#1 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:46 AM

We're all eagerly awaiting the new animations.  Will the new real time swing arrive at the same time or is it scheduled for a later release?  Just wondering.

• trailblazergolf likes this

#2 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

Same time.   Should be next.  :)

• trailblazergolf and mebby like this

#3 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:28 AM

I'll post this, seeing as it seems to have been overlooked in the multi-channel communications policy......

https://www.facebook...31822666899805/

#4 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the clip.  I've now watched it about six times and I can't for the life of me see how it works.  I see the 'swing' box turn red and then the golfer swings.  I'm assuming the swing is mouse controlled (as in motion swing?).  If it is, surely the pause at the top of the swing messes up the tempo (or was that just to demonstrate the power difference?).  I know all will be revealed in the fullness of time, but at the moment I'm confused. 

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for the clip.  I've now watched it about six times and I can't for the life of me see how it works.  I see the 'swing' box turn red and then the golfer swings.  I'm assuming the swing is mouse controlled (as in motion swing?).  If it is, surely the pause at the top of the swing messes up the tempo (or was that just to demonstrate the power difference?).  I know all will be revealed in the fullness of time, but at the moment I'm confused. 

The real time swing works with both controller and mouse. It's real time so if you stop at the top your golfer will stop at the top, if that messes up your tempo don't pause :)

The functionality of the RTS between mouse and controller is a little different to play to the strengths of both devices. It's harder to have finite control over tempo with the controller as they are generally spring loaded so there is no ratio with the controller so distance is achieved through both backswing length and downswing speed.

#6 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

That's really looking good guys. I've been holding down comments etc and generally taken a back seat on all this now, just patiently awaiting 'the big jump' forward gameplay-wise with MS. Just reading/following the comments is fun enough. Playing PG is now really kicking in with me. I'm really getting into it now and it all looks quite fantastic to be honest. I'm totally in love with the Free-Cam. What a super option! The game plays great and the only thing in my case, is a not-so-top-notch graphic card, restricting my eye candy a bit (for now), but for the rest, PG is sublime. MS/RTS and the new animations are going to be the icing on the cake for me. From what I can see in the video it looks right up there. Can't wait!!! :P

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#7 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

The good news seems to be that, with the two different input methods (controller and mouse) being catered for in differing iterations of the Real-Time Swing, the pause is something that is particular to the controller method and its own element of 'tempo' or in fact 'feel'. Hoping that when we see it, the mouse swing will be all the smoother for its own method of input, with the transition much more of a micro-pause if that is indeed the style of swing you employ. It'll be interesting to see exactly how ugly some of our swings look with longer and slower movements if it is following the same adjustment criteria as the MotionSwing.

Overall though, the animation looks good (with additional animation still to be incorporated perhaps, such as pre-shot and post-shot reaction or at least a follow on from the 'held' position, at some point in the future) and the theory behind the 'feel' element of the swing delivery looks spot on! Good work so far PP!

#8 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Looks like an excellent start to the animation for sure.  Looking forward to trying this out.

Now that the golfer animation is more "alive" it will start to beg for (as MimcPS stated above) more human-like behavior pre and post shot.  But it sure looks like a great base to build on.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#9 HeNs

HeNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationFlorida,USA

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:54 PM

Mike,

Are we being left with the option to still have a meter with RTS..? Thought I had read from the dev. some where that was the case due to the fact lots have got a custom to it. And also how will the percentage numbers work for us in game being that the chat window is in that location that is shown in video..?

OGT PGA TOUR ADMINISTRATOR 

PGA TOUR HOME PAGE  : https://www.simulati...e.html?id=10047

OGT TEAM  PLAY ADMINISTRATOR 

TEAM PLAY FORUMS :  http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=66

OGT TEAM TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR http://www.onlinegol...php?f=66&t=3701

Asus  i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz 

Memory 16 GB DDR4

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

I personally can't see how you'd work with a meter on RTS?

Isn't the whole point of Real Time Swing to develop a tempo and feel and learn to do it all by interacting with your control method + the avatar?

Very excited to try it!

#11 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

I personaly can see how we would still use meter....just the same way ms users have been doing it all along. i think maybe there shoul be an option to drop the meter if it is distraction for you though...that or have it for the lower levels....

Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#12 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

I personaly can see how we would still use meter....just the same way ms users have been doing it all along.

MS is not "Real time"

That's the key

You certainly "could" have a meter, but it's sort of seems like it would be going against the concept of the real time feel swing...

...and once there's a meter, the complaining will start that "it's not matching up with the avatar right", etc.

#13 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

I may have to see if I still have my Microsoft controller in the house somewhere. It may work better for me than messing about with the console every time I feel like playing, which is actually making me not want to even bother at the moment. Also if it isn't reliant on the magic ratio, that would be even better.

Posted Image

#14 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

I may have to see if I still have my Microsoft controller in the house somewhere. It may work better for me than messing about with the console every time I feel like playing, which is actually making me not want to even bother at the moment. Also if it isn't reliant on the magic ratio, that would be even better.

The ratio is the real innovation of Perfect Golf. Gone are the days of ramming a mouse back and forth. The need of timing and rhythm to perform a quality golf shot is a great thing imho.

Some time ago there were question if it would be possible to customize that ratio. I would not be opposed to that. If one wants to have a faster downswing he could set the ratio to 1:5 or 1:6. He still would have to meet his personal ratio to perform a straight shot - for me it doesn't really matter if it is 0.25 or 0.20. I don't know though if it would be difficult and/or time consuming to code that.

• MERACE and Ricky Proffer like this

#15 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:06 PM

Looks like an excellent start to the animation for sure.  Looking forward to trying this out.

Now that the golfer animation is more "alive" it will start to beg for (as MimcPS stated above) more human-like behavior pre and post shot.  But it sure looks like a great base to build on.

I think what would be great is if the ani walked on to the tee and placed the tee peg and the ball.

With that we could also set the tee peg at high, normal and low for different trajectory of shots from off the tee.

Okay maybe I'm asking too much but it would look great.

• clarkx5652 likes this

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

Mike.

My question is and I believe you addressed this before will there be an option to not link the swing to the Ani and play as it is right now. My reasoning is that I will still have the meter as you must have it with the MS swing and I don't look at the golfer when swinging and keep my attention to the meter. Yes I know some don't like the meter and you said it would stay if wanted but to use the pause rendering you would not need the ani tied anyway. To me the ani tied is not a big deal as in TGC every swing is 100% and it doesn't matter as that is arcade. So really my question is will we have the option to keep it as it is.

#17 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

It's harder to have finite control over tempo with the controller as they are generally spring loaded so there is no ratio with the controller so distance is achieved through both backswing length and downswing speed.

It sounds then that the controller swing is going to behave the same as TGC, and that the deviation left and right will be controlled by the horizontal axis movement of the thumbstick. If this is the case it is going to suffer from the same exploits with modified controllers able to hit perfectly straight shots as other golf games.  :blink:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#18 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

It sounds then that the controller swing is going to behave the same as TGC, and that the deviation left and right will be controlled by the horizontal axis movement of the thumbstick. If this is the case it is going to suffer from the same exploits with modified controllers able to hit perfectly straight shots as other golf games.  :blink:

Only for those who want to cheat which I hope would be zero.

#19 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Well...let's wait and see..

They might still be able to introduce a tempo timing element that's similar but less fine grained than MS.

Mike only mentioned the distance control there, not the directional control.

#20 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

Mike.

My question is and I believe you addressed this before will there be an option to not link the swing to the Ani and play as it is right now. My reasoning is that I will still have the meter as you must have it with the MS swing and I don't look at the golfer when swinging and keep my attention to the meter. Yes I know some don't like the meter and you said it would stay if wanted but to use the pause rendering you would not need the ani tied anyway. To me the ani tied is not a big deal as in TGC every swing is 100% and it doesn't matter as that is arcade. So really my question is will we have the option to keep it as it is.

Motion swing will remain in the game in an unaltered state, the new swings are in addition to the existing swing methods, not in place of them.

Pause render will not work with the new real time swings.

• Fairwayman, Greensboronclion and Vernon520 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users