34 replies to this topic

#1 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCardiff,Wales,UK

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Come on perfect parallelgive us some hope that your game will be out at least this year!

• Erik Lugris, Harald and karma4u like this

#2 sreeda69

sreeda69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'm tired of WGT. PP has offered hope and change, but so far no golf. Las they said was by Spring of this year. Care to confirm a launch date PP? I for one want very much to be in on the Beta testing.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#3 Gary_A_D

Gary_A_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Me too on being tired and fed up with WGT. We need a fantastic golf game, and soon. Check out EA's forums. There are players just like myself, that wish TWO came back. WGT wouldn't be bad if they had more courses we could play, less cheaters, and a chat column so we could at least feel like we aren't playing by ourselves, which we are, unless you play TBMP rounds. Luckily, WGT has allot of displaced TWO players, so you can still hook up with some of your friends. I also need a game, where I buy a ball, and it's mine forever. At WGT, it costs 250 to 500+ credits to buy a 3 ball sleeve of balls, and hit it in the water, weeds, or out of bounds, and you lose that ball, and the next ball is used. I have lost balls on the same holes, within the same round countless time. If it weren't for the occasional survey that actually allows me to do them, and the stinking video's that you're bombarded with on a constant basis to earn credits, i'd never be able to afford to buy balls. I know PP doesn't have the financial backing that EA had with TWO, but think about it? Thousands will flock to PG as soon as it's released. I'm poor on a limited income, but i'd collect can's to raise the money if need be. I need a stress relief game to play. I lost two close family members, My oldest Sister in July, and my Mother in December. Please oh please, get this new golf game in gear.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#4 hoosiermizuno

hoosiermizuno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

no doubt we're all anxiously waiting a release, and perfect doesn't want to rush a game that isn't 'perfect'.

they already gave a winter estimate for release and everyone is complaining about missed deadline. i hardly think they want to give any more deadlines or timeframes that could possibly be missed and really get people upset.

the issue for me, i'd run out and buy this tonight if available. but spring is quickly approaching, and with warmer weather, i think the demand, at least for me, goes down when people start getting out of the house and playing real golf. i think they run the risk of fewer sales, especially with the new competition, if this game gets pushed back to spring or early summer.

hardcore links fans will buy this game no matter what, those that want a golf game may pass on this game if they can get their hands on the ps4's competition coming out soon. crossing my fingers perfect beats them to the punch, but with the boards being pretty quiet of late, i'm not holding my breath.

my prediction, this game doesn't make it to market before June. i'm guessing a late august release. hope i'm wrong

#5 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

yeah come on PP whens it coming out? I am buying a spanking new i7 today but I don't want it to be rendered obsolete by the time PP comes out, lols, 'what golf games do you play?' has become a little tiresome on these forums and THEY (wgt) consider you to be a long standing joke - time to ram it back in their faces big time!! 

In PP we trust.

#6 CSR

CSR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think PP may be dead in the water.

#7 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

I hope your pessimism may prove to be unfounded CSR.It could be the best golf game ever if all the hype is to be believed

#8 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

DEENA  .At the moment i am playing OGC golf at www.ogcopen.com.It is rather crude from a graphics point of view but plays okand need not cost any cash,although it takes quite a time to progress.This is probably true about any online game if you don't wish to purchase extras.Still no response trom PP.

#9 Chaz1957

Chaz1957

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Im with CSR on this one..It seems since the announcement of TGC,s  spring release we have not heard a word from anyone from PP..

#10 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hi chaz1957 with all this doubt around you would think PP would issue some statement.Don't mind if the game is 6months away.Even looking at this topic you can see the worldwide interest.

#11 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Im with CSR on this one..It seems since the announcement of TGC,s  spring release we have not heard a word from anyone from PP..

au contraire,

http://www.perfectpa...rements/?p=7686

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#12 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hi Jat04   A lot of chat about computer specs ,and very interesting .However still no real release news.

#13 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Sorry JCat04 rubbish keyboard

#14 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi Jat04   A lot of chat about computer specs ,and very interesting .However still no real release news.

It got a little stoked about the specs because I have a desktop system that I really didn't buy with the idea of it being a gaming machine.  I pretty much transitioned into console gaming in 2006.  I bought a Radeon HD 6670 card and doubled my RAM from 4 to 8GB to bring my 2 year system up to where I could keep up with a few PC games.  It sounds like I'll be up to the task when Perfect Golf arrives.

I guess it's better to talk about specs and keep the skids greased a little bit.  There's been very little gameplay substance to discuss about Perfect Golf in the last year.  I guess if course design is your forte, you've got more to keep you interested.  I'm very impressed with what I've seen from some of the beta work.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#15 karma4u

karma4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:25 AM

Hey, i believe that the folks in the community should be hearing from PP. There is another, HB, who are releasing info. on their game all the time. The community will naturally gravitate to folks that are letting them know what is happening with their product......Just sayin' :mellow:

Antec p100

i7@ 3.4..win 10-64bit..16gb ram..EVGA gtx970 FTW..4gb..ACX 2.0....Corsair HX750w & hydro cooler..

Gsync..2560x1440..144 hz..1ms 

#16 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Are HB signing people up on exclusive playing contracts?

#17 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

TGC = TWO

If you read between the lines, TGC (HB) is nothing else than TWO. Many features will not be in the beta, but will be integrated after the final release. TWO started exactly the same way. TGC is an option once it is complete and playable. When TWO started, their Devs were active in their forums either, after the problems got bigger and bigger, the devs just said good bye in the forums. I'm affraid we will see something similar at HB Forums.

I will stay here and wait for PG no matter how long it takes. The last real good golf game I played was Links 2003, so I don't mind too much waiting some more, even if I understand that people want to get some more infos.

• Tigers Agent and Hammerfest like this

Who cares...

#18 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

TGC = TWO
If you read between the lines, TGC (HB) is nothing else than TWO. Many features will not be in the beta, but will be integrated after the final release. TWO started exactly the same way. TGC is an option once it is complete and playable. When TWO started, their Devs were active in their forums either, after the problems got bigger and bigger, the devs just said good bye in the forums. I'm affraid we will see something similar at HB Forums.
I will stay here and wait for PG no matter how long it takes. The last real good golf game I played was Links 2003, so I don't mind too much waiting some more, even if I understand that people want to get some more infos.

Other than using the same engine (PG is also using Unity) and business model (software as service) TGC is not the same as TWO. As for the developers communicating in the forums it is a night and day difference from what we had on the TWO forums even in the beginning.

I'm willing to give HB Studios (as well as any game developer) a chance to prove that they are committed to supporting the game well after release.

-MERACE
  • karma4u likes this

#19 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Don't get me wrong Merace. I know TGC is not TWO, but maybe you remember what wasn't in TWO at the start: Drop, Move ani on the Tee, Multiplayer etc. Not sure about the move player on the tee, but there will be no drop zone and no multiplayer on the start at TGC, Later EA said that all these things are impossible to do with Unity. When EA started to implement some of the missing things the game got worse and worse. And I just have a bad feeling that TGC could get the same problems if they start implementing all these things after release. Time will tell, but I will wait until things work well and the game is complete.

We sure don't know about PG cause of the lack of information, but atm PG is what I will support. Nothing would be greater than having two games and I sure hope we will, but I have a bad feeling about TGC on what I read in their forums.

Who cares...

#20 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I would be agree but i think we have to try it out before say something more, so good words up here!

i would really like to do some checking with the tools on the game field but we have to wait, be patience fellows !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users