7 replies to this topic

#1 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

I felt this needed it's own thread, as not only may I add more, but others may too. Also, I know approx 10% of what there is to know regarding Trees, Shaders and their creation.. so as this progresses, I'll learn something too.

Here is a post I made within the Show & Tell thread, that makes some trees available ;

Ok... Unsure if this will work, so would appreciate any feedback.

I found 23 Trees... they are far from perfect, but will sit ideally as background foliage. Personally I wouldn't place them anywhere near areas where a golfer will likely mishit, but they may present a good crop of trees that can help those areas where you simply need coverage.

The reasons I say this are because of things I'm yet unsure of regarding trees... I didn't create these, I downloaded them freely from other sites and imported them into Unity. I've tested them all and tweaked a few, but mostly, their shadows don't show the leaves. Some I've tried to describe ie birch, but I'm no expert regarding trees either lol. There may be some that are not worthy, but there may be a few that are... it's your call. I want to at least offer the work and time I've put in, to help others have a little more fun. It's the least I can give back anyway.

Here's an image of the trees.. and as another bonus, there is a guy on bike in there too. Or there should be lol...

nmi2op.jpg

DOWNLOAD TREE PACKAGE - 625mb

The file is a Unity Package, and will import all trees into it's own folder named Various Trees, within your Asset folder. You can import all, or those of your choice. It wasn't easy finding somewhere to host this file, so I'd appreciate anyone else hosting this file somewhere else too. My connection is only a maximum 3mb, so this took the afternoon and evening to upload...  hopefully it was worth it for some others out there.

#2 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ok... decided to do another, but make sure the filesize was smaller, so again, the same details apply - I did not create these Trees.. but simply compiled them for ease of installing into Unity.

24yolcz.jpg

DOWNLOAD TREE PACKAGE 2 - 100mb

This will install into a folder named Various Trees 2 and contains 10 Trees for background use.

• Unique likes this

#3 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for these! When it comes to trees the more the merrier I say.  Don't have time to dload/install right now but will this evening.  Thanks again.

#4 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Ok.. here's another 6.. and yes, the downloads are getting smaller !

Again, I did not create these Tree's... just found them, compiled them into another Folder named Various Trees 3 >

28l9rhk.jpg

DOWNLOAD TREE PACKAGE 3 - 20mb

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

Was curious, is there the ability to select different heights for your trees and bushes? Or how is that accomplished?

I'm used to being able to plant one at a time or in large or small groups with varying heights at the same time...

Thanks

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#6 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

In Unity, you can set the height of each tree model to a value that you feel adequate - so you could give to an oak tree, for example, the size of a Bonzai or of a Sequoia sempervirens.

You can plant and place single trees by reducing the size of the Unity tree brush to 1 (Maximum is 100)

You can set a random element to get different sizes, witdhs, heights, leaf colors if you want to plant several types of the same tree at the same time with a larger brush.

Read up on it here

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Good news.. Thank ya..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#8 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Final one from me then... another 10 Trees.

2625lw0.jpg

DOWNLOAD TREE PACKAGE 4 - 210mb

So.. as a very Young One Neil would say... "we sow the seed, nature grows the seed....".. any others out there?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tree

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users