#1 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

They said winter of 2013 this will be released. Well, winter has came and gone. But yet, we still have no product. They rarely give us any updates on progress unless we get on our knees and beg for it. I'm glad I didnt put alot of money towards the kickstarter for it, or I'd be really pissed off. I know they got other things to do but maybe have some consideration for the people who did put alot of money towards making this game, and give us update once every two weeks to let us know you're still alive and working.

Thanks for listening to me rant. Sorry if I came across sore. It just makes me mad when someone says something and they dont do it. Especially if we pay for it.

• Harald and Tigers Agent like this
MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:58 AM

That's why they are saying so little, rich. That scarcity of updates and status reports simply means that they don't know either when they will be finished.

And Kickstarter is about pledging money - since it failed, nobody payed a cent. PP haven't seen a dime from any of us, yet. I'm really willing to cram my cash down their throat, but so far they wouldn't let me. 

Yeah, you came across as sore, but that's okay. You have every right to feel a bit sore about this, even if being sore won't speed up anything. Over at the rival website, HBS just had to move their release date from spring to summer as well about a week ago. It is what it is and that is that.

Now cue the impatient assailants: "They said spring; they lied to us!" and the mature apologists: "I'd rather wait until it's ready than getting an unfinished product". Hmm, haven't we been there before?

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

I've been developing software professionally for 25 years and I still sometimes estimate wrong by up to 100% or more. It's tough going where no man has gone before and adding more man power just makes it take even longer. 

The only software projects that get released nearly on time are forced out the door by management, either full of bugs or lacking major features promised. You think you're 95% there, but that damn last 5% takes forever.

#4 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

K11 is right - no one from the community or kickstarter has paid us a cent.

We have been in the studio this week getting motion capture for our in game golfers as well as at Augusta providing virtual course graphics for TV Broadcasts in both Europe and the US.

• fungolfer and garynorman like this

#5 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:45 PM

.......and give us update once every two weeks to let us know you're still alive and working.

I think we all realise the enormity of building a game of this complexity with such a small team, but I think this quote is the most important for most of us.

I'm not that bothered about how near we are to a release - this game is still just a possibility until I have it on my computer.  I would though just like the occasional post to show that there's still someone at the other end of this site, and that they haven't all just left and forgotten to turn out the lights!!  ;) 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#6 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

I've been developing software professionally for 25 years and I still sometimes estimate wrong by up to 100% or more. It's tough going where no man has gone before and adding more man power just makes it take even longer. 

The only software projects that get released nearly on time are forced out the door by management, either full of bugs or lacking major features promised. You think you're 95% there, but that damn last 5% takes forever.

You are so right shimonko. When Microsoft pushed the release of Links 2003 for a Christmas release the programmers resisted but lost (as they always do) and the game had to be backed up three versions released to the beta testers (I was one) to a version that was the most bug free version. But doing so lost much of the programming additions that were added to the game. And one of them was what interested me the most, Computer Players. They had them playing so realistically that I wrote complemting them that you could not tell if a recorded game was an IRL player or a Computer player as they had worked a lot on them in the three versions that was backed back over. Looks what we have now in the 2K3 game. Drop bugs and etc.

These guys do not what that to happen here.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

.... I would though just like the occasional post to show that there's still someone at the other end of this site, and that they haven't all just left and forgotten to turn out the lights!!  ;) 

Two words: Social Media. PP are more chatty (still in a very reserved way) on their Twitter account or Facebook page. The latest news involving mocap recordings was brought up by a member who posted the link on the Forums. Me, I wholeheartedly loathe these overcrowded and simplification-enducing places and stay away from them, but that's just me.

So for more and more recent news, here are the links:

Twitter

Facebook

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#8 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

That's why they are saying so little, rich. That scarcity of updates and status reports simply means that they don't know either when they will be finished.

And Kickstarter is about pledging money - since it failed, nobody payed a cent. PP haven't seen a dime from any of us, yet. I'm really willing to cram my cash down their throat, but so far they wouldn't let me. 

Yeah, you came across as sore, but that's okay. You have every right to feel a bit sore about this, even if being sore won't speed up anything. Over at the rival website, HBS just had to move their release date from spring to summer as well about a week ago. It is what it is and that is that.

Now cue the impatient assailants: "They said spring; they lied to us!" and the mature apologists: "I'd rather wait until it's ready than getting an unfinished product". Hmm, haven't we been there before?

Sorry if I came across sore m8, but its frustrating.

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#9 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

K11 is right - no one from the community or kickstarter has paid us a cent.

We have been in the studio this week getting motion capture for our in game golfers as well as at Augusta providing virtual course graphics for TV Broadcasts in both Europe and the US.

Ok thats all you could've told us instead of keeping us in the dark on the progress.

#10 coldsoul

coldsoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Over at the rival website, HBS just had to move their release date from spring to summer as well about a week ago. It is what it is and that is that.

Where did you see the push back to Summer on the other game you mentioned? For PC it looks like early access in very early Spring maybe full launch was officially pushed back and I just didn't see it but I also that was coming VERY late spring. The early access looks like it is very high end (based on the beta videos) so I would consider that the launch but I realize that might be a minority opinion.

I only started following that other game when I saw it mentioned on here and after this site gave no info. So put me in the impatient pile, but the lack of info definitely led me to look elsewhere. I don't care about the "you lied to us", I care about the you didn't explain it to us. I get (without any first hand knowledge of programming) that things get pushed back but the silence is damming. The team is big enough to be at Augusta doing deals that means you are big enough to have an intern or hell even just a highschool kid update your website and provide updates on ALL forums so that it is not up to those interested to check the forums, then twitter, then instragram, then myspace, then facebook. (I might have made 2 of those up)

That being said it probably hasn't cost perfect anything (in terms of me being a customer) as long as this game even looks as good as the other game I will still buy it. $120 on two golf games isn't a big deal to me (not that I am rich but in today's society $5 for an hour of enjoyment is an amazing deal and I am sure I will put in more than 24 hours- but from what I have read this calculation doesnt hold for many gamers)

I generally don't post on forums just register and read (still haven't posted on the other games site) but just thought I would express my feelings on here as there is a lack of posters to chime in.

Edit to add: I have been registered here since July and was checking this site weekly even before that.

• Harald and Hammerfest like this

#11 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Over at the rival website, HBS just had to move their release date from spring to summer as well about a week ago. It is what it is and that is that.

Can you post a link to where you read that HB Studios "had move their release date from spring to summer"? :huh:

-MERACE 

#12 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Can you post a link to where you read that HB Studios "had move their release date from spring to summer"? :huh:

-MERACE 

Oooh.... that brought up a few of the guys from the other place. I do check the TGC Forums regularly, Merace, same as you seem to check in on PP.  And you guessed that release would be on June 3rd, btw. You are correct, there was no official word on the official release date - I was a bit too general in my statement, probably jumping to conclusions, so I'm sorry for that.

However, and this is just me reading between the lines, which might mean exactly nothing:

- The early access beta was promised for March. That deadline was not met. I think THIS THREAD from over there sums up the current situation best.

- Note how a Dev words carefully that they "hope to still make spring" 

- Note also how (I believe it was in a different thread) all of a sudden HBS states to be quality-driven, not date-driven. 

- Note how they are looking for a publisher 

- Note how they still need some certifications (Sony? Microsoft?)

...and you might, like me be led to conclude that "Spring" (in itself a deceitful term for computer game releases in June) is perhaps too close a target for the simultaneous release of a quality-driven product on PC, XboX and PS4. But technically, yes, in the absence of any official rescheduling, it's still spring. Sorry if I have ruffled your feathers.

"It's spring, everybody! The Golf Club Game will be released in spring!"

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#13 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

I am not concerned which one releases first, it will be the quality of the game that counts in the end. What I will say is that at the present time, IMO, the PP course designer appears to be much better than The Golf Club designer. It will be very interesting to try both games/course designers to see which is the best. Hoping for releases in summer ???? (left the year open to avoid being disappointed)

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sorry if I came across sore m8, but its frustrating.

You only have to look at Drive Club on PS4.

Was initially named as a 'launch title' for Sony's next gen console. I always intended getting a PS4, but instead of waiting decided to get one on launch day (with the expectation of having Drive Club to play). That was 29th November 2013.

It is now April 11th 2014, and although I have my PS4 and a handful of games, there is still no news of a release date for Drive Club.

So, although frustrating that PP gave Winter 2013 as a release date, it was never set in stone that we would have the game and course designer by that time. It was a potential release date. I'm sure PP wish they had never given that date out, but then folks would whine as they hadn't given one. Delay's happen.

We know they are still progressing. They are working at Augusta as I type offering virtual course renders for ESPN and Sky Sports. They have been working with partner's on MoCap for the golfer animations. Plenty of course have already been built.

We will get there, but it will take time.

;)

#15 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Kablammo11:

The reason I asked for a link to your statement about HB Studios moving their release date of TGC from Spring to Summer is that I thought that I missed the post or that you misinterpreted a post on their forums. Spring officially runs from May 20th to June 20th so I believe that HB Studios still has a good chance of meeting their release goal.

I do like that they aren't forced to meet a publisher's deadline for release so that if unforeseen problems come up with the game they can decide to delay the release until Summer or even Fall. That's what I like about PP's approach to developing and releasing PG. They, like HB Studios, are self funding the project so they can control the quality of the game.

However, for the sake of the sanity of many of the TGC followers I hope that the game releases on target.

-MERACE

#16 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Where did you see the push back to Summer on the other game you mentioned? For PC it looks like early access in very early Spring maybe full launch was officially pushed back and I just didn't see it but I also that was coming VERY late spring. The early access looks like it is very high end (based on the beta videos) so I would consider that the launch but I realize that might be a minority opinion.

I only started following that other game when I saw it mentioned on here and after this site gave no info. So put me in the impatient pile, but the lack of info definitely led me to look elsewhere. I don't care about the "you lied to us", I care about the you didn't explain it to us. I get (without any first hand knowledge of programming) that things get pushed back but the silence is damming. The team is big enough to be at Augusta doing deals that means you are big enough to have an intern or hell even just a highschool kid update your website and provide updates on ALL forums so that it is not up to those interested to check the forums, then twitter, then instragram, then myspace, then facebook. (I might have made 2 of those up)

That being said it probably hasn't cost perfect anything (in terms of me being a customer) as long as this game even looks as good as the other game I will still buy it. $120 on two golf games isn't a big deal to me (not that I am rich but in today's society $5 for an hour of enjoyment is an amazing deal and I am sure I will put in more than 24 hours- but from what I have read this calculation doesnt hold for many gamers)

I generally don't post on forums just register and read (still haven't posted on the other games site) but just thought I would express my feelings on here as there is a lack of posters to chime in.

Edit to add: I have been registered here since July and was checking this site weekly even before that.

My sentiments exactly.

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Kablammo11:

The reason I asked for a link to your statement about HB Studios moving their release date of TGC from Spring to Summer is that I thought that I missed the post or that you misinterpreted a post on their forums. Spring officially runs from May 20th to June 20th so I believe that HB Studios still has a good chance of meeting their release goal.

I do like that they aren't forced to meet a publisher's deadline for release so that if unforeseen problems come up with the game they can decide to delay the release until Summer or even Fall. That's what I like about PP's approach to developing and releasing PG. They, like HB Studios, are self funding the project so they can control the quality of the game.

However, for the sake of the sanity of many of the TGC followers I hope that the game releases on target.

-MERACE

If that is the case, then we are still in 'Winter 2013', so PP's estimated release is still on track, lol.

As for TGC. I'm not sure whether it is best to release it on time with loads of stuff missing and then catch up as they go releasing patch on patch, or delay the release and get the game something more like a v1.0 release offering.

#18 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

nvm

• PMc, shimonko and JGregory like this

#19 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

If that is the case, then we are still in 'Winter 2013', so PP's estimated release is still on track, lol.

As for TGC. I'm not sure whether it is best to release it on time with loads of stuff missing and then catch up as they go releasing patch on patch, or delay the release and get the game something more like a v1.0 release offering.

Ha, ha. Thanks for catching that typo error Daz.

I like HB Studio's ever evolving product business model. I would rather play a partially feature complete game than wait another 6 to 12 months for all the features to be present at launch. I'm just hoping that there will be enough sales to keep the updates coming on a timely basis.

-MERACE

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Ha, ha. Thanks for catching that typo error Daz.

I like HB Studio's ever evolving product business model. I would rather play a partially feature complete game than wait another 6 to 12 months for all the features to be present at launch. I'm just hoping that there will be enough sales to keep the updates coming on a timely basis.

-MERACE

Hear what you say.

My concern is things like out of bounds, proper hazard drops, turn based play, modes of play and course design elements will all be missing. Some of these are key inclusions for me to warrant me buying the game at launch.

I would much prefer a round with an opponent and take my turn, as in real life, than just pound out the round with other coloured ball trails whizzing around you. Without this at release, it's no sale for me.

• fungolfer and PMc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users