162 replies to this topic

#121 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Really amazing update.  Visually - looks better than ever.  Illinois and Florida look fantastic.  The new wildlife is well done.  Not sure if this is intentional but at Sawgrass there seemed to be more nat/sbugs around the water areas which was extremely immersive and creative.

The new animations are a fantastic start.  I'm sure down the road we'll continue to see the animations evolve - post shot reactions, etc.

Now... on to the meat!  I couldn't putt for crap on TP with normal MS.  I switched to RTS Mouse and had MUCH better success there.

RTS is the real deal.  It's certainly taken the difficulty up a notch or two.  On TP I normally shoot anywhere from par to 7 or 8 under.  Tonight, the best I managed was +11 at Sawgrass.  There were stretches of holes where I was in a groove and then a hole or two that I just completely lost it.  For the most part I think this happened when I was going into overswing too much.  When I scaled back my swing I had much more success.  I'm sure I'll eventually get back to shooting par to slightly under par with time but I'm not certain I'll get back to shooting 7 under or better anytime soon.

I'll try out controller swing tomorrow.  Gotta go to bed now!  Morning comes early with a 3 year old, 20 month old and 2 month old!  

Hmm sounds to me like you should stay away from the bedroom  :P  ;) 

#122 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

As for the update yes there is lots of added features which really gives hope for the future. The only thing I'm not crazy about (and perhaps I missed something) is the added icons for the club selection and the shot shaper. While I actually like the two features instead of clicking inside  the meter (3 click) It does seem to add a bit more clutter. Is it possible to move them under the other icons so they are all in one place? Or perhaps a long the bottom? I just find it getting a little bit  "busy" around the swing meter, but that is my opinion. 

Thanks to all involved for the game moving forward and a special thanks to the designers for all their hard work and adding new courses for us to enjoy. This update really shows the potential this game has and personally I'm looking forward to what this game will be.  

• Armand likes this

#123 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 21 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

What is it that's happening with your backswing, Charles?  When I pull the mouse back the club moves in sync with it on all shot types.  I see no lag of any sort.  Seems odd there would be a difference between our experiences.

Well Joe, it's this: when I right-click I start pulling the mouse back. Right of the bat I see that the clubhead is just just a fraction late. That alone is annoying. I'm used to an 'exact response' (in Links); after that, I see that the club is just a fraction behind the actual real time backward pull of the mouse. Like I wrote before, it's just like the club being pulled back with a rubber elastic. It's just not 'connected'. Reaching the top/end op the backswing is therefore not precise for me. When I reach the end of my backward (downward) pull of the mouse, the club is -again- a fraction late. That makes a precise backswing length near impossible. I've tried it on the range but it's not satisfactory really. I can reduce the length of my backswing but I do not have total control on the length I want to get.

With the big swings it's annoying, but pitching, chipping and certainly putting (in short, the short game) its downright really frustrating. I can not really control my lenght of backswing and that kills any real chance of hitting the kind of shots I want to produce. Again, not to compare, but as a longtime Links/RTS player, I am used to a 100% conected Ani. The PG/Ani is 95% connected. It's that 5% which is bugging me right now.

So, I am NOT talking about the transition pauze at the top/end of the backswing. I am talking of the movement up to that point.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#124 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:00 PM

The only thing I'm not crazy about (and perhaps I missed something) is the added icons for the club selection and the shot shaper.

Really?  I totally love the icons....are you just talking about placement (vs how they look)?

I'd actually like the other icons to get:

-  a redesign

- optionally hidden, especially for controller users who essentiall never will use them

• Vernon520 likes this

#125 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

Hmm sounds to me like you should stay away from the bedroom  :P  ;)

Hahaha!  Yea, I've got 5 in total.  A 12 year old and 10 year old from my first marriage and now the younger three with my wife.  The last of which was a surprise!  That issue has been resolved.  :D

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#126 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

@Charles:  I know it's just semantics, but so people don't get confused, I think we should say something other than "not connected".

Obviously the avatar is "connected", it's just not a 1:1 your movement to his movement ratio.  I know it's a small thing, but a big difference in clarity when talking about this.  If there was no connection between your movements and the avatar in RTS, he wouldn't do anything (laggy or otherwise)

The Motion Swing was "not connected" for example

(the entire movement of the mouse was done...then the guy did what you'd inputted - different deal with RTS totally)

#127 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:07 PM

Really?  I totally love the icons....are you just talking about placement (vs how they look)?

I'd actually like the other icons to get:

-  a redesign

- optionally hidden, especially for controller users who essentiall never will use them

I should have been more clear sorry about that. No I don't like the placement ie beside the meter as I said it makes  it a bit cluttered  there. Yes I agree that the option to hide them would be great. The functions they do are great, the location in my opinion not so much.  

#128 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

We were asked about the icons in testing. I preferred the option to have the curve of the the icons go from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock i.e. with the curve flopped over horizontally. Also the icons could be moved closer to the golfer a tad.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#129 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:12 PM

@Buck (and Joe): I just discovered what most probably is screwing things up at my end: the pause rendering does not work in RTS!!! :unsure: 

I plump forgot to check this! Well, that's just dandy. This really is big bugaboo for me. I couldn't for the life of me understand what was happening, but now I know. This is a game changer for me right now. If this is not fixed .. :(

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#130 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

@Buck (and Joe): I just discovered what most probably is screwing things up at my end: the pause rendering does not work in RTS!!! :unsure:

I plump forgot to check this! Well, that's just dandy. This really is big bugaboo for me. I couldn't for the life of me understand what was happening, but now I know. This is a game changer for me right now. If this is not fixed .. :(

Well - at least your figured it out....

#131 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

We were asked about the icons in testing. I preferred the option to have the curve of the the icons go from 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock i.e. with the curve flopped over horizontally. Also the icons could be moved closer to the golfer a tad.

A hiding option would be good for controller users (and all if they want), no?

#132 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:18 PM

A hiding option would be good for controller users (and all if they want), no?

Yes, mouse users too. I sometimes play by losing all of the screen clutter by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U. It's good for taking screen shots also.
  • Ted_Ball likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#133 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:21 PM

Yes, mouse users too. I sometimes play by losing all of the screen clutter by pressing Ctrl+Alt+U. It's good for taking screen shots also.

Wow! How did I never know about that?

See that makes me want even more options about what we see on the screen or not because it's so beautiful to have it so de-cluttered.

If I could have that view and just be able to see my distance and club I might use that all the time

#134 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the update.  I was scratching my head trying to think why you were experiencing that slight delay.  I, too, used RTS in Links and my backswing in PG looks the same re mouse/club movement as in Links.  However, I am fortunate enough to have a machine where I haven't needed to use the pause render on swing.  

Have you tried lowering any of the graphics settings to see if there is a setting that keeps your mouse/club movement in sync?

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#135 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

@Joe: I guess I'll have to go back tinkering and tweaking to try to have some kind of rendering. Being a medium end user this will not make the experience more enjoyable I imagine... This is very annoying indeed. If the plans are indeed to keep the RTS 'live', then some users, such as myself are not going forward untill the PC is further upgraded. Anyway, I'm not going on playing MS or switching to 3C. I am a RTS man, and if I can not get the performance on my present machine I'll have to back down. We'll see..

= Arnold Palmer =

#136 AwYea

AwYea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

Charles looking at your specs you could get a reasonable graphics gaming card for less than $150 and you would be set. The intel gaphics is killing you.

You can get a Geforce GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5 for about $135. This is a low profile PCI express(no connections to PSU) dual slot card that only needs a 300W PS. The performance upgrade you would get would be worth every penny.

My specs are almost identical to yours. My i5 CPU is only 3.0 ghz compared to your 3.2 ghz and i play on Ultra.

PG + OGT & MP = Golfing Bliss! 

Steam-ahhyeaa

#137 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

Good spot A.

Never noticed that in Charles's signature. That is a definite hindrance as far as PG goes. I would say any reasonable Gfx card would be better suited than the integrated one.

I might even still have an old 2GB Radeon 5950 HD lying around in the house somewhere, which I'm more than willing to send to Charles for free if he wants it (and I can find it, lol). It was the original card I got with my rig in 2010, but I upgraded in January last year to my current 4GB GTX 760.

#138 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:33 AM

All I can say is just fantastic update. I got home this evening and downloaded the update and all the new courses and thank goodness for fiber optic Internet and 1000mps to boot. First I tried the new update for a few holes at Florida and Illinois and again wow it plays so good and looks so good to boot. Then I played 18 at Bellerive and as a fan of real courses I can say that one is a gem. I played both Pro and TP with MS swing and to be honest that is where I will stay swing wise as I will fool around with RTS but I like MS to much to give it up. I will say TP MS is now a lot harder and quite fun but I myself might be staying Pro as I just feel that is best for me right now. Great update and a big shout out to the Dev team.

#139 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

All I can say is just fantastic update. I got home this evening and downloaded the update and all the new courses and thank goodness for fiber optic Internet and 1000mps to boot. First I tried the new update for a few holes at Florida and Illinois and again wow it plays so good and looks so good to boot. Then I played 18 at Bellerive and as a fan of real courses I can say that one is a gem. I played both Pro and TP with MS swing and to be honest that is where I will stay swing wise as I will fool around with RTS but I like MS to much to give it up. I will say TP MS is now a lot harder and quite fun but I myself might be staying Pro as I just feel that is best for me right now. Great update and a big shout out to the Dev team.

If you've got a controller lying around then you owe it to yourself to try RTSC. Just try it... If you hate it then no harm.

It's awesome. IMHO.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#140 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip