#1 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 08 January 2016 - 09:32 PM

The last couple of days the lag has been so bad when I tried hosting a game that it was unplayable.  People joining my game display high pings that fluctuate quite a bit.  There is less lag if I join a game but still not as smooth as it has been.   Previously I had no issues hosting.  Could this be a problem originating with my internet provider?  Any other comments would be appreciated.

RTSM - Pro

#2 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:18 AM

The last couple of days the lag has been so bad when I tried hosting a game that it was unplayable.  People joining my game display high pings that fluctuate quite a bit.  There is less lag if I join a game but still not as smooth as it has been.   Previously I had no issues hosting.  Could this be a problem originating with my internet provider?  Any other comments would be appreciated.

This sounds too basic but it is what we all must do from time to time.  Unplug your router from your modem.  Then unplug your modem from the power outlet (not your modem cable).  If it has backup batteries in it remove them during this process.

Let the modem stay powered off for three minutes.  Plug it back into the power outlet.  When all the lights blink as they normally would do plug your router back into the modem.  If you have a modem/router combo simply unplug the one power cord and wait three minutes to plug it back in.

You can also do the same thing with your router.  Detach it from your modem and unplug the power cord. Again, let stay powered off for a couple of minutes.  Plug the power cord back into the router and wait for lights to appear. Plug it back into your modem.

Let us know.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#3 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

Thanks.  Much better yesterday when I was hosting.  Played a round earlier today.  Initially a fellow from Rome hosted but lag was bad.  We quit and then I hosted and everything was good.  Don't know if the distance has anything to do with lag as I have played with people from England and Australia with no problems.

RTSM - Pro

#4 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

Lag for our group of players seem to kick in for one of us every nite about 2115 to 2145 hours.  (military timed)   It is like clockwork.  And to add insult to injury A different player gets the lag each nite.  Crazy stuff. 

All 4 of us are in the green @ 32ms  to 78ms from 1945 up until the witching hour of 2115.  Then a player goes into the 398ms to 13s range.  And he/she is done.    Anyone have any ideas for us to try.  We are all getting angry at this point. 

Also we are all EST or Central Stardard time.   

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users