#2521 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:33 PM

With the quality of work that gets showcased these days i'm almost embarrassed to post my own stuff, anyways here is a little taster of whats comin' with my fictional course "Lowland Fens" not that far away from beta...so here's a selection of shots that give you a glimpse of the course and make me look half decent a player!  :D

• Skunky, Justin9926 and SirGrassCutter like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#2522 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

With the quality of work that gets showcased these days i'm almost embarrassed to post my own stuff, anyways here is a little taster of whats comin' with my fictional course "Lowland Fens" not that far away from beta...so here's a selection of shots that give you a glimpse of the course and make me look half decent a player!  :D

I always thought you have some of the best courses, Doggs.  Keep up the great designs.

• Arsam and cajuncapgun like this

#2523 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:07 PM

Not sure if it's on US TV this weekend, but the Champions Tour is at Pebble Beach this week, so might help with getting a feel for the course design, but as it is in Matthew's hands, I'm sure he will deliver another gem.

#2524 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:28 AM

i am sure there are already umpteen youtube vids of pebble.

i dare say, those vids could be of great info for designers.

#2525 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

Funny story... So, just the other day, Mike and Andrew ganged up on me, shoved me into a dark corner and started hurling unprintable insults at me. It was quite unsettling.

"Yeah, K-Boy", Mike snarled at me: "CF will go public beta soon!"

I quickly took the opportunity to enquire how soon that would be, but received an angry backhand to the mouth from him.

"When we say so!" Andrew grinned and punched me in the stomach.

"So we kinda wondered", Mike went on, "what you are going to do about that, huh?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you!" he snarled. "You little freeloader had the goodies all this time, so now it's payday and we're here to collect!"

"As in, Einstein..." Andrew added, "you giving back to the f...ing community!"

"Like what?" I shouted in despair.

"Everything!" Mike grinned.

Then Andrew drew out a flick knife and grabbed me by the neck: "Dammit, man", he growled, "You owe us!"

After they left me alone, sporting a brand new slit nostril, I had to reluctantly concede that last point. They could have asked a bit more nicely, perhaps, but there was no denying that I did owe them.

And so, dear future designers, it is with great delight that I have come to announce my forward payment to all those who will, soonishly, try their hand on Course Forge. To sum things up, it's called "Tropicana" and it looks like this:

O3ATqX0.jpg

No, it's not Aroha. It's an island that looks like it, yes. And it could be your island. I will export it as a Unity Package for you to load into a new project, and you will get this island with all its islandy terrain textures and with a prefabricated ocean. Use your Unity Terrain Editor sculpting tools liberally on this terrain to add elevation or carve out beaches and inlets and paint the proper texture on them. But there is more: 

qEdeKa6.jpg

On your island, there will also be a club house cabana. If you don't like it's position, wield the power of Unity to move it to a more suitable location, or delete it and import another object of your choice in its stead. You will also receive a few grass billboards to plant on the ground wherever you want. They are already loaded into the grass planting section, all you need to do is paint them on. And I'm still not finished...

Jfpc0z4.jpg

You will also find, enclosed, some more or less useful objects like a shelter-pavillion, a bench, a waste basket, a ball washer and a fence element. All of them are already imported as prefabs and waiting for you to move them into the positions you want them. To get more of each, simply duplicate them. (In the Hierarchy, try not to duplicate the prefabs themselves, but rather the "g0" instance within.

The tribal wood-carved poles are optional, but could come in handy for decoration and aiming aids for blind shots.

I can't show them to you, but there are also Audio Loops, all set up and ready to go, for you to place.

You do not need to use any of these, but you can. They are all waiting for you in the Hierarchy menu. But do import something else for all I care. Nothing in here is mandatory.

And there's still more:

oNNLxIz.jpg

Yes, Siree-Bob! Tucking Frees! The most precious resource, all there and imported! No hassle! Select one or more of 18 different self-made Speedtree models and plant them wherever you want. I just covered a little demonstration patch, and of course you will have the rest of the island to yourself! And how could I possibly top off this spontaneous fit of utter goodness? Well, with this...

b3QQMy8.jpg

That's right, with the original Aroha.cfl Layers Library! All the K11 textures, detail maps and normal maps are included, and so are their settings in the Layers Libary. I have not drawn a spline yet, that will be entirely up to you, to place greens, tees, fairways, bunkers etc, but all the ingredients are already there, at your disposal.

The "Tropicana.unitypackage" will be available for download and hosted by PP following the release of CF. Think of it as a starter kit that contains days and weeks of strenuous design labour, for you to start cracking right away without having to worry about terrain settings and asset procurement. It's an ideal starting point for practicing CF.

Enjoy, um... er... soon.

• cajuncapgun, highfade, Acrilix and 12 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2526 uvmnick

uvmnick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

Very kind of you, K11. You must be The Peacemaker.

#2527 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

30 years from now K11  will release the pacemaker,the course will be completely flat with handrails at every green.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#2528 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

Wow K11.

Seeing the details inside of a project like this will be tremendously helpful.

Thank you for providing this.

#2529 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:27 PM

And that's not all, if you order right now....

#2530 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

sell out :D

Seriously, good work K11 :P

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#2531 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Splendid bundle of Unity Joy K11, Nice Job.

Hope your nostril heals soon; You're lucky 

they didn't use the Spline Tool and Recalculate you.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#2532 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your Terrain textures and  prefabs, K11. Really looking forward to trying to create something. Now what is the number to the 24 hour support :D. Thanks for everything, K11

Justin

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#2533 jimbob59

jimbob59

Advanced Member

• Team Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNewcastle, England

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

Very nice  K11 .  Above and beyond as usual

Jim

• cajuncapgun likes this

#2534 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hey K11 .... Did AJ and MJ also hand over some dead fishes wrapped in newspaper ???? If so ...then you are in big trouble man ..... 

#2535 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hey K11 .... Did AJ and MJ also hand over some dead fishes wrapped in newspaper ???? If so ...then you are in big trouble man ..... 

You mean like lutefisk? Kind of like 'fine dining' next to the municipal sewage plant.  :P

Richard

Posted Image

#2536 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:55 PM

You da man, K11! Thank you for your generosity!!!

#2537 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 07:10 PM

Very cool. Will be a great thing for the community. A means of asset sharing will accelerate learning and hopefully high quality builds as time goes on. Would be nice if they are anticipating a way to keep things organized much like cgtextures. Always fun to see how the "pros" put something together. Hopefully, not a "one off" as well and this is the beginning and end of sharing. Thank you, must mean soon is soon.

#2538 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:14 PM

I'm not a pro, not even between quotation marks, and "soon" means: "I have no bloody clue and certainly it must happen a lot later than you'd expect."

As for sharing, that's my middle name: Kab Sharing Lammo. I'm all for sharing, promise to donate all of my inferior assets for free to the Shmommunity at large (what did they ever do for me, huh?) and only to keep the good ones to myself.

Oh, the Tropicana package will be delivered "as is", no warranty will be issued and the customer support will be inexistent.

• Tretee likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2539 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks K. That will make it alot easier for the rest of us to get started.

#2540 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:31 PM

Andrew says they have the coupons..... so stay tuned, kids.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users