#1 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

...to course forge if I cannot share and play any maps I create freely between my friends?

A pay to play method is a game breaker for me and a few friends,surely a 'Donate' would be easier as those members who maybe on tighter budgets can at least enjoy the game and I dont think it would kill PP reputaion much .

So any thoughts as to whether theres a point to learning ?

I7 Devils Canyon - MSI Gaming 5 - 16gb Corsair Vengance - Zotac AMP Omega 980 ti - Asus ROG PG287Q - 120SSD Samsung - 3tb Western Digital Green - Windows 7 64bit Ulitmate - 100mb Virginmedia .

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

Mike has said that there is the potential for designers who release courses designed in CF to get a number of season pass months for free.

Don't know what the exact T&C's of this offer are, but I'm sure he would expand on this should you ask.

#3 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

Anyone who has ever done designing in the past or present know the key to a successful design is playing it as you go. That will be impossible without the purchase of a season pass. Just doesn't make any sense to why you would even want the CF if you can't play-test your own design without purchasing a season pass. This just seems ludicrous to me.

#4 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

I think of it as renting/leasing the design software for $5/month, just like www.photoshop/products + you get to play other peoples designs (if you want to).

I'd prefer if it was free to play/test your own creations to be honest, but I can understand where PP are coming from....you get an advanced design tool for a low price (and free if you get to grips with it and produce something decent). The gaping hole I see is if you want to play a round on a course you've created with a friend you both/all need to have season passes.

I'll see how I'm doing after a couple of months to see if I'm producing anything worth playing...I always struggled designing a complete 18 holes together in APCD without screwing something up or losing focus (I think laying out the holes is the part I like the best, I have trouble transferring my ideas into 3D)...but I have bunch of half made courses with a few playable holes that I can play occasionally for a laugh.

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Anyone who has ever done designing in the past or present know the key to a successful design is playing it as you go. That will be impossible without the purchase of a season pass. Just doesn't make any sense to why you would even want the CF if you can't play-test your own design without purchasing a season pass. This just seems ludicrous to me.

A true and valid point. I'll have to let Mike or Andrew respond to it though.

#6 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:05 AM

I'm not a designer nor a programmer, nor am I privy to the time/cost to develop CF or what it might fetch on the open market.  Please forgive what might be a silly question/suggestion....

Would user-designed courses have a "licence key" like a piece of software or would it be simply be that a pass-holder has access to these  xxx  user-designed courses?  I'm wondering if perhaps a course could be free for up to (say) 4 or 8 licences, designers can play test their course and share it with a small group to beta test or to play within a limited number of family members/friends.  Once the licence is installed on more than (say) 4 or 8 computers, then it becomes part of the user-designed course pool for all PG season pass holders to play.

#7 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 08:46 AM

I would like to experience two days of the finished product before PP releases it to market. We all deserve to use and experiment with the final release. We have earned a couple of days after so much input and discussion.  I want us to be the final experiment. When the call for dues is announced, I have no problem with money out of pocket.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#8 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:43 PM

Why will there be a need for a monthly subscription? Is this World of Warcraft  another odious product that only seems to end up lining pockets

What happened to programmers that did things out of fun and love,I have no idea why you should be charging a fee thats a gamebreaker for me big time,I would have liked the way TW07 wentwhere course desingers made course for sheer fun and shared there epic designs with everyone,surely there should not be this need for constant greed.

It maybe maybe my age but I sometimes do not understand this generation that the first thought is how to make money

• J.H.Buchanan likes this

I7 Devils Canyon - MSI Gaming 5 - 16gb Corsair Vengance - Zotac AMP Omega 980 ti - Asus ROG PG287Q - 120SSD Samsung - 3tb Western Digital Green - Windows 7 64bit Ulitmate - 100mb Virginmedia .

#9 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:50 PM

Why will there be a need for a monthly subscription? Is this World of Warcraft  another odious product that only seems to end up lining pockets

What happened to programmers that did things out of fun and love,I have no idea why you should be charging a fee thats a gamebreaker for me big time,I would have liked the way TW07 wentwhere course desingers made course for sheer fun and shared there epic designs with everyone,surely there should not be this need for constant greed.

It maybe maybe my age but I sometimes do not understand this generation that the first thought is how to make money

I couldn't stop laughing.  Hear that Andrew and Mike?  You should be giving us this game... LMAO!

• Richard likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#10 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

Courses are still designed for shear fun,but designing
the software to build them with, and play them on, cost
plenty of time and money. There is,I'm sure, a ton of
passion and love that has gone into giving us the best
video golf game ever produced, and the price that is asked
for it just can't possibly equal what it is truly worth.
  • JoeF likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#11 Ch3apTrick

Ch3apTrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2015 - 11:53 PM

And theres me thinking they had made there money already fro Sky and this was just an extension of there passion,i bow to informed

#12 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:22 AM

If I create a course will I be able to play it 5 years from now after having maybe layed the game down for awhile or will I have to pay a fee to play a course I made 5 years from now. This is why I hate to much of an online connection to a game I have games I can play 15 years from now cause I have the CD even if the internet goes down but probably with PP it will be you have to pay a fee even if you want to play if 15 years from now but then steam may charge them money so then if only a few play it then PP may not support it so then you may not be able to play it at all. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users