11 replies to this topic

#1 barryverheul

barryverheul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hello,

I'am an newly with the Perfect Parallel software and have a few questions.

1) Where can I buy the Course Forge software? Or try it out?

2) Where can I find some great tutorials to create those beautiful golf courses with Course Forge? 

Thank you so much for you help!

Best Regards BV

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hi Barry

1) CourseForge is not available for sale at this date. It is currently in beta testing, you can only try it out if you get a beta invite. 

2) Peruse the CourseForge section of these forums. Acquaint yourself with Unity3D, the game engine, which also has lots of tutorials about terrain and vegetation aspects. Official CourseForge tutorials will be made available at the release of CourseForge (so I've been told).

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 barryverheul

barryverheul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Hey K11,

Thx for your message! Do you think its necessary to learn first unity3d? How long is perfect parallel building this software? Are you an golf course designer?

Thx for your help!

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Barry,

Unity 3D is a game development tool, of which there are free and pro versions. The software isn't being developed by Perfect Parallel as it is already out there and they have opted to use it to build Perfect Golf.

You can get a download of the free version here - http://unity3d.com/unity/

Course Forge is what in the Unity 3D world is known as an Asset Tool. It is a bolt-on which you download and use in conjunction with Unity 3D. Course Forge allows you to layout your course and set the tees and pins to make the course playable. The rest of the design process is effectively done in Unity 3D.

So yes, if you are a budding course designer, it is worthwhile taking the time to learn how Unity 3D works, how to sculpt terrain, add objects, add skyboxes, place light sources etc. as once Course Forge becomes freely available to the community, with a knowledge of Unity 3D you are well on your way to being able to create courses.

;)

• JRD likes this

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Do you think its necessary to learn first unity3d?  > 1

How long is perfect parallel building this software?  > 2

Are you an golf course designer? > 3

1. I know it is necessary, because of 3). I would even say it is imperative.

2. 2 to 3 years, I'd say. CF would be finished and ready by now, but the golf game it comes with isn't

3. Yes. I have been invited into the private beta of CourseForge and have already worked with it.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#6 barryverheul

barryverheul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hey K11,

Thx for your message! Do you think its necessary to learn first unity3d? How long is perfect parallel building this software? Are you an golf course designer?

Thx for your help!

Thanks for your answers...back to school to learn Unity... ;)

#7 barryverheul

barryverheul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Barry,

Unity 3D is a game development tool, of which there are free and pro versions. The software isn't being developed by Perfect Parallel as it is already out there and they have opted to use it to build Perfect Golf.

Course Forge is what in the Unity 3D world is known as an Asset Tool. It is a bolt-on which you download and use in conjunction with Unity 3D. Course Forge allows you to layout your course and set the tees and pins to make the course playable. The rest of the design process is effectively done in Unity 3D.

So yes, if you are a budding course designer, it is worthwhile taking the time to learn how Unity 3D works, how to sculpt terrain, add objects, add skyboxes, place light sources etc. as once Course Forge becomes freely available to the community, with a knowledge of Unity 3D you are well on your way to being able to create courses.

;)

Thanks for your answers...back to school to learn Unity... ;)

#8 barryverheul

barryverheul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Barry,

;)

1. I know it is necessary, because of 3). I would even say it is imperative.

2. 2 to 3 years, I'd say. CF would be finished and ready by now, but the golf game it comes with isn't

3. Yes. I have been invited into the private beta of CourseForge and have already worked with it.

Thanks k11....Correct if i am wrong....CF makes it alot easier to build golf courses...but I will be eable to make the same courses without CourseForge (when I know the software :-) )

#9 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

You are wrong, Barry, so I'm correcting you. CF is indispensible for building golf courses in Unity. Whitout it, you can't do it.

CF is in charge of tees, greens, fairways, bunkers and rough: All the parts of a golf course that you play computer golf on. Unity deals with the rest, everything that is around the golf course: Terrain, morphology, vegetation, water, sky, light and wind. You need both to create a golf course.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#10 Hoskins355

Hoskins355

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

Any update on release date and how do I get invited to the beta?

Thanks

#11 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hoskins, no release date has been announced.

How to get invited to the beta? I honestly don't know what goes on inside the minds of those handing out the invites.

I my case it was, and I can only assume, the fact that I posted a lot of things about my design projects, that I asked a lot of questions about details, that I tried to answer questions from other members to the best of my limited knowledge, that I was a generally active forum member (708 posts in 15 months) and that I started learning and working on Unity about a year ago. 

This game having been greenlighted by the Steam community just recently - and with bossman AJ having dropped a super-heavy hint just a day ago - some form of early-access beta might be in the books. But that's speculation and we don't know that for sure.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#12 hyperrodik

hyperrodik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCambs

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

hello everyone. Impressed so much of Your software. who can I ask for invite me for beta? I do work for a marquee company and we do many jobs for golf and other tournaments, I'd like to test Your CF for animation and visuals creating if it's possible please?

ASUS G751

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users