34 replies to this topic

#21 spikel

spikel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Don't get me wrong Merace. I know TGC is not TWO, but maybe you remember what wasn't in TWO at the start: Drop, Move ani on the Tee, Multiplayer etc. Not sure about the move player on the tee, but there will be no drop zone and no multiplayer on the start at TGC, Later EA said that all these things are impossible to do with Unity. When EA started to implement some of the missing things the game got worse and worse. And I just have a bad feeling that TGC could get the same problems if they start implementing all these things after release. Time will tell, but I will wait until things work well and the game is complete.

We sure don't know about PG cause of the lack of information, but atm PG is what I will support. Nothing would be greater than having two games and I sure hope we will, but I have a bad feeling about TGC on what I read in their forums.

I believe EA let a good amount of the TW Online team go after the initial release, and I also know the original lead developer wasn't too happy with the state at launch.  It seemed to me that the team leftover hadn't had much experience with the game of golf and was really a bit lost. Even the physics in TWO didn't feel right, I have much higher hopes for both of these games.

#22 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Don't get me wrong Merace. I know TGC is not TWO, but maybe you remember what wasn't in TWO at the start: Drop, Move ani on the Tee, Multiplayer etc. Not sure about the move player on the tee, but there will be no drop zone and no multiplayer on the start at TGC, Later EA said that all these things are impossible to do with Unity. When EA started to implement some of the missing things the game got worse and worse. And I just have a bad feeling that TGC could get the same problems if they start implementing all these things after release. Time will tell, but I will wait until things work well and the game is complete.

We sure don't know about PG cause of the lack of information, but atm PG is what I will support. Nothing would be greater than having two games and I sure hope we will, but I have a bad feeling about TGC on what I read in their forums.

fungolfer,

I certainly understand your uncertainty about TGC since it shares similiarities with EA's TWO (Unity, Software as a Service). However, the Unity that HB Studios is using for TGC (and Perfect Parallel is using for PG) is much more advanced and mature from what EA had at the time of development for TWO.  Also, as spikel has stated, EA's developers were not as experienced with Unity as the HB Studos developers seem to be. 

Again, I guess only time will tell if HB Studios will continue to be fully committed to the development of TGC well after release.

-MERACE

#23 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

I believe some of the TGC developers are in fact old Tiger Woods Online Dev's or former TW PGA Tour folks.  I read that somewhere.  Damned if I can remember where.    All I will say is, I'll wait for PG to be released. 

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#24 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCardiff,Wales,UK

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

I see another online golf game has gone the way of TWO .Called golfstar by gamigo.Must be tens of thousands of online golfers waiting for another game to appear.

#25 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

At the present time TGC says spring release for the PS4 and Xbox 1.  No PC version appears in there ad.  So even if they release the game on or before 21 March 2014. No PC version will be available.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#26 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

At the present time TGC says spring release for the PS4 and Xbox 1.  No PC version appears in there ad.  So even if they release the game on or before 21 March 2014. No PC version will be available.

There is a PC version of TGC, as it is currently being BETA tested at the moment (download is done via Steam for those that received a closed BETA key).

No BETA testing has so far been carried out on XBOXONE or PS4.

So I would find it very odd if a PC version was not available come release time.

#27 HalkeFralg

HalkeFralg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

There is a PC version of TGC, as it is currently being BETA tested at the moment (download is done via Steam for those that received a closed BETA key).

No BETA testing has so far been carried out on XBOXONE or PS4.

So I would find it very odd if a PC version was not available come release time.

Yes, there will be a PC version of TGC. So far, I'm impressed with that game, but would love to get some firsthand experience with Perfect golf as I think it has the potential to be the game.

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:06 PM

It's OK.

The CG in the TGC BETA is a little limited (and working with the analogue controller is a total PITA) and I'm not really sure how much further they (HBS) will 'push it' to give the designers additional options they are asking for.

It uses Unity like the CF and IMO, at present, courses for PG look far better than ones available for TGC.

;)

#29 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

from the time I have spent with TGC course creator it seems to be aimed at the more casual designer, anyone wanting to replicate a real life course that looks as much like the real thing as possible I am sure CF will win that one, after a while as you get used to using the stick have found it quite easy to use, but you are limited to the fairway / bunker shapes that come with it although you can place bunker shapes together to get it to look something like you want, so it does what it does quite well.

playing the course probably is more like the TW series so it`s not to bad for an early beta.

#30 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:53 AM

from the time I have spent with TGC course creator it seems to be aimed at the more casual designer, anyone wanting to replicate a real life course that looks as much like the real thing as possible I am sure CF will win that one, after a while as you get used to using the stick have found it quite easy to use, but you are limited to the fairway / bunker shapes that come with it although you can place bunker shapes together to get it to look something like you want, so it does what it does quite well.

playing the course probably is more like the TW series so it`s not to bad for an early beta.

and who cares?

#31 satanbug

satanbug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCardiff,Wales,UK

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

Not funny Mick-S ..please keep the bad language to yourself.

• Kablammo11 likes this

#32 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

what it`s got to do with you, another sticking his ore in. Tigers Agents a tosser as far as I am concerned have you got a problem with that, and don`t tell me what language to use if you don`t like it don`t read it.

#33 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

dsdddsdsdsdd

#34 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Social Inteligence is for some People hard to understand and also not easy to practice. God save that poor Ones

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#35 Sean Folley

Sean Folley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

I'm in no hurry.. We will be playing soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users