2 replies to this topic

#1 Belair58

Belair58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hello,

Complete noob to Unity, but I retired from the IT industry after 25 years, so new software isn't anything frightening. I've also dabbled with Blender quite a bit, so I understand most of the 3D (X, Y, Z) components.

What I'm trying to figure out is how I can tell if I'm building a 300 yard (meter) hole, or a 560 yard hole? Is there an easy way to do that, I assume there is, but I haven't found anything in the manual, nor online except for having to write a script to determine it.

And about that yard or meter thing, can I change measuring to Imperial?

Thanks for your time and hopefully help.

#2 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:12 PM

Currently, CF is using Unity 5.1.2. and CF will come with a measuring tool built in and will measure in yards.  In the mean time you could try this ruler from the asset store. https://www.assetsto...but might help.

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#3 Belair58

Belair58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Currently, CF is using Unity 5.1.2. and CF will come with a measuring tool built in and will measure in yards.  In the mean time you could try this ruler from the asset store. https://www.assetsto...s but might hel

Thanks Jimbobh. Yesterday was the first day I was able to be a Demo tester for the SkyTrak launch monitor beta. Being a SkyTrak ShowCase Dealer has it's perks.  It's very cool to be able to play the courses by hitting a real golf ball. I may see if I can fanagle a demo of Course Forge, but I think that's a long shot. 

Thanks again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users