#21 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

You  can reduce the poly count of trees dynamically with the in game tree detail sliders. We already use lower poly count trees away from the lines of play. As a designer you can also raise and lower the individual poly counts of trees within the project.

The PP courses are generally very well optimised but the community courses will be a mixed bag.

Thanks Mike. But does this mean you can select a group of already planted high poly trees (such as the ones off the course of play) and lower their poly count? I would think that would be ideal.  Probably a stupid question, and I will stop asking them after I get my copy of CF! :wacko:

#22 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

Most will use 2d billboards in the distance,

not noticeable unless you get very close.

Very low poly count so you can plant hundreds.

They still move with the wind like the 2d grasses,

but being 2d they always face the camera.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users