Photo

News? Updates? When will the game be released?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

I totally agree yesrushdt. PP has to have true turn based multiplayer game. None of the garbage like  different colored arcs showing what another player has done but honest to goodness watch your oppenent set up and hit the actual shot, see it fly and watch it land. To me this is a game breaker. I realize it takes longer to play this type of game but in the interest of realisim to me it is a must have.

#22 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

You take your turn when playing in your group in real golf, other people on the rest of the course don't wait for you so the ideal scenario caters for both so people can use one of the other or a combination of the two.

I also think a system where you can play against recorded rounds is important. This way friends can play against each other even when one of them may be offline.

• JRD likes this

#23 Ron Piskorik

Ron Piskorik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationFlorham Park, NJ

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

I also think a system where you can play against recorded rounds i important. This way friends can play against each other even when one of them may be offline.

Playing against recorded rounds is the thing I missed most from JN6.  The other thing I missed was a spectator mode.  The spectator mode should allow you to join a round already in progress.

• fungolfer and JRD like this
Alienware Area 51 R2
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six Core (15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Intel® X99 Chipset (Intel® DHX99 PCH)
32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main
Centauri CPU heatsink
4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5
Killer™ E2200 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card
Integrated Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Logitech G810 Artemis Spectrum gaming keyboard
Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2716DG at 2560 X 1440
Logitech Gaming Mouse G502

3 Click PRO Level

#24 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

I also think a system where you can play against recorded rounds is important. This way friends can play against each other even when one of them may be offline.

I also agree. When PG is released I would like to be able to move my KISS Tour's CPU Tour (and the others) over to the game from Links 2K3. The biggest problem I have is that the score.txt reader we have programed in our score submit system would have to recognize the PG one or we would not have means to submit scores. Our programmer has retired and re-programmng the recognizing of the new one would be difficult.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#25 coldsoul

coldsoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, but why buy it if it's just going to end up being an expensive drink coaster? ;)  Golf Club has two strikes going against in IMO, no turn based online multiplayer and an inferior course architect (in comparison to Perfect Golf).  You're not going to see anywhere near the real course accuracy in Golf Club that we've already seen in PG. 

Hopefully PG has turn based online multiplayer.  That has always been a staple in computer golf ever since the very first PGA Tour Golf game from EA.

To answer your question, because it looks like it will be out for at least a year before. (Just my opinion but I have seen nothing to show PP is close to being an operating game- I could be wrong for sure and no use debating what no one knows). But even if PP came out two months after the other game that would mean several hours of enjoyment worth $60* to me. Of course my logic falls completely apart if you believe you already have access to a better game. I don't feel that way at all.

As I said in another thread if PP even looks close as good as the other game when it launches I will buy it as well. I am frustrated at the lack of information at this point though. The other thing I think a lot of people are overlooking is that the other game is actually showing, PP is based on concepts at this point IMHO it might not be all that we hope it will be once they actually show is the game.

*A total guess on pricing.

#26 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Of course my logic falls completely apart if you believe you already have access to a better game. I don't feel that way at all.

I already have access to a better game and it's called Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 for PC. :)  It doesn't have the graphical glitz of Golf Club, however graphics aren't everything.  Great online turn based multiplayer gameplay with over 600 courses to choose from on my hard drive (and hundreds more on top of that at coursedownloads.com). 

Hopefully PG will have the best of both worlds in terms of gameplay, course design and graphics.  I'm more than happy to continue playing TW08 PC and TW14 Xbox 360 until Perfect Golf comes out. 

• karma4u likes this

#27 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, but why buy it if it's just going to end up being an expensive drink coaster? ;)  Golf Club has two strikes going against in IMO, no turn based online multiplayer and an inferior course architect (in comparison to Perfect Golf).  You're not going to see anywhere near the real course accuracy in Golf Club that we've already seen in PG. 

Hopefully PG has turn based online multiplayer.  That has always been a staple in computer golf ever since the very first PGA Tour Golf game from EA.

Agreed, if neither have Turn based multiplayer, then I dont buy either one.  I never play single player.

#28 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

hi all, 

it would be very nice to see something new as you spoke about that Mike, well done, i'm happy to find such innovation/s

yup!

#29 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Because the PC golf market has been barren for so many years. Though one will be preffered both will still have plenty to offer. Besides there's nothing wrong with expensive drink coasters. My closet is full of them.  ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#30 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

Myself, it's all about mouse and keyboard, I will not buy anything else. I've got my fingers crossed even though that's kinda hard due to RA :)

#31 PurpleTurf

PurpleTurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove, MN

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

The Golf Club is out now on steam for PC.  It is early access so late beta type game for $29, with updates to come.  Gonna try it out and see how it is.  Perfect Golf will be my next purchase when it goes live.

#32 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

I bought the beta early edition of Golf Club it works with a mouse but is a little flakey but at least one can kind of get a golf fix since Perfect Parrallel is still not out and Perfect Parrallel  still has the Banner:

"Immersive 3D Golf Game provides a new take on golf - Coming Winter 2013"

And since it is past Winter 2013 then you might as well try Golf Club at Steam the graphics are ok  a lot better than the pc games we have to choose from now but of course it is an online thing so though it says no load times it is a little bit of a wait at times. I hope Perfect P gets its act together. Steam probably stole ideas from Perfect P since Perfect P somewhat has partnered with Steamy.

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#33 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Oh they have a course creator which one can use with the beta version they beta version promo I think ends 4 / 26 anyway there course creator absolutelly sux.

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#34 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

Oh they have a course creator which one can use with the beta version they beta version promo I think ends 4 / 26 anyway there course creator absolutelly sux.

Why do you feel that the course creator "absolutelly sux"?  :huh:

-MERACE

#35 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

A question on this. If I'm playing in a PG tourney and play one of those rounds online against another competitor, will we be able to add the recorded round of a friend who played his round earlier? 

Links2003 doesn't allow It, but I've missed that option very badly as my golfing friends are in 3 countries.

Dave

#36 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I did buy the golf club game and very disappointed, but, I will also buy PG and hope it is better :wacko: I myself am praying for a 3-clik meter due to RA

#37 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

There will be a 3-click as far as I know...... :)

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#38 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

I doubt that. HB stated that they don't want to implement any kind of meter such as powerbar etc. They are looking for a way to implement a click system, but without any meter and powerbar. If they implement this I'm sure it has to happen before they start the console versions, cause I'm sure after that, the PC version will not get too many new things.

Who cares...

#39 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I believe InDaSkies was referring to 3-click being available in Perfect Golf rather than TGC.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#40 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

oooooops :D

Who cares...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users