#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:26 PM

I looked in the "user manual" but cannot find answers for the following graphic settings.  Specifically, what is the effect on the graphics of having them on as opposed to off? 

VSync

Vignetting

Adaptive Lighting

It would he helpful if there was a brief explanation of each game and graphics option added to the "user manual".  Thank you.

RTSM - Pro

#2 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

Vsyn = Vertical sync.  If you experience screen tearing (GPU sending new image to screen before previous image is finished) this can rectify the issue,  It is recommended not to use it unless absolutely necessary as it can adversely affect frame rates.  

Vignetting - a slight darkening around the edges of the on-screen scene.  Purely for aesthetic purposes only.

Adaptive Lighting - the lighting in the game adapts to your location. ii.e. - brighter in middle of fairway, darker when in the woods where there would be less light getting through.  Again for aesthetic purposes.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#3 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

Thanks Joe.  I've turned all three off to help my frame rates.  By the way I notice that you have exactly the same system specs that I have including the video card except the 16 GIG ram compared to my 8.  I am thinking of installing another 8 and am wondering if that will make much difference for Perfect Golf as that is my reason for the additional RAM.  Merry Xmas although you certainly are not getting Xmas weather where you are.

RTSM - Pro

#4 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:31 PM

Don't know the answer to the question about ram as the 16 gigs were already in my machine when PG came out.  I run 1920 x 1080 with all graphics settings maxed out.  Frame rates are usually pretty good though there are a few holes on Schwarzwald that can cause it to dip down below 30 for one or two shots.  So far that course is the most graphic intensive yet released.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#5 HaHo1

HaHo1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

Playing Perfect golf on Windows 10 at maximum settings and 4K resolution uses just under 2 gigabytes of ram on Schwarzwald.  If you add up all the memory being used by background processes and Windows processes (including PG) on a relatively fresh install of the operating system then the total ram being used is just over 4 gigabytes.  As such it's fair to say that you do not require more than 8 gigabytes and having 16 gigabytes will make zero difference to the performance of Perfect Golf.  Even using ram with a higher frequency will only improve frame rates marginally (1-2 fps) and is not worth the upgrade.

#6 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2015 - 01:29 PM

I'm getting pretty consistent FPS with the game, everything maxed out @1920.

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users