chat.

After the end of TWO, the (few) active members of the group migrated mostly to WGT and continued doing their thing over there, and probably would like to migrate again to PerfectGolf once it becomes available. Chances are that 100 years from now, at whatever online golf game will be the most visited, there will be a Caddyshack group as well...

So don't you go and create a group called "Caddyshack" once you can do this here, or Dave and his many biker friends will seek you out and have a very angry word with you...

@Dave

Your site is in violation of my own design principles which postulate that "less is more" - but don't fret, most sites are and yours is not nearly as gaudy and cluttered and disfigured by a weird font as the one of the "Revenge of the Dodo" (@Ian: another TWO group). So that's good! 

It's a bit soon, though, since I fear that many moons will shine over the prairie before PerfectGolf sees the light of day of a public release. Patience, brave warrior.

@TWO Stoners

Of course, the Stoners Club of yore will also be resuscitated once the time comes. And we're going to keep it small and cozy, and remain a close-knit little community of lovable ne'er-do-wells.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

K11.. appreciate the insight...  where did you think I would create a group called Caddyshack, and why do you think we will be able to create groups here..?

Totally lost fella... :unsure:

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

The Devs said so (this last summer or so) We will, further down the road, be able to create what the Devs call "country clubs" - virutal entities for individuals to gather among themselves and do stuff that groups do: Conduct group tourneys, compile group rankings, chatting and socializing, arrange tee-off times for online multiplayer rounds etc. And, best of all, wage fierce GvG's, group-vs-group tournaments, whereby one group (or country club) does battle against one or more others for honor and prestige.

AJ wrote he would get back to us for input about what a country club group should be like once they reach that point. This is a frightfully important part of the whole deal, one that mustn't be underestimated a bit: Giving players the chance to communicate and play each other online! I was a solo golfer most of the time in the past, until I joined TWO and found a good group with good people with whom I had daily exchanges and lots of fun. Country group clubs (or whatever) will play a crucial part in the success of PG.

The future, potential group that will be called "Caddyshack" should be created by Dave, the genuine and original caddyshacker. He basically just called dibs on the name. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#6 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

Aah I see... I thought he was simply asking for what people thought, and as he described.. an early plug. Gotcha now.. I like cryptic, I just didn't put it all together lol..

So, I'll stay well away... I'm not in that crowd, so to speak... I'm more of a Weekend Warrior..

:D

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

It's a little confusing as to what the site is about.. the How To Join script, shows clearly what to do, but what is it signing up for..?

Just tried to provide you with a little context

Aah I see... I thought he was simply asking for what people thought, and as he described.. an early plug. 

Correct, that's all he asked for - the bit about calling dibs was my interpretation. It would be difficult for you to competently critique his site without some basic understanding of the context. Now that you know what it's for, you may - or may not - elaborate a more profound opinion.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

well thanks guys for the start of a things to fix list,and yes Ian you have to be a member to see

the rest of the site forums and such.

the numbers where off a little about TWO but the point was there and i think we seen this in most of the groups there

that did not take the time it took to clean out the non players. i tried at one time to get a handle on it but as any that had a group there knows the time it took to get the deadwood out of the group. was much better spent     playing the game.

but that is the ol days and this is a fresh new start

thanks again

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#9 VIXEN_VIKKI

VIXEN_VIKKI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHertfordshire, UK

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Just to concur with K11's comments, the country club part will be considered a ' vital part of the game ' 

to most online golfers, especially those migrating from TWOl 

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Just to concur with K11's comments, the country club part will be considered a ' vital part of the game ' 

to most online golfers, especially those migrating from TWOl 

yep that is why i am getting ready early we retained around 20 members from the TWO days.

all the core members so we have enough to get started as soon as a game comes live,for the time being most of us are on WGT

but just not as close as when TWO was kicking.

A ladder for friendly competition is a must for groups as it keeps people coming back.

Klipsch Sound System

#11 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Don't give in/up just yet Dave. There isn't anything to go at just yet.. and the uncertainty of what we hope will be included may not allow us the development of groups, in so far as we crave. What you have done is made a few of us aware.. which is a good thing. Once things do begin happening, it's likely the forums here will splutter and splurge into a need for those catering for other avenues.

Thanks for the reply, and if there is anything I can help with now or in the future, drop me a line fella.

#12 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

Same with FIOGA. Forums are still on and we will be part of PG. I think the groups which participate there had mostly fun playing the GvG's even if the scores were unbelievable at times. I hope we can keep this up. So whoever was playing the GvG-League can still use the forums there :)

Who cares...

#13 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

... and slowly, the drums are heard across the valley.... no yell's of FORE ! yet though...

It's good to see that this could and should become an integral part of the PG scenario. I believe this is ultimately what the guys here want too.. good interaction and cross-platform entertainment in the online community.

#14 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

The more I think on how well Groups (or Clubs, or is there a better terminology out there?) can add to the game, the more I'd enjoy the online scenario.

Whilst simply having an online Leaderboard will suffice, competing not only with your nearest rival for placement, but in a group or clubhouse, and having the added pressure of a birdie on the 18th means your Clubhouse stands ahead of your rivals can create a spirited community. We've spoke alot and often regarding the designer and swing meter/additions but in terms of playing the game and developing the online side, there is still a long way to go. I honestly look forward to engaging in some green play..

#15 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

I like statistics in the game and the competition is a great thing while we play with other players from all over the world.

Would be nice to have an history page about our stuff like avg, records, best shots-putts, what else, you can write much more & PP staff will appreciate some good suggestions to improve the PG!

Come on Gents, here we go!!!

#16 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

you got it Ian makes for a lot of fun.

a couple of years back i had words with the owner then of the caddyshack site and i left the group and went into the dirty dozen group on TWO which was mostly people from across the pond and i put us up a ladder and teamspeak and i must say it was a great time. i really like playing and talking with folks from other parts of the world to learn how thing are in their part of the world. well im in the process of tryin to get some of those folks in the shack makes for some good afternoon ladder tourneys i say afternoon but it was their evening hours. it was a great time. im taking over the shack next month and i would love to get this going back on again. if it works i will be adding in afternoon ladder tourneys so everyone will get a chance to play the ladder,us folks in the US do them in our evening hours. at one time we had so much going on that we did ladder tourneys just about everyday.

also will be splitting the site sort of as i plan on having both the TGC and PG going on as i and others i have talked to in the group will be playing both so more then likely as we get built back up i will put in a second ladder for TGC game or PG depending on which comes out first.

The more I think on how well Groups (or Clubs, or is there a better terminology out there?) can add to the game, the more I'd enjoy the online scenario.

• IanD likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#17 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Wasn't a member of Caddyshack although for Americans it was popular.

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Wasn't a member of Caddyshack although for Americans it was popular.

thanks teenz,with this rebuild i have been also trying to recruit folks from other parts of the world,so there will be something going on all the time

due to all the different time zones. at one time during TWO i left the caddyshack and joined the dirty dozen which was mostly folks from england

i put us up a ladder and teamspeak and had a blast playing with those folks and learning what life was like in their part of the world so im trying

to get some of those folks into the group also. during the TWO days the shack was way to picky and a lot of drama went on that kept people away that was when others where running it. now im running it and it is a whole new ball game. our goal is to do nothing more then have a great place for people to come and have fun and relax while playing with you're friends. i will be putting in a couple of ladders once things get kicking for some friendly competition and also have website tourneys going on.

you know girl i was very sad when you left TWO i used to spend hours trying to beat your scores in the tourneys. you play a hell of a game

and gave me something to work towards, i got close a few times but just could not beat your scores.lol after you where gone i used to do the same thing with another member here Vicky Vixen same with her i could get close but never could beat her scores either. i always considered  both of you gals the be some of the best on that game.

you are more then welcome to join us at anytime and bring all your golfing budys with ya.

if you have never played using voice chat i will tell you now it is a whole different game and makes for a fun time with tons of laughs

thanks for the kind words

Klipsch Sound System

#19 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

If I may testify...

Until I joined TWO I have never played an online golf game - there were none for Mac people from 2004 to 2011, the Links experience was lost when Apple dropped Motorola for Intel chips and their OS would not play it anymore. Even TW08 was online only for Windows players only. So until TWO I had never tried to match my skills with unknown, invisible others. That changed overnight and my overall computer golf experience became a lot richer. 

I wasn't that much into online tourneys, not with the TWO specialty of playing through, then NOT submitting if your score could be better, playing again and again - until you had squeezed every last birdie and eagle from your round. For a short period of time I specialized on expert aim no-grid tourneys, shunned by most and easy pickings for me, won these a few days in a row, grew tired of it and stopped the habit.

I'm not interested in ladders either. I do not care to know where in the computer golf universe I stand with respect to everybody else. My only ambition is to play circles around everyone bold enough to match up against me 1 on 1. I can gleefully add that I did just that. Mostly. 

Group tournaments were great fun. Every day, a small clique of very strong players and a larger entourage of second tier players who easily could sneak into the top spot, would square up for epic battles, always in a good spirit and cracking jokes at each others. And GvG's, group battles, were very intense and exciting affairs. 

Both these, to me, most interesting forms of online gaming, required a good group as a base of operations. Nothing big or fancy, not necessarily a group with its own homepage, but rather a comfortable little group with quality members for quality time on the links. May this past return, one future day.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

you know k11 i just don't understand why you keep coming into this thread and talking down

what im trying to build it kind of reminds me of the TWO forums when some of  the other group admins

would whine and moan about our group being at the top of the groups list the whole life of that game.i may just be an ol hippy biker but im not a dumb one

and i can't help you guys are happy playing in small groups to each their own. you know nothing about what we had going on

in our private site which in the TWO hay day  100 plus members in both the website and the ladder.

daily ladder tourneys,sometime 2 a day just to give all a chance to play along with our teams league. our own singles league along with our monthly site tourneys.

now im going to answer this before you ask why was the group not involved in the GvG tourneys.

one simple reason there was always a bunch of drama in the forums over those tourneys so we kept to our own stuff where we did not have so many egotistical people that felt they had to win and would get pissed when they did'nt.

now we can agree to disagree and im going to move on from this

you know i have let a lot go from the TWO days and i see others need to.

please stop trying to rain on my parade and dont let it bother you when we become the largest group here 

it is all about options and we offer a lot.

peace

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users