#1 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:21 AM

Played K11's black swan a few days ago and thought i would create something similar in the links theme over at TGC, lol between CF and GNCD my free time is totally taken up, but with GNCD i can knock something up quick tme so no problem...totally stuck for a name here so i hijacked Kablamo's ;) ....15 holes complete!

The Black Swan @ TGC  :)

bsw16.jpg

bsw15.jpgbsw12.jpgbsw9.jpgbsw8.jpgbsw7.jpgbsw1.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

I have mixed feelings about this. Your course looks too good to be called the "Ugly Duckling", I'm afraid. And it looks and feels too different from the original for me to recognise any kinship between the two.

If imitation indeed is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm duly flattered. I must insist on proper credits, though, both for me and for PG/CF - as long as you want to use that name. And to me there will only ever be ONE Black Swan - and this here is not it.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Well, I think that's cool that you put that kind of work into it Doggz, very nice flattery.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#4 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

Lol Kab, Playing your course kinda gave me the inspiration so be happy with that won't ya, :D   I don't fire up GNCD often these days, it was nice to have a spark for a change, and yes it's nothing like yours apart from coastal,rugged and undulating.

guess i could call it the dark cygnet!  :D

ooo actually there used to be a pub on the south wales coast called " The dirty duck" quite like the sound of that.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

Dirty Duck... nice! I'm glad (and amazed) that I was able to inspire you. It's really only about the naming, nothing else. In this day and age brands are everything and even though I don't like it I have to show some minimal involvement in my own modest IP, even of this the smallest of scales. Your enthusiasm, nevertheless, must be valued higher than any strategic branding considerations of mine, I understand that.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users