8 replies to this topic

#1 hawkeye53

hawkeye53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationpuerto galera

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:10 PM

This is my first post here after having had PG for quite some time now, and I'm afraid this post may be a little long winded Not going to rant,  just requesting help, hopefully from the devs. Before yesterday PG had performed flawlessly. Then yesterday I was playing my first round at Club Scharzwald. I was on the fourth hole I believe and went to take my swing (3 clicker). I clicked inside the swing meter and nothing happened. The triangle did not move. I clicked again, nothing. After clicking a few more times the triangle moves to about 8 o'clock and then my swing commences and the ball dribbles off the tee. Here are the steps I have taken to try to fix the problem:

1. I tried exiting out of PG and coming back in. No luck

2. Tried doing a cold boot of my computer, went back in PG, ended my round, started a round on a different course. No luck there either.

3. Verified integrity of game cache, exited Steam, restarted Steam, the launched PG. Didn't work

4. Tried uninstalling PG and reinstalling it. No luck there either.

5. Tried updating my video drivers. Still did not work.

Some additional info: Before when I started PG, when the splash screen was visible, my frame rate counter would go up a bit over 300 then come back down as the game launched. Now during the same process, the frame rate counter only goes up to 60 then stops.

It should be pointed out that I am having no issues with any of my other games, only PG. The issue is not with my mouse either, it's working fine.

Here are my system specs:

Dell XPS 8300 Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz

Nvidia GT 545 video card with 1gb memory.

16 mb RAM

I do have an output_log.txt file which has some information in it which may be helpful to someone.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

#2 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

Definitely post the output _log file here so the devs can access it.  It may show what is happening.  Can't personally help with this.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#3 hawkeye53

hawkeye53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationpuerto galera

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

Here it is:

Attached Files

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:33 PM

Sounds somewhat similar to a problem I had a few weeks ago.

I turned off my anti-virus for a few minutes to check if that was 

the problem, and PG loaded. I then told my anti-virus to exclude PG

before turning it back on. Just a guess, but something to try.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:27 PM

So now you can't 3 click at all?  Can you switch to motion swing, take a shot, then switch back to 3 click and see what happens?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#6 hawkeye53

hawkeye53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationpuerto galera

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:32 PM

I should clarify that PG does launch, I just keep having the same recurring problem with the swing meter. Will have to try switching to motion swing and back later tonight and report back.

#7 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:52 PM

Sounds like it's switched to horizontal motion swing. Check your control settings and change back to click if that is indeed the issue.

• NoPutt likes this

#8 hawkeye53

hawkeye53

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationpuerto galera

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:06 AM

Well, somehow my swing type changed from swing meter to horizontal motion swing! How that happened in the middle of a game I don't know. All is well now though. Thanks for everyone's help!

• Crow357 and NoPutt like this

#9 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:13 AM

Glad to hear all is okay again for you. I had a similar problem after the update in that my vertical motion swing had changed to 3 click - but luckily for me this was a more obvious change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users